Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 09:41   #361
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Guys,

Have taken delivery of my 2012 Honda City Corporate Edition today evening. You can read about it here -- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...12-silver.html
Congratulations on your new buy mate .
and you have posted a great thread .
I have also booked the anhc v-at , and will hopefully have the car by the 15th - 16th of this month .

wishing you well and drive safe
warm regards
Sahil .
sahilm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 09:54   #362
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm View Post
Congratulations on your new buy mate .
and you have posted a great thread .
I have also booked the anhc v-at , and will hopefully have the car by the 15th - 16th of this month .

wishing you well and drive safe
warm regards
Sahil .
Thanks!

And look forward to reading your thread as well!
Old 6th February 2012, 12:22   #363
BHPian

A friend of mine is getting an S-MT. The delivery is due for next Sunday 12th Feb. He is looking for replacing the default 5-spoke alloys and is looking out to sell the default ones (set of 4 wheels). If anybody from Bangalore is interested in those alloys, ping me for the contact number.
Old 6th February 2012, 15:29   #364
BHPian

Hi Naveen ,
may i suggest that you tell your friend to try and stick with the original alloys by Honda and not go in for cheap after market ones ( unless he is buying some known quality ).
he will spend a lot on after market ones to keep getting the blancing done in-case he gets a cheap Chinese set .

take care and drive safe .
Sahil .

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
A friend of mine is getting an S-MT. The delivery is due for next Sunday 12th Feb. He is looking for replacing the default 5-spoke alloys and is looking out to sell the default ones (set of 4 wheels). If anybody from Bangalore is interested in those alloys, ping me for the contact number.
Old 6th February 2012, 20:26   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
Guys,

Have taken delivery of my 2012 Honda City Corporate Edition today evening. You can read about it here -- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...12-silver.html
The thread link says 'permission denied'. Any clue?
Old 6th February 2012, 20:28   #366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
OT : The thread must be in the Assembly Line. MODS will move it back once he has completed the report.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 21:25   #367
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
OT : The thread must be in the Assembly Line. MODS will move it back once he has completed the report.
Yep. I'll try to do as the gods command by tonight.

(i.e. will complete the pre-determined best-fit format by tonight, if I can).

nitin, I've done about 120km so far (since Saturday evening), in varying amounts of traffic. 100% city driving. AVG is 10.4 kpl as of now, with 90% AC.
Old 9th February 2012, 21:36   #368
BHPian

Anybody has an insight into the sales figures for the City? The monthly sales figures doesnt look promising, but that could be due to the decreased production. On a contradictory note, not seeing any anxiously waiting threads on the City (except for the CE).

so, is somebody actually buying the City (again non CE)?
Very difficult to analyze the market behavior of the recent Honda releases.

If it were normal times, we could have been seeing some sweet offers pre budget by the Honda's.
Old 9th February 2012, 22:03   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
Anybody has an insight into the sales figures for the City? The monthly sales figures doesnt look promising, but that could be due to the decreased production. On a contradictory note, not seeing any anxiously waiting threads on the City (except for the CE).

so, is somebody actually buying the City (again non CE)?
Very difficult to analyze the market behavior of the recent Honda releases.

If it were normal times, we could have been seeing some sweet offers pre budget by the Honda's.
The new variant was launched in December with deliveries starting only by mid January. We have received Jan sales figures and with those stats we can not say about the success or failure of the car. You will get a clearer picture after 2-3 months when production will be in full flow.

I have started spotting new citys from past one week. Let's wait and watch.
Old 11th February 2012, 21:22   #370
Senior - BHPian

For Delhi/NCR guys,

Except for CE variants all other variants of Honda City are readily available, no waiting as confirmed by Ring Road Honda.
Old 11th February 2012, 21:50   #371
BHPian

Frankly, its sheer financial harakiri to buy a petrol vehicle in today's crude situation. Once the UP polls are over expect another 5 rupee petrol price hike. And if the Iran war starts then god only help us all.

I seriously doubt any good sales happening on the City going ahead.

I realize how much extra I was spending on petrol, now that I drive a diesel. The savings are just enormous. My 10k+ a month petrol expense has reduced to just 4k a month diesel expense.

Cheers
Old 11th February 2012, 23:58   #372
BHPian

Hello all , and hope you guys are well .
well got a question for you all and all help would be appreciated .
I will be getting delivery of my Anhc v-at coming week and had a question regarding the insurance .
I previously had insurance on my Esteem and had never claimed anything , so i went to the company , got my insurance cancelled as i plan to sell my esteem and got a 50% Ncb certificate from them .
Now the question is that , i have a guys that does all insurance for my cars , house , medical etc and he has been working with the family ( ours . cousins , friends etc ) for a lonnnng time . he suggested that i take insurance from him , and that he would get me the 50% no claim bonus on the new insurance .
i wanted to know if i sould go with him or with the " honda assure " insurance , the laidy at the honda dealership told me that she too would give me 50% off on the new insurance .
so basically i would be getting 50% off from both the companies , should i be taking honda assure or some ( i doono which one ) from my known insurance agent .
also is their any good or better insurance , i dont know anything about insurance except the fact that i took my insurance for my esteem 10 years ago and every year they would reduce the value of my very well maintained car ( which now i need to sell off - and am hating to do so ) ....

hope to hear from you all
warm regards
sahil
Old 12th February 2012, 09:12   #373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i wanted to know if i sould go with him or with the " honda assure " insurance , the laidy at the honda dealership told me that she too would give me 50% off on the new insurance .
Honda Assure will be better as the Insurance policy would be straight from Honda. Claiming Insurance will be hassle-free.

On the same hand, it might get cumbersome to claim Insurance outside Honda A.S.S.

So in the case of accident, if you plan to repair your car at Honda A.S.S. only, Honda Assure is the way to go. If you have a trusted garage, you might wanna think of other providers.

Quote:
i dont know anything about insurance except the fact that i took my insurance for my esteem 10 years ago and every year they would reduce the value of my very well maintained car
Well, every car undergoes depreciation in value, no matter which Insurance policy.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 16:30   #374
BHPian

Quote:
so basically i would be getting 50% off from both the companies , should i be taking honda assure or some ( i doono which one ) from my known insurance agent .
I would suggest that you ask for insurance quote from your friend (Insurance is based on ex-showroom price). Ask your friend you give normal quote without NCB and one quote with your 50% NCB discount included. With this information you can compare Honda insurance - whether it is high or normal.

If Honda insurance is high, then negotiate with dealer that their insurance is high and ask for additional cash discount on the car. At the same time, if Honda insurance is high, your 50% discount also works our higher... and higher saving on OTR price.

Going by your 10 year history of no claims, I suppose you are a safe driver and hence insurance is a compliance requirement. You may use outside insurance quote and NCB as your tools to negotiate hard with dealer. Next year, you may simply shift the renewal to your friend.
SafeSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 11:54   #375
BHPian

I had asked this before also, so kindly excuse me repeating.
Any idea on Honda's strategy of charging 71000 extra for the feature list of just Body colored mirrors, door handles, beige fabric, silver AC knob, black mudguard, integrated audio.
(This is the price and feature difference between CE and E).
The rest of the variants are fairly differentiated by 50k each for a fair set of features. But somehow cant digest the 71k difference.
Any idea whats the hidden reason?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks