Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2013, 17:19   #4396
BHPian

Re: Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
This car is not for sale. This belongs to a member of our Club . Restoration likely to start shortly.
Thank you for clarifying that, Mr. Jatti; I appreciate that, sir. Probably saved me a wild goose chase, although in the tussle between head and heart, the head was being unusually assertive in this case. After learning of it's location from the map posted by the car-spotter, I'd narrowed down my guesses on its ownership, which kind of also explained it's abandoned, yet bespoke look!

Since now you've confirmed who it belongs to in 'our club' (which incidentally is the HMCI, Delhi for the benefit of others), it'll be interesting to observe how the restoration progresses, as also future residence of the vehicle!

Well, sigh!! A '59 Impala continues to be on my fervent wish-list along with a Rover P5B. And at 1970s prices at that, were the affable genie to grant me three wishes!!
Old 31st March 2013, 16:28   #4397
BHPian

White Hindustan has arrived at Kurla breaker yard. Looked like a Landmaster to me, with lots of things in place. Any saviour?
Automaton is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 20:37   #4398
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
White Hindustan has arrived at Kurla breaker yard. Looked like a Landmaster to me, with lots of things in place. Any saviour?
Any pics of the car please ...I will have someone go there first thing to try and save it .. anyone wants it after that is fine to get in touch with me . If I see thats its worth saving

Cheers
Old 31st March 2013, 20:55   #4399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i am very interested to look after her . please give me the sellers contact phone number . my cell no is 9845194814 .
Old 31st March 2013, 21:45   #4400
BHPian

Will post pictures by 9 or so tomorrow morning. Get your hopes up only after that.

Knew I should have circled back earlier in the afternoon. Let me see if my phone flash does the job tonight.

Cheers
Old 1st April 2013, 00:52   #4401
BHPian

Here are some night shots for the midnight activists. Hope it's not a 'common' car and can find a home.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image2928701803.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image855211206.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image3398381435.jpg  

Automaton is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 09:37   #4402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are some night shots for the midnight activists. Hope it's not a 'common' car and can find a home.
Have been seeing it running around town last couple of months. Seemed to be in fairly good shape (much better than it looks in these pictures). Its unlikely that the sidevalve engine is in place, but you never know. Good luck guys.
Old 1st April 2013, 11:16   #4403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will post pictures by 9 or so tomorrow morning. Get your hopes up only after that.

Knew I should have circled back earlier in the afternoon. Let me see if my phone flash does the job tonight.

Cheers
A very savable car, why don't you restore and use her. We can all help. Imagine going to work in a moss green landmaster super cool! especially in your industry
Old 1st April 2013, 11:44   #4404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
A very savable car, why don't you restore and use her. We can all help. Imagine going to work in a moss green landmaster super cool! especially in your industry
Thanks, but never been a fan of Ambassadors. Though I love being a passenger in them.

Taking your and Harit's advice. My single classic better be worth my time and parking space No offense meant to any man or machine.
Old 1st April 2013, 14:02   #4405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but never been a fan of Ambassadors. Though I love being a passenger in them.

Taking your and Harit's advice. My single classic better be worth my time and parking space No offense meant to any man or machine.
thank you very much . i am genuinely interested . if you have some contact number of seller , please advise . will follow up.
Old 1st April 2013, 14:32   #4406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
thank you very much . i am genuinely interested . if you have some contact number of seller , please advise . will follow up.
Vinay, I chanced upon it yesterday, and haven't spoken to anyone there regarding it. Especially since I wasn't interested in it, for the fear of inflating the price for a genuine buyer. If too many people start asking about it, you know how it is, the seller will assume he has something really precious and will cost an arm and a leg.

If Kasli has not already, I suggest you hotfoot it or send someone across to get the details. It is on the CST road crossing on the right, if you are coming from BKC. Very easy to spot. And as Karl has pointed out, it looks better in person.

All the best.
Old 1st April 2013, 14:49   #4407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
Mine uncle has contacted the dealer asking price was around 1.3 lac, sorry dont have the dealer contact number..
Old 6th April 2013, 18:23   #4408
Senior - BHPian

I have been spotting this Willys wagon for a while, finally got a chance to catch her last Sunday. Is she a 1949 model and is that "4" logo original?.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0614-1024x768.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0615-1024x768.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0616-1024x768.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-imag0617-1024x768.jpg  

agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 20:21   #4409
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Hi agspins:

Yes indeed, she is a 1949 Willys 4x4-63 wagon.
That means she originally had the flathead "L"-head "Go-Devil" engine.
And 4-wheel-drive hardware (Spicer-18 transfer case).
That's what the "4" logo stands for. Which is completely original.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-19494x463wagon.jpg
Ram
Ram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 21:33   #4410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I have been spotting this Willys wagon for a while, finally got a chance to catch her last Sunday. Is she a 1949 model and is that "4" logo original?.
A good discovery ! The body is quite OK. But many, many components may be missing. The front grille appears to have been changed.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 6th April 2013 at 21:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks