Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2015, 22:05   #286
BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A good friend drops this info (thanks a ton man!) from an internal training courtesy NEXA:
As compared to Swift, Baleno's wheelbase has been increased from 2430 mm to 2520 mm and also the front and rear track to 1520mm . With the same swift diesel engine I think Baleno will have better high speed stability. Perhaps 90 Ps could be very high power for car with such a light kerb weight! I do not think that Suzuki can compromise with such a quality car by using underpowered engine ! As per the Suzuki measurement the swift (DDIS) acceleration from 0-100 km/h is 12.7 seconds. Even if Baleno can not improve it...still it is acceptable.

Last edited by koushik : 5th October 2015 at 22:15.
koushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 22:41   #287

Just a curious question. The car is going to be sold through NEXA and If it comes with a 75hp tune will MS name it as DDIS190?
Old 5th October 2015, 22:47   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A good friend drops this info (thanks a ton man!) from an internal training courtesy NEXA:
Great Info! Thanks a lot.

I see many positives and few compromises across the variants.
Swift is still selling well. With the same or better mechanicals even if they don't provide powerful engines this car will sell well. But I agree with most of the bhp'ians here, Maruti has (un?)consciously chosen to disappoint auto enthusiasts by not providing spirited engine options. But for rest of the public the choice seems very colorful if priced right. For example:- Ciaz still drives pretty well due to its low kerb weight, who knows Baleno might outdo Swift with the same engine.

Few good things I am seeing is :

- Safety across the board
- Delta has everything one wants without the Alloys (This might be a blessing indeed, given the choice of alloys Maruti is making recently)
- Decent segregation of the most wanted features.
- Ultra cosmetics moved to the top most variant.

Few things that could be changed are (But can live without):

- Height adjustable seats should have been available in Delta too.
- Telescoping steering should not really be a premium feature and should be there in Delta at least.
Old 5th October 2015, 22:55   #289
Senior - BHPian

If its 75 bhp in the Diesel version, I am out of the equation for buying this. A 75 bhp hatchback which is launched to compete against an 89 bhp I20 just won't cut it. Yes its lighter than the Swift by some kilos but that still does not matter because its a premium hatchback and with all that show, it needs a fast 'go' too.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 23:34   #290
BHPian

MSIL in their never ending quest for breaking and setting new records for FE, they seem to be tuning down the power in their mills. If the info posted were to be true, it will be a huge disappointment as Baleno is being pitted as a premium vehicle against the likes of i20, Jazz, new Figo and Polo. I don't believe people looking for a premium hatch will be too concerned about FE (as long as it is reasonable), so a higher state of tune (89 bhp similar to Ciaz, etc) will be ideal for this one. Hope the final released version has a better power output.
Old 6th October 2015, 08:19   #291
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Syam Kishore for sharing! The Baleno is now listed on the Nexa website.

http://www.nexaexperience.com/baleno.html
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 09:16   #292
BHPian

We were discussing features like Cruise Control (someone even mentioned adaptive cruise control), paddle shifters etc. What happened to those? Heck, there is no mention of even curtain airbags in the Alpha variant!!

I still don't understand what's premium about this car which would justify the Nexa positioning and the subsequent premium pricing .
y2ksrs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 09:21   #293
BHPian

I hope Maruti do not give us the Baleno with 75 PS spec because it would be a shame.

To get the tag "premium", just adequate is not enough; one needs to feel the wow factor as well and that needs to be felt in the interiors, exteriors, engine and everything!

When is Maruti going to develop its own Diesel engine? I think we've all had enough of this 1.3L Fiat engine in all their cars. it is a decent engine, but that "wow" factor is missing.

But I like one thing about the Baleno; Extra width. To seat 3 people comfortably, the width of 1695 mm in the Dzire (and other cars in the segment) is not enough. Even a few extra centimetres go a long way in alleviating the congestion.

Last edited by nivatakavacha : 6th October 2015 at 09:25. Reason: extra line
Old 6th October 2015, 09:55   #294
BHPian

There is an article on ACI giving details on variants and engine. The diesel shall indeed be the 75 ps FGT unit.

I think this is a bummer from MSIL. Even though power to weight ratio may be good but it simply feels like a downgrade compared to rivals.

We had taken a conscious decision to downsize from our big cars to premium hatches. I was so looking forward to this, as I recently bought a Grand i10 for wife and was looking at slightly larger hatch for my daily use. This now looks to be out of the equation.
Old 6th October 2015, 10:21   #295
Senior - BHPian

Putting a better engine and rear disk brakes would have really made it a 'premium' hatchback. However, MSIL marketing guys would have suggested lower specs as this might also sell well like Ciaz.

Maruti guys themselves can not digest a premium tag after giving us successful mass market cars for years. I must now look at other brands to go premium after being a loyal Maruti customer for more than 15 years as they have not shown any sincere effort to provide better cars.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 10:45   #296
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to MSIL for keeping ABS, EBD & Airbags standard across the variants.

But DDiS 1.3 FGT is sad news. I was so hoping to see the VGT in this or even the 1.6. Hope those will debut later once the Baleno is established here.

Looks like MSIL wants to play it safe with the Baleno and undercut the established heavyweights, the i20 and the Jazz. The latter is a hit over here. I spot many new ones every other day.
Old 6th October 2015, 10:49   #297
BHPian

Well definitely a decent offering from Maruti, but I don't understand why Automatics don't come in top end versions . Across board all manufacturers are adopting this practice. I can bet that people who are going for Automatic wouldn't mind paying additional money for better features.
Old 6th October 2015, 10:57   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki dealers at Nexa has started accepting bookings ( at select dealers)for the Baleno with deliveries being promised by the end of the month by some dealerships.

Quote:
The Baleno will come with two engine options:
1.2-litre 84ps petrol (Manual and CVT gearbox option).
1.3-litre 75ps diesel(Manual gearbox only).

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20151006093722_baz.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-397885.aspx/0

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th October 2015 at 11:00.
Old 6th October 2015, 11:09   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

The way I see it, i20 will keep selling more, looks can be subjective but to me i20 looks much more nice. Wish Hyundai launched an AT version as well.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 11:16   #300
BHPian

I read in an article today that the Baleno would come with the mild-hybrid SHVS Technology. That I guess would get diesel variant possibly the most fuel efficient tag. Can anyone confirm.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks