Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2008, 00:33   #406
Senior - BHPian

XM1 is assymetric..but dont confuse that with "directional" tyres. It is the directional tyres that can be rotated onlyt on one side of the vehicle as they MUST rotat ein teh same direction for optimal performance...
Assymetric tyres have different tread pattern so that you cannot flip the tyre on to the rim (you can force..but the design is not meant for it)..while cornering the different parts of tyres (inner versus outer) exp different type of forces and hence different patterns to counter them.
If you look carefully..the XM1 says "Inside" on one side and "Outside" on the other side of the sidewall...thoug generally you can only see the "Outside" marking as to see the "inside" markl you need t ohoist the car or easier still..check out your spare wheel in case you have the same tyre on it
Old 14th December 2008, 21:12   #407
BHPian

Hey Aditya, How much did you pay for these and where did you pick them up in Chennai? Have been hunting for these for a while now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Just love them. The drive has become so so better now that it cant be explained. Anyone would agree after seeing the condition of the stock tyres. he he
Old 5th January 2009, 01:04   #408
BHPian

hi guys, i just replaced my santro's Bridgestone 155/70 R13 to YOKOHAMA 175/60 R13. I just love the grip as well as the DESIGN of these tyres. Got these for 2800 each(Approx).

Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-030120091154.jpg

Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-030120091157.jpg

Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-2.jpg

Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-020120091128.jpg
Old 18th January 2009, 18:15   #409
BHPian

Hey guys can anyone help with prices of Yokos and Apollo Accleres here in Chennai? Am currently running Goodyear Eagle Venturas 185/60 on 13" HR alloys on my Xing. The fronts are worn out but the rears look like they have at least 20k left on them. But want to downsize to 175/60 or 165/65(This purely for the mileage factor). So decided to change all 4. Am looking at Yokos A539 and at the Accleres too. XL tyre point in t.nagar, Chennai quoted 3250 for the Yokos and did not recommend the Accleres. Instead he tried to push Continentals. Also quoted 3300 for Michellin XM1's. I feel these are on the higher side. Are these prices ok or should I try and knock him down. Also said Bridgestone potenzas were good but were in the process of being phrased out. Also there was a watch offer on the potenzas. Fastrack watches from Titan I think for a set of 4 tyres. Potenzas were on offer for 2850.
Didnt want to go to Lal's or Majestic as have heard lots of negative things about them. Should I also try the guy on greames road. Heard he's good but never been there. help.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:21   #410
BHPian

Need Help!! Tyre size for Santro

Hey guys,
I have a 2 year old Santro Xing XL,
I have stock tyres on my Santro 155/70/R13, I want to upgrade it to broader tyres.
What size is ideal for with the stock rims? should i go for 175/60/R13 or can i go for 185/60/R13?

Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks!
Arun
Old 20th January 2009, 18:25   #411
Senior - BHPian

For 2 years old Santro best upsize is tubetype 165/65 R13 with stock RIMS. Beyond that you need Alloys and its totally show off, nothing else for Indian roads. I suggest because its 2 years old stick to tube type stock tyre or max. 165/65 R13 on stock RIMs.

If you plan to get alloys you can go for tubeless (which is recomanded) and wide tyre

Please note that You have lot of advantages with tubeless.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 20th January 2009 at 18:26.
Old 21st January 2009, 11:02   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
For 2 years old Santro best upsize is tubetype 165/65 R13 with stock RIMS. Beyond that you need Alloys and its totally show off, nothing else for Indian roads. I suggest because its 2 years old stick to tube type stock tyre or max. 165/65 R13 on stock RIMs.

If you plan to get alloys you can go for tubeless (which is recomanded) and wide tyre

Please note that You have lot of advantages with tubeless.

Regards,

Ravi.
Ravi thanks a lot for your information; I am planning to get alloys in the next 7-8 months, Can I go for a wider tyre then? probably 175/60/13

Can you let me know the important advantages of tubeless tyre?

Thanks
Arun
Old 21st January 2009, 11:46   #413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Beyond that you need Alloys and its totally show off, nothing else for Indian roads.
Sorry, I have to disagree with that. Check #6 and #10 posts on the first page of this thread. The reduction in unsprung weight really makes a difference on the Santro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.kulkarni View Post
Can you let me know the important advantages of tubeless tyre?
The answer is there in the very first page of this thread.

Last edited by Samurai : 21st January 2009 at 11:49.
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:02   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Sorry, I have to disagree with that. Check #6 and #10 posts on the first page of this thread. The reduction in unsprung weight really makes a difference on the Santro.

The answer is there in the very first page of this thread.
thanks Samurai for your information!

Cheers!
Old 23rd January 2009, 23:36   #415
BHPian

Nobody has any info on prices in Chennai? Tyre gurus any feedback would help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevciti View Post
Hey guys can anyone help with prices of Yokos and Apollo Accleres here in Chennai? Am currently running Goodyear Eagle Venturas 185/60 on 13" HR alloys on my Xing. The fronts are worn out but the rears look like they have at least 20k left on them. But want to downsize to 175/60 or 165/65(This purely for the mileage factor). So decided to change all 4. Am looking at Yokos A539 and at the Accleres too. XL tyre point in t.nagar, Chennai quoted 3250 for the Yokos and did not recommend the Accleres. Instead he tried to push Continentals. Also quoted 3300 for Michellin XM1's. I feel these are on the higher side. Are these prices ok or should I try and knock him down. Also said Bridgestone potenzas were good but were in the process of being phrased out. Also there was a watch offer on the potenzas. Fastrack watches from Titan I think for a set of 4 tyres. Potenzas were on offer for 2850.
Didnt want to go to Lal's or Majestic as have heard lots of negative things about them. Should I also try the guy on greames road. Heard he's good but never been there. help.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:01   #416

Time to change tyres again !!

Hi,

I have to get my 2005 Santro new tires. I travel 140kms every day. The car has clocked 1 lakh kms. I am currently running Michelin XM1 165/65 and they are showing signs of wear and tear and have run almost 38k.

Can there be more life to them or should I change them?

Which tyres should I consider now?

Thanks,
Shruti
Old 25th February 2009, 17:15   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevciti View Post
Nobody has any info on prices in Chennai? Tyre gurus any feedback would help.
Picked up Yokohama A539's from Lal traders near TVS bunk for 2850 per piece in August 2008.

You can also try Lal enterprises on Lloyds road.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:15   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrutiprakash View Post
Hi,

I have to get my 2005 Santro new tires. I travel 140kms every day. The car has clocked 1 lakh kms. I am currently running Michelin XM1 165/65 and they are showing signs of wear and tear and have run almost 38k.

Can there be more life to them or should I change them?

Which tyres should I consider now?

Thanks,
Shruti
More than the tire change u need a diesel car to do 140 kms daily.

XM1 running anything more than 35k kms is a bonus.

Stick to the same size and choose anything between XM1 and Yoko A drive.

Last edited by kpzen : 25th February 2009 at 17:17.
Old 26th February 2009, 21:27   #419
BHPian

Since you have already used the XM1 i think you should try out the Yokohama's. Very good tyres, gives you the proper grip and the ride comfort also changes drastically, more than what you can imagine.
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:36   #420

Thanks KP and Aditya!

Any idea how much will Yokohama cost? And I am currently running XM1 on steel rims....do you think it will work now also, when i change to Yokohama?...don't feel like spending quite a lot on alloys (more so since the car has already ran 1 lakh kms.. :(

I got my car serviced this weekend, and the Hyundai guy was saying that XM1 should run till 50k kms at least....starkingly difefrent opinion .... any inputs?

Right KP, infact I am thinking of going in for a diesel car now.. am just waiting for some user reviews on Fiat Linea or else maybe Ford Fiesta should be it...any suggestions?

Thanks,
Shruti

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks