Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 14:58   #421
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Anyone knows how many years/kms of warranty is offered for the diesel engine?
And the service interval?
Old 11th May 2011, 15:08   #422
Senior - BHPian

Petrol 1.4 & Diesel 1.4 price difference is 1.1 Lacs in ex showroom price. SO it will translate into almost 1.3-1.5 Lacs more in on road prices. Is it not too much? I guess Hyundai knows that people will buy Diesel more due to petrol prices, so they want to make more money in that by charging extra. The difference between petrol & diesel should be less IMO. What say guys?
Old 11th May 2011, 15:16   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Why the heck coundn't Hyundai keep the SX (O) manual diesel under 10L? We could have saved some on the road tax here in Bangalore. Just because of 4K we will end up spending 30K more I think.
Is that for Bangalore alone? How about other states?
Old 11th May 2011, 15:27   #424
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
When I took the TD of Linea Tjet last week, the sales rep told me the 1.6MJD would be out sometime in july, at least that's what they have been told
Tumhare muh mein ghee shakkar! I really hope this info is correct, as my contact from FIAT showroom mentioned "1.6.MJD is at least a year away". (EDIT: By the way this info is almost a month older)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
+1 Now Vento TDi is looking more VFM. Moreover it is a breeze to drive within city. HMIL is going to harp on features which is what the general public care for. I am in no hurry & for sure going to wait till Fiesta 1.6 TDCi & Linea 1.6 MJD hits the market
Same with me dude. I'm kind of desperate to own a car now, but it would definitely make more sense to wait for 1.6 Fiesta and Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
Vento TDI HL's price seems to be about 7K less than Verna1.6 SX. Extras in Verna (over Vento) are automatic folding mirrors, 1" bigger alloys, BT/steering controls, auto door locking based on speeds, and Reverse sensors w/ camera
Extras in Vento are Steering wheel rake adjustment, rear AC vents, Passenger seat adjustment from rear and better driver seat height adjustment (?).

Overall, the prices of Verna and Vento look very much similar to me (with that 7K difference and a little more, once can get the parking sensors done and install a camera post-market in Vento).
Add virtually zero turbo lag, handling and ride quality to the Vento's list and then try comparing (of course we also need to add A.S.S. and no waiting period to the Verna's list)!

Last edited by xPK : 11th May 2011 at 15:28.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:28   #425
Senior - BHPian

If I were in the market looking for a car in this segment, I would buy the Verna for its more appealing look (personal opinion),more powerful enginea and features. But if the Fiesta manages to undercut the Verna by 25k or more, i would definitely not think about the Verna as I can fit all those fancy features as after-market accessories, to my taste, but would never get Fiesta fun from the Verna
Old 11th May 2011, 15:30   #426
BHPian

this is high price in all models. huyndai management have not learnt from honda's jazz debacle. i will inform you about on road pricing in gujarat. ford people must be happy and may think of success like figo.....
Old 11th May 2011, 15:34   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Same with me dude. I'm kind of desperate to own a car now, but it would definitely make more sense to wait for 1.6 Fiesta and Linea.
Hey xPK, you are still looking for a car? What happened to the Scorpio? Didn't the price of previous years model which was on sale worked for you ?
Or dropped the idea of Scropio totally?
Old 11th May 2011, 15:47   #428
BHPian

I think the pricing for the Verna is par for the course, especially after seeing the OTR price for SX4 diesel in B'lore which works out to 11.1X Lakhs!!! We are now getting used to manufacturers trying to extract their extra pound of flesh from the consumer (read overpricing) so there is nothing to complain about. But I am not sure how much premium we should attach to that powerful diesel engine which is housed in a super market trolley chasis (exaggerating, I know). It will only make the driver nervous and passengers to throw up when even a slight curve is taken at high speeds (I have experienced in my erstwhile Petrol Elantra) which means in real world conditions it is good for cruising at 90-100 kph.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:54   #429
BHPian

I for one am disappointed that the A/T version is only on the top end version why??, this makes the top end CRDI close to 12.75 in Karnataka . I was hoping Hyundai would offer the A/T on the lower end variants.

Now looking forward to the Fiesta and their pricing, hopefully will follow the Figo (aggressive)
Old 11th May 2011, 15:55   #430
BHPian

Has Hyundai launched the website where we can see the detailed features and specs across the variants? And ofcourse, the city specific costs?
Old 11th May 2011, 16:01   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
Vento TDI HL's price seems to be about 7K less than Verna1.6 SX. Extras in Verna (over Vento) are automatic folding mirrors, 1" bigger alloys, BT/steering controls, auto door locking based on speeds, and Reverse sensors w/ camera
Extras in Vento are Steering wheel rake adjustment, rear AC vents, Passenger seat adjustment from rear and better driver seat height adjustment (?).

It's not clear if the following Vento HL features are available in Verna 1.6SX:
MID (average/instant mileage, temperature, speed limit, etc.), gear shift indicator and leather wrapped steering/gear knob/brake lever.

Overall, the prices of Verna and Vento look very much similar to me (with that 7K difference and a little more, once can get the parking sensors done and install a camera post-market in Vento).
Guess its all wheel disk brake with SX, whereas its only at 2 wheels with VENTO

A.S.S is going to be one key differentiator here.

As xPK pointed out delivery time frame could be an advantage with Hyudnai. Walked in to the hyundai local showroom & was told delivery can be made within 3 weeks .

Edit: I sat at rear seat of HV rB....poor thigh support. I like the looks of VW a lot than Verna. Somehow the rear looks like Gen-2 Honda City (NHC), which does not impress me a lot

Last edited by Surprise : 11th May 2011 at 16:21.
Old 11th May 2011, 16:02   #432
BHPian

New Verna Launch Event (Delhi) pics
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-dsc_0136.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-dsc_0141.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-dsc_0144.jpg  

Old 11th May 2011, 16:03   #433
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hey xPK, you are still looking for a car? What happened to the Scorpio? Didn't the price of previous years model which was on sale worked for you ?
Or dropped the idea of Scropio totally?
Yup I'm still looking. I have not dropped Scorpio completely. But I guess you can pretty much say that. And about those stock clearance offers, there were only AT VLX 4x4 vehicles, where I was keen on manual 4x4.
Life isn't fair sometimes!

Last edited by xPK : 11th May 2011 at 16:08.
Old 11th May 2011, 16:17   #434
Senior - BHPian

Could anyone lay hands on the brochure? Have been trying to search on Google but in vain. I am sure it is only here on TBHP I can get the brochure first, but when?
Old 11th May 2011, 16:18   #435
BHPian

Got a call from advaith hyundai. It seems OTR cost for 1.4 petrol is 8.57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks