Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 12:50   #676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
Here is My Classic Commercial Vehicle
Hope u guys like it
I love it - more detailed pictures please. Is this the MHF registered one that used to stand at Narayan Peth? There was also another one not far from there, in light green. Both were in good (meaning original) condition.

Quote:
EXACTLY what's on my mind. Either a scooter Carrier or a Woody Passenger Carrier. But i am not sure When our Vintage and Classic Rallys will allow such vehicles to be Included.
I would really like it if you kept it more original rather than customising it. It will probably be unique in a couple of years, you must restore it to original. And don't bother about the rallies - enjoy your Lambretta the way she is.
Old 26th September 2012, 14:09   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I love it - more detailed pictures please. Is this the MHF registered one that used to stand at Narayan Peth? There was also another one not far from there, in light green. Both were in good (meaning original) condition.

I would really like it if you kept it more original rather than customising it. It will probably be unique in a couple of years, you must restore it to original. And don't bother about the rallies - enjoy your Lambretta the way she is.
Thanks Karl, I will post some detailed pics soon. No this is the One that was standing near Chitale Bandhu (City area) The MHF One u say the Blue one is i think recently sold. and the Light green used to ferry Bricks is no where to be found. Need to go on a sunday to check it out.

I dont mind keeping it the way it is right now, but my thoughts weir when i think of the following points :-

CONS
Firstly The Body currently on my Lambro was done by the previous owner out of heavy gauge Metal, making the vehicle heavy. And secondly the Current body style is not conducive to use for anything except carrying Material and maybe ferry myself to the Nearest Spare Part Store for Shopping

PROS - of Converting it into something Presentable

If converted into a Woody Passenger - We can at least use it to ferry our self's in the city while retaining the essence of the original Lambro.

( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...tml#post958670 )

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-3.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-apecalessino-1.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-weddingape.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-akatararuasouthwards3.jpg

If converted to a Lambretta Vehicle Carrier i guess it will be only for Show purpose. (I dont like my vehicles to be only for show purpose though)
It will be an amazing one of a kind project to carry maybe a X150 Special

Waiting for inputs from all you guys..

Last edited by Shreeram : 26th September 2012 at 14:14.
Old 26th September 2012, 16:30   #678
BHPian

Quote:
The 3 Wheeler has everything intact except the Headlamp and front Monogram, the original Indicators (Square with white and red colour lenses) are still there, the Speedo too seems original (need to confirm though).
Nice Gift for yourself Shreeram. Are the indicators same as the one I got from my native town? I guess these rickshaws should have shared the same speedo as from a Lamby, what say? Were you not able to find the right location for the API 175 badge?
Old 26th September 2012, 17:18   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
@Sreeram : Congratulations for this bold step. These are quite rare in Maharashtra, but I think are plenty in the southern side. I see many in Coimbatore, running on Kerosene. I have also seen a couple of them in Bangalore as LPG delivery vans.
I have also travelled in one of them in Indore which was indeed a pristine example, running on pure petrol ! I did ask him why not use LPG kit, he told me that the engine is not suitable for such conversion. Till date I have not found the answer to this.
All the best for the restoration. Please keep us updated !
Thank You sir, Yes there are Plenty of them down south, they dint survive here in Maharashtra because of Bajaj's Political Hold here. And most Examples you will find here are the Tempo Versions only, none of the older guys i know have seen the Rickshaw version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Nice Gift for yourself Shreeram. Are the indicators same as the one I got from my native town? I guess these rickshaws should have shared the same speedo as from a Lamby, what say? Were you not able to find the right location for the API 175 badge?
Yes Ilango One set of the indicators u gave are the same ones like the ones on the Lambro, Yes the Speedo is same as in the Li's. I did find the location but why do you ask ? It is somewhat different to the one already on the Tempo, I will fit the logo after resto.

Last edited by Shreeram : 26th September 2012 at 17:20.
Old 26th September 2012, 21:16   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
is that a bedford truck ?

@ cochin shipyard . still a good workhorse huh !
It's an Ashok Leyland.
Old 2nd October 2012, 20:43   #681
BHPian

I saw this gorgeous Merc on the net, thought i will share it with all. Does anyone know what model it is??
Attached Thumbnails
The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-aa.jpg  

Old 4th October 2012, 21:15   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

An old PAL truck range advertisement

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-picture-329.jpg

Matador from Bajaj Tempo

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-picture-376.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 23:51   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
I saw this gorgeous Merc on the net, thought i will share it with all. Does anyone know what model it is??
I think this is the Mercedes 6600. Experts, please comment.
Old 17th October 2012, 00:09   #684
Senior - BHPian

@ Bombay, in Malayalam it's written that it's the first Bus in India , Is that acceptable. Flicked it out from FB
Attached Thumbnails
The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-image3551757860.jpg  

Old 17th November 2012, 17:06   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been sent these ten pictures by Shri Abhishek Kushte, a very young FB friend of mine. He is from Ratnagiri and loves his Premier 118NE a lot. He is also a "American muscle cars of the late 1960's early 70"s" fan.

The trucks are/ were owned by his family.The Bedford truck MHL 1072 has been scrapped and his favourite project now is to restore his Bedford J 6, BYX 5859.

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-image306.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-image258.jpg

The B&W picture is of the family's first Bedford MHL 1587 placed on the service ramp here. And beside it is a Hillman Minx, then gleaming. Guess it was on Dushera day when this was clicked, as traditionally, all motor vehicles and machinery are worshipped as a thanks giving exercise and for long life by owners, here in Maharashtra during Dushera.

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-image112.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-dsc00051.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-dsc00814.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-dsc00081.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-photo0082.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-photo0083.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-photo0084.jpg

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-photo0085.jpg

Last edited by karlosdeville : 18th November 2012 at 16:24. Reason: On request
anjan_c2007 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 21:22   #686
Distinguished - BHPian

Shri Abhishek Kushte has sent me another picture of the Bedford truck MHL 1072, owned by his family at Ratnagiri, just before it was scrapped.

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-photo1334.jpg
Old 18th November 2012, 19:00   #687
Senior - BHPian

Smaller cities always have their fair share of hidden treasures - as I discovered during a recent trip to Satara.
A Tata-Mercedes peeking out of an unused garage, and a Chevrolet probably in regular use.
Attached Thumbnails
The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-truck-2-small.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-truck-1-small.jpg  

SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 19:22   #688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
...and a Chevrolet probably in regular use.
Well caught. Not a Chevrolet, but a Dodge 'parrot beak', assembled by Premier. Hardly to be seen now.
karlosdeville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 19:26   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Well caught. Not a Chevrolet, but a Dodge 'parrot beak', assembled by Premier. Hardly to be seen now.
Hey thanks Karl!! I stand corrected.
Gosh, these trucks were such a common sight in my childhood days - makes one feel old!!
Old 18th November 2012, 20:13   #690
BHPian

TMB 1210 Engine for practicals at Automobile Engg. college.

Hi all,
Posting here after a very long time I must say but its worth as I got an opportunity to work on an amazing creation from TMB i.e. Tata Mercedes-Benz 1210 engine, who had an alliance for manufacturing trucks till mid-60's.
Engine is a Straight-6 Cylinder 4788cc engine, developing 294 Nm at 2300RPM.
Our college department has bought this engine from a scrap dealer in Ratnagiri along with a whole powertrain.
Attached Thumbnails
The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-14.51.02.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-15.02.50.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-15.04.18.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-15.03.14.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-15.03.21.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-14.51.02.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-15.04.18.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-15.03.00.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-15.03.00.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-15.03.14.jpg  

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-20121103-15.03.21.jpg  

dhrishikesh is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks