Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 15:57   #2506
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
I think, some people are working overtime to discredit Ecosport. Somebody had reported that some Renault showrooms were showing pictures of toppled Ecosports in the TVs placed there.
I had once paid a visit to Renault showroom to check out the duster before the Ecosport was launched. The response was luke warm at best.
One person was kind enough to be around to show me the car.
When I asked for a Test drive, he gave me a look as if though I had asked for the moon. The next sentence from his mouth was "When are you making the booking sir?"

I politely told him that I need to take a test drive before I even take a pen, leave aside the checque book.

One month passed and there was no news/ call from them about the availability of the vehicle for a TD. And then Ecosport was launched.

Promptly, after two days, I get a call asking me "Sir, the TD vehicle is ready. When are you coming?" Already pissed off with their attitude, I just waved it off saying that "I have already booked the Ecosport (though i don't even have the intention of buying it)".

Then started the rant:
"Sir, the Ecosport doesnt have stability. There is no point in buying a car which is not stable for comfortable drive"
"Sir, the Ecosport has a long waiting period"
"Sir, the Ecosport doesnt handle as well as the duster"
"Sir, the Ecosport have electrical issues"
and what not!!!

Marketing is okay. But adverse marketing?
I do have my reservations on it
dhanushmenon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 15:58   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Somebody in the forum has claimed to know the person who was taking the test drive. But after repeated requests to provide details, the person seems to have disappeared.

I think, some people are working overtime to discredit Ecosport. Somebody had reported that some Renault showrooms were showing pictures of toppled Ecosports in the TVs placed there.
@ecosport: I totally agree, it seems as if people are trying hard to show the EcoSport in low light which is absolutely not the case. We are the first we owners of this wonderful car and the least I can urge people is to not believe such unauthentic facts or news reports.

At times someone claims this happened in Gujarat, then someone says Kerala, it is all non-conclusive without having the true facts in place. I too think some groups are planning to malign the image of this great car!

Last edited by xuv2390 : 11th July 2013 at 16:09. Reason: Sentence Correction
Old 11th July 2013, 16:05   #2508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
We are the first few owners of the wonderful car...
slightly OT: Where's your ownership review??
Old 11th July 2013, 16:10   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
slightly OT: Where's your ownership review??
@ dhanushmenon: I will try my best to post my ownership review this weekend!
xuv2390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 16:41   #2510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I had once paid a visit to Renault showroom to check out the duster before the Ecosport was launched. The response was luke warm at best.
One person was kind enough to be around to show me the car.
When I asked for a Test drive, he gave me a look as if though I had asked for the moon. The next sentence from his mouth was "When are you making the booking sir?"

I politely told him that I need to take a test drive before I even take a pen, leave aside the checque book.

One month passed and there was no news/ call from them about the availability of the vehicle for a TD. And then Ecosport was launched.

Promptly, after two days, I get a call asking me "Sir, the TD vehicle is ready. When are you coming?" Already pissed off with their attitude, I just waved it off saying that "I have already booked the Ecosport (though i don't even have the intention of buying it)".

Then started the rant:
"Sir, the Ecosport doesnt have stability. There is no point in buying a car which is not stable for comfortable drive"
"Sir, the Ecosport has a long waiting period"
"Sir, the Ecosport doesnt handle as well as the duster"
"Sir, the Ecosport have electrical issues"
and what not!!!

Marketing is okay. But adverse marketing?
I do have my reservations on it
I'm not surprised by what you posted. Over the last 2 weeks, when i took random peeks into the Duster official review thread, I continued to see bad experiences at Renault dealers. You should check the plight of this member, who has spent probably 13+L on a car sold by Renault and the way they've treated him is absolutely wrong- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3165525

Renault deserves whatever sales loss they are experiencing because of EcoSport (don't think they will lose sales due to Amaze much). Already the Duster doesn't give back much for the money they charge and on top of that, this is how they treat their prospects and customers who've paid top money for one of their product.

You should have also verbally slapped that sales guy back stating the EcoSport has long waiting period for delivery, correct. His Duster has over a month's waiting just for TD. Probably teased him asking if they built one for your TD request. The arrogance that these dealerships have (not just Renault) is unparallelled and all of them need to be brought to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
@ dhanushmenon: I will try my best to post my ownership review this weekend!
Sir, you must and please post pics. Kindly try to also cover feedback on features generic to all engine variants (ergonomics, comfort, handling, etc), with whatever driving you'll be able to cover after your registration formality is completed. Shukriya!

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 16:46.
Old 11th July 2013, 17:44   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Somebody in the forum has claimed to know the person who was taking the test drive. But after repeated requests to provide details, the person seems to have disappeared..
No EcoSport, I am still here. I am the one who talked to the guy who was in the TD vehicle when it toppled. He says it toppled, he is not interested in automobiles, he happened to visit showroom with his friend and ended up in TD vehicle. He says it toppled, and I don't find any reason for him to discourage eco-sport. He is just a regular guy who rides a hero-honda splendour.

All the car that I have owned is FORD , I know how it GLUES to road, and how it takes corners.. I know if its a FORD car, then its best for its drivability and dynamics.

Ecosport case,I still know its a great car, its dynamics is super great, it suspension is stiff enough, from T-BHP review. I still believe it toppled @ perumbavoor and Ford managed to cover-it up.. this is what I believes.

A car being toppled do not mean that its bad in dynamics, all it means is that the car got toppled. May be driver is responsible, may be the terrain is responsible, maybe the banking of road is responsible. There are n number of parameters that contributes to a toppled vehicle, and no one can actually find out what went wrong, unless they are in "topple" test scenario, with computers reading the n number of parameters..
limited-edition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 17:56   #2512
catchvinny

I visited Metro Ford on St.Marks road here today for getting a minor repair done for my IKON TDCI. While I was waiting for the job being done, I enquired about the current approx. waiting period for the ecoboost variant, to which he replied a period of 1 year! . I did not even bother to TD the vehicle. I was given the same answer before the launch when the vehicles where up for display in showrooms. I enquired again today only to check if there would be any changes after the initial dust has settled down.

For me, who had been closely following ecosport and more so specifically for the ecoboost engine, 1 year is one customer lost for their flagship product as of now. Now I have put my decisions of new vehicle on hold untill something more appealing comes in and is easily available as well.

T-bhpians here, can you please let me know if its the same case of 1 year for ecoboost variants across dealers? or more so that I am getting this only from Metro Ford?

P.S: The executive stated numbers of 200 units per month per dealer from the plant. I did not ask on further details on those 200 units.

Old 11th July 2013, 17:56   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
No EcoSport, I am still here. I am the one who talked to the guy who was in the TD vehicle when it toppled. He says it toppled, he is not interested in automobiles, he happened to visit showroom with his friend and ended up in TD vehicle. He says it toppled, and I don't find any reason for him to discourage eco-sport. He is just a regular guy who rides a hero-honda splendour.
Nice that you are still around. Since you were not interested in sharing further details, the assumption was that you have disappeared. I hope you know how these rumours are. It is always a friend who has seen it, and sometimes a friend's friend. Yes, it is not always that the car is at fault. That is why we would like to have the details. As to whether the driver was speeding? Whether he hit a median? Or took a fast corner. You need not be an expert to know that. In this case, I think your friend was rattled himself that he don't want to recollect what happened. We will leave it at that. But since we don't have the details let us keep the count of toppled Ecosports at 2.
Old 11th July 2013, 18:18   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchvinny View Post
I visited Metro Ford on St.Marks road here today for getting a minor repair done for my IKON TDCI. While I was waiting for the job being done, I enquired about the current approx. waiting period for the ecoboost variant, to which he replied a period of 1 year! . For me, who had been closely following ecosport and more so specifically for the ecoboost engine, 1 year is one customer lost for their flagship product as of now. Now I have put my decisions of new vehicle on hold untill something more appealing comes in and is easily available as well.
I had a lady from Lathangi Ford call me and she told me I'd have to wait about 9 months for an EcoBoost Titanium (O) variant, any color. She said she wouldn't know if it would be quicker but that it will take approximately that much time. What seemed a 'bit' genuine to me was that she also mentioned there is no profit or benefit for them by making a customer wait longer instead of selling more cars sooner. But can't really judge with a single statement.

In my vague opinion, it might not really take 1 year. Waiting period on EcoBoost in particular, could also be related to importing of the engine from Germany. Also, it might be a tactic to push customers to choose the probably more profitable diesel variant(s). Who knows!

All I know is even with this price and waiting situation, other smart manufacturers in the same price bracket and dealers are still going to be able to pull away waiting customers and Ford will be the one paying the price for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post

Ecosport case,I still know its a great car, its dynamics is super great, it suspension is stiff enough, from T-BHP review. I still believe it toppled @ perumbavoor and Ford managed to cover-it up.. this is what I believes.
I agree to most of what you're stating and about toppling factors too. But the photos of the TD EcoSport that toppled is just the same as the one that happened in Gujarat. Same style of topple, same damages, same airbags deployed and even same crowd around the toppled vehicle. This is why the claimed Kerala topple incident seems a fake story/rumour. The pictures of the Gujarat topple incident came out first.

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 18:27. Reason: Adding a response to limited-edition.
Old 11th July 2013, 19:25   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchvinny View Post
I visited Metro Ford on St.Marks road here today for getting a minor repair done for my IKON TDCI. While I was waiting for the job being done, I enquired about the current approx. waiting period for the ecoboost variant, to which he replied a period of 1 year! .
Let us be a bit more fair to the dealers. Honestly, it is a bit too early to predict the waiting period. This is a car which people have waited for over a year. There are many, including me, who had put off their car purchases and was waiting for this car. So until the demand stabilizes nobody would be able to accurately predict the waiting period.

Now, some mighty argue that they should simply say "don't know" than spurting out these insane numbers, but I feel, an average customer always feel more satisfied with a wild guess than a no answer.

It is up to us to make our own informed guesses and just laugh away the numbers given by the dealers. My wait for a copy continues...
Old 11th July 2013, 19:26   #2516

I had booked for the ES-base version (Ambiente Diesel) 3 weeks before the launch date, and yet to get alloted a vehicle, the showroom (Lathangi Ford, J.P.Nagar in Blore) are telling me that they have not yet received a single base verison model till now from ford guys, anyone facing same problem in other parts of country?
I remember the launch time of Honda Brio - where the base version was just on papers and i have no idea whether they got the base versions or they were forced to upgrade to other variants. Will a mail to ford help?

I feel ford is least bothered as they are having plenty of orders of Titanium and Trend variants.

People who have booked trend at the launch date (3 weeks later in reference to my advance booking) are having the vehicles in their place :(
Ford - I am not happy with this
Old 11th July 2013, 19:50   #2517
BHPian

FORD TO RECALL DIESEL ECOSPORT

http://overdrive.in/news/ford-india-...odule-problem/
vineetg84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 20:10   #2518
BHPian

It is an unprecedented incident I think. After a long wait for 18 Months EcoSport launched in India and three weeks later a recall. Anyways recall is an intelligent step but it will surely create doubts among prospective buyers. I think this could be reason behind, Ford's decision to stop accepting booking of EcoSport diesel recently.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 21:31   #2519
Senior - BHPian

So what's a glow plug module and where is it located today? Any clues?
Old 11th July 2013, 22:15   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
So what's a glow plug module and where is it located today? Any clues?
From Wikipedia

A glowplug (alternatively spelled as glow plug or glow-plug) is a heating device used to aid starting diesel engines. The glow plug is a pencil-shaped piece of metal with a heating element at the tip. This heating element, when electrified, heats due to its electrical resistance and begins to emit light in the visible spectrum, hence the term "glow" plug. The effect is very similar to that of a toaster. Heat generated by the glowplugs is directed into the cylinders, and serves to warm the engine block immediately surrounding the cylinders. This aids in reducing the amount of thermal diffusion which will occur when the engine attempts to start.

The statement from Ford said that the glow plug module was susceptible to moisture and hence needed to be relocated. Looks like the months of testing didn't find this issue.

On another note, I'd personally recommend waiting for the inevitable niggles to be sorted out before rushing out to buy a car. It's a mechanical product and made on the assembly line, it does throw up problems that the test cars that are usually hand-built don't.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks