Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2012, 19:38   #211
BHPian

re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
Did Delhi--Pune last week, cant believe its over !! I got quite decent avg of 19 with AC and 185/70 tyres, doing 110-120. Other stats in the pic ...let me know if any queries....thanks
Hi there.. seems like you are running on 185/70/14. Could you please share if there is any fouling of tires under full load or on full steering turn or any other issues? 185/70/14 is 5.4% larger than stock 175/65/14.
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:06   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Hi there.. seems like you are running on 185/70/14. Could you please share if there is any fouling of tires under full load or on full steering turn or any other issues? 185/70/14 is 5.4% larger than stock 175/65/14.
I dont think your cal of 5.4% is correct, anyways, I have no problems of any sort as per my cals, the difference is less then 1%

Ref attached :-
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tyre_size_diff.jpg  

NFS_1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:35   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
I dont think your cal of 5.4% is correct, anyways, I have no problems of any sort as per my cals, the difference is less then 1%

Ref attached :-
Thanks. The comparison you did is between 175/65/14 and 185/60/14. I thought you earlier mentioned 185/70/14.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 3rd October 2012 at 16:37.
Old 3rd October 2012, 23:10   #214
Senior - BHPian

Figo owners, need a couple of answers from you guys. My son is getting his new Titanium tdci by this month end. I am told the normal tyres that come with the Figo are MRF, Appollo or Good Year.

My question is whether we should go in for Michelin XM2s on the day of purchase or stick to the stock tyres. I am happy with the stockMRF ZVTK tyres on my Fiesta which has completed 36 k so far, though I wish they offered better grip on wet roads.

But considering that the Figo is only 68 bhp, I wanted to know whether it is really necessary to:-
  1. Swap tyres for XM2s. If so, how much extra do we need to shell out?
  2. Whether to upsize to 185/64/14 profile? Not sure of warranty, but we are taking EW.
  3. Whether upsize will help in improving GC issues when fully loaded.
Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd October 2012, 23:39   #215
Senior - BHPian

First of all, congrats on your decision to buy the Figo TDCi. Do share the updates on the Official Figo thread

As for your questions, here are the responses as per my POV:

1. I would say that you should stick to the stock tyres. They are adequate & though the Michelins would be better any given day, none of the stock tyres on the Figo are too bad. However, if you can get to choose the stock tyres, I would say get the Goodyear GT3 or Apollo Accelere (in that order).
Secondly, if you still choose to swap, ensure that you get the stock size because you would void the suspension warranty otherwise. The differential price for a set of 5 Michelin XM2s shouldn't be more than 5K.

2. Stick with stock size, as warranty can be voided. Though, a lot depends on your rapport with the A.S.S

3. I have personally not heard of any GC issues on the newer Figos. So, if you keep the air pressure at the correct level, you shouldn't face any problems even with the stock size.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Figo owners, need a couple of answers from you guys. My son is getting his new Titanium tdci by this month end. I am told the normal tyres that come with the Figo are MRF, Appollo or Good Year.

My question is whether we should go in for Michelin XM2s on the day of purchase or stick to the stock tyres. I am happy with the stockMRF ZVTK tyres on my Fiesta which has completed 36 k so far, though I wish they offered better grip on wet roads.

But considering that the Figo is only 68 bhp, I wanted to know whether it is really necessary to:-
  2. Whether to upsize to 185/64/14 profile? Not sure of warranty, but we are taking EW.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 3rd October 2012 at 23:40.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 01:57   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
I would avoid the MRF ZV2K, if I were you. Try and get the dealer to swap the tyres to Apollo or Goodyear before delivery. In town, the MRFs were fine on my Figo, but out on the highway at speeds above 100kmph, there is a noticable difference between MRF and better quality rubber like Apollo Acelere/Michelin XM/Bridgestone Potenza/etc.

Upsize really not necessary. Stick to stock size of 175/65R14, it is truly sufficient for all purposes.

I have upsized my Figo to 185/60R14 (a slightly lower Outer Diameter, hence less Ground Clearance by 3mm) and I still haven't faced issues with Bangalore's super-massive speedbreakers.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 09:54   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I am with the stock MRFs on my Figo and it has run approx 40k in 18mths.No problems whatsoever.You could invest in the XM2 after 40k.No need to upsoze IMO.The 175 65 14 is more than sufficient.Upsizing would put more stress on the suspensions.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 14:20   #218
BHPian

Quote:
I am told the normal tyres that come with the Figo are MRF, Appollo or Good Year.

Thanks in advance.
My Figo came with MRF (ZV2K)and after ~45k kms I refreshed with MRF again(ZV2K). My experience with MRF has been very satisfying. As others posted above more softer tires provide better experience and safety at higher speeds I feel risk of tire cut or blowup is lowest with MRF (compared to everyone in market),

ZV2K and ZVTV are same with different buttons, but ZVTS is the hardest among MRF and lowest in grip.

Also last 2 years my observation has been its always non- MRF factory defaults that have had bubbles issues (most common warranty claim) and this is not limited to ford/ figo.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 6th October 2012 at 14:23.
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:11   #219
BHPian

Apparently the 15" alloy options i see in Cochin for Figo are not to my liking. Has anyone tried 16" rims on figo?
Old 24th January 2013, 15:14   #220
BHPian

Hi,

The Figo Titanium comes with Alloys as we all know. However, the spare wheel has steel rims. This is a pain for if one wants to use the spare for tyre rotation one ends up having a steel rim on one of the four at most times. If one does not use the spare, then it just lies there and becomes hard over time.

So what I want to do is buy a single stock alloy (2012 model) and put the spare also on an alloy rim. Went to Metro Ford today and they quoted 6,600 for a single alloy. Thats way too much !!!!!!

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a new / second hand 2012 design model stock alloy in Bangalore? My thanks in advance.
Old 24th January 2013, 15:20   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Hi,

The Figo Titanium comes with Alloys as we all know. However, the spare wheel has steel rims. This is a pain for if one wants to use the spare for tyre rotation one ends up having a steel rim on one of the four at most times. If one does not use the spare, then it just lies there and becomes hard over time.

So what I want to do is buy a single stock alloy (2012 model) and put the spare also on an alloy rim. Went to Metro Ford today and they quoted 6,600 for a single alloy. Thats way too much !!!!!!

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a new / second hand 2012 design model stock alloy in Bangalore? My thanks in advance.
JC Road is full of such shops
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 15:53   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Hi,
You might get it at JC Road, but I guess nobody will be willing to sell a single piece. Normally people go for change of entire set, presumably the shops might have set of 4 again. And if you do get a single piece it should match the model on your car, it could be old, damaged etc. Alternatively if you do not find one, you can always trade the set of 4 in your car with a new set of 5 from the shops there. Just beware some shops are notorious to palm off refurbished allows in JC Road.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:30   #223
mxx
BHPian

It seems that there is a general opinion in this thread that 185/60/14 is a better upsize. I am planning to go for either Michelin or Yokohama. But very confused about the different models within these 2 brands, ie XM1,XM1+, A, C ,S drive etc.
My priority is to get the best grip/handling in dry and wet conditions. Apart from safety everything else is secondary for me. So, which model - within the above mentioned brands - is best for my requirements. Also are any of these hard compound tyres?
Old 6th February 2013, 18:33   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
It seems that there is a general opinion in this thread that 185/60/14 is a better upsize. I am planning to go for either Michelin or Yokohama. But very confused about the different models within these 2 brands, ie XM1,XM1+, A, C ,S drive etc.
My priority is to get the best grip/handling in dry and wet conditions. Apart from safety everything else is secondary for me. So, which model - within the above mentioned brands - is best for my requirements. Also are any of these hard compound tyres?
Both brands are not hard rubber. Best for you is the C drive. XM2 is better but more expensive. Wet handling is better on C drive though.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 23:45   #225
BHPian

I have changed my stock tyres to Hankook 195/65/R14 recently on my figo and is absolutely happy with its performance. Better grip and healthy looks all over. The terrible under body scrapping on bumpers synonymous with all figo owners have come down drastically after this upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks