Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2005, 12:00   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I think the cops can also catch you because your car is registered as a stock car with the RTO, and they don't give permission to make mods that will change any of the specs. Can anyone clarify this?
They cant because they can charge you only if the specs mentioned in the RC book are changed...like colour, engine and chassis numbers, cc (fat chance of detecting that), fuel type....

Ananth
Old 1st September 2005, 12:33   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

ya anant is right as ur exhaust system is not mentioned in the rc book there is nothing much the rto guys can do about it..and the cops cant book us under this being illegal..
Old 2nd September 2005, 11:20   #108
BANNED

Thanks guys, that's what I wanted to hear!
Old 10th September 2005, 21:18   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp
Hi,

It's been 3 weeks since I got an AutoMech free flow system fitted to my car and looks like I've got the initial teething problems ironed out. Here's my initial report....

DRIVING IMPRESSION
I feel a small increase in low end torque and hence more responsiveness from the car at low speeds. Pollution levels are at around 0.25%. Top speeds seems to have increased too judging from the fact that I am able to go upto 80kph in 2nd gear..up from around 60 kph before the engine started screaming for mercy:-D.
The sound is just glorious especially in lower gears..i have developed the habit of switching off my stereo every now and then... ...the only glitch has been a careless dealer forgetting to repalce one of the manifold nuts after service causing an exhaust leak and ruining the free flow effect for one whole week...well the kind of things they do to your baby at "paid service"!!...they seem to think that giving the car a good wash is all there is to it!!..problems fixed now and the sound is mellowed a bit now...guess it is the effect of a retuned engine.

A word in for Automech..simply great support and clarifications. :-)

Drive on,
Shibu.
would like 2 c ur car one day
Old 17th September 2005, 20:29   #110
BHPian

Today morning, i went to Automech,i met Vivek & Ajay they were really informative and since my requirement was for a subtle sound not too noisy as the cops would hassle me, they recomeneded that i just change my headers & the expansion chamber. The entire job took around 3 hours. The difference in power is simply mindblowing.
These guys dont give you any sales pitch, their work speaks for itself.
A freeflow Rocks....
Old 17th September 2005, 20:48   #111
BANNED

how much did they charge u...and hwat about the cops....have u been caught ever???
Old 17th September 2005, 21:41   #112
Senior - BHPian

hey ajalphonso which car did you get the setup for ?? and how much did it cost you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
and hwat about the cops....have u been caught ever???
he just got it done today and your asking if hes got caught already ??

Rev
Old 17th September 2005, 22:03   #113
BANNED

no i wanted to know if he saw any cop around while he was driving and if the cop tried to stop him or nah..
Old 19th September 2005, 10:53   #114
BANNED

@ ajalphonso: What other options did they have besides the headers and chamber?
Old 19th September 2005, 14:37   #115
BHPian

Technically illegal..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
ya anant is right as ur exhaust system is not mentioned in the rc book there is nothing much the rto guys can do about it..and the cops cant book us under this being illegal..

Hmmm, Maybe your exhaust aint listed in the RC book but it is still illegal to dump your Caltalytic converter for a freeflow........!!!
Old 19th September 2005, 14:44   #116
BANNED

where can we buy this rc book???
day before these two cops caught me ...for nothing...i got down...theyre shaking hands and stuff whenever im going on asking why have youll caught me...he said tints...and they were rto approved tints..i started shouting they are rto approved and he was just going on saying court mein bolna...then he asked me about my deck...saw my deck...and again said ...this deck is not allowed....i started shouting that its a company deck..(its not but these guys would obviously believe) but then he was like "company toh bechne ke liye kuch bhi dega.." and all the time whatever im saying ..he was like court mein aake bolna...license "ZAPT karenge" and stuff...imagine what they'd do if i would even have a freeflow...hehehe...
Old 19th September 2005, 14:52   #117
BHPian

Dude rc book is your "registration certificate" issued by RTO. Earlier it used to be a small book now its a printed sheet.
Old 19th September 2005, 14:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

you get your rc book along with your car its called registration certificate if im not mistaken.

knowing your underaged cops try and pull all these tricks to make a fast buck.used to happen very often to a friend of mine.they used to catch him and then say lane cutting , rash driving , blah blah blah.they used to just take advantage of the fact that hes not 18 and will finally end up paying them to avoid going to the police station or court.he just stopped driving until he turned 18 and its better if you do to or they will continue to hassel you and make you pay them

rev

Last edited by revtech : 19th September 2005 at 14:57.
Old 19th September 2005, 14:55   #119
BANNED

the cop showed me the book and asked me to go buy it...asked him where can i buy it..said go ask your pop
Old 19th September 2005, 14:59   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
the cop showed me the book and asked me to go buy it...asked him where can i buy it..said go ask your pop

hahah that really cracked me up. the book he showed you cannot be bought anywhere it supposed to be a rule book of some sort with the fines for each offence.but they never open it in front of you so you cant really tell whats inside.only cops have that book.

rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks