Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2015, 00:43   #8506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
I drove out of the service station, a happy and satisfied customer
Great to hear that you did not have to pay a penny for the part replacement. With my experience so far with Ford, they are liberal with warranty claims and rapid action is taken if you send a mail to the customer care.

Such experience make or break a customer.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 14:26   #8507
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Just got my car back from 20K service.

Almost all my concerns and issue shave been sorted by Kairali Ford - Cheranellore (Cochin).
Few things still left without satisfactory explanations are

1. The deep/light clutch. I literally have to dig by foot deep in for a comfortable gear change and I am used to it now. Feel the difference only when I drive other cars. SA said thats how ecosport is. Does all your ecosport work the same way.

2. Infotainment : Ford Infotainment which started misbehaving a few months back is now not letting my ipod play tracks properly. Somehow feels like playing a scratched CD. Same with the USB. Radio is fine.

Can any bhp-ians advice/help/comment on these issues.
Old 16th January 2015, 16:10   #8508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
1. The deep/light clutch. I literally have to dig by foot deep in for a comfortable gear change and I am used to it now. Feel the difference only when I drive other cars. SA said thats how ecosport is. Does all your ecosport work the same way.
I have observed the same behaviour in my EcoSport, and this made me slightly change my position to ensure I was fully and correctly depressing the clutch pedal. I've gotten used to this, but it is something that other owners need to be cautious of, if they lend their vehicles to others, or have them driven by drivers (I don't let anyone else drive my EcoSport ).

I'm not sure if there's any adjustment that could change the clutch activation point, without also reducing the free-play, and I've not checked with the SA during my 10k service.

I'm replicating the quote from my ownership review. Note that the links show the tachometer for an EcoBoost, so if you have a 1.5P or 1.5D, the idling RPM would differ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
[/list][*]Pro-tip: If your gear shifts feel notchy/stiff, check if you've not pressing the clutch fully. [*]If you've pressed the clutch while idling, and your tacho runs a little over 1000 rpm, you've probably not pressed the clutch fully.
Attachment 1135076[*]Pressing it correctly and fully (or shifting to neutral) will get you idling at a steady 1000 rpm.
Attachment 1135075[*]I've not faced the problem that some experienced, where their left toe touches the steering rod. [/list]
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 16:42   #8509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I have observed the same behaviour in my EcoSport, and this made me slightly change my position to ensure I was fully and correctly depressing the clutch pedal. I've gotten used to this, but it is something that other owners need to be cautious of, if they lend their vehicles to others, or have them driven by drivers (I don't let anyone else drive my EcoSport ).

I'm not sure if there's any adjustment that could change the clutch activation point, without also reducing the free-play, and I've not checked with the SA during my 10k service.

I'm replicating the quote from my ownership review. Note that the links show the tachometer for an EcoBoost, so if you have a 1.5P or 1.5D, the idling RPM would differ.
Thanks for this @arunphilip. I will try this on my 1.5D. Have completed 21K now, and no one yet has been able to help here.

On your ownership review you had mentioned on updating SYNC. How does that work ?
Is it some sort of new version, with bugs resolved? Which is the latest version?
Old 17th January 2015, 22:44   #8510
BHPian

i am considering a cold air intake kit for my 1.5P, any suggestions?
Old 17th January 2015, 23:14   #8511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Just got my car back from 20K service.
Almost all my concerns and issue shave been sorted by Kairali Ford - Cheranellore (Cochin).
First, I am surprised at that statement.
What was the total bill amount for the 20K service/
Old 19th January 2015, 16:07   #8512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
First, I am surprised at that statement.
What was the total bill amount for the 20K service/
5200. Including Wheel balancing and alignment.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 09:53   #8513
Team-BHP Support

Just finished my 10K service for the Ecosport.

Apart from oil change and regular service they did the following:

1. TSB for oil pressure low during cold start false warning
2. TSB for AC sometimes (once in a month) doesn't cool. It starts cooling again when you restart the car.
3. Recall for airbag wiring. The airbag control module is in the centre console near the gear shifter. They swap some wiring there.
4. TSB for boot requiring a lot of force to close. Some alignment of boot door done.

Post service the car seems a lot smoother. Refinement has gone up, revs easier and I'm sure FE is up as well.

What I also noticed is that after the TSB the AC recirculation now stays ON unlike before where I used to have to turn on recirc everytime or press the recirc to turn the ac on every morning.

The total bill was Rs.1,987 including oil and oil filter.

Post the service on Saturday I just returned from a 700kms short trip to Chennai. Loved the drive on the highway and so did Suhaas who was with me and drove for a couple of hours.

Will post the FE figures in a couple of hours after filling up the tank today.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 13:13   #8514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Will post the FE figures in a couple of hours after filling up the tank today.
Update on the FE. I did 698kms with 41.95 litres = 16.63kmpl. The trip computer shows me 15.9kmpl which is surprising as I expected it to show more on the MID.

FE is a little disappointing as I don't think we ever crossed 120kmph and were mostly between 80-110. We did spend close to an hour at the toll booths which had 1kms long jams and then monday morning Chennai traffic.

I attribute the FE to that wide gaping mouth in the front. I'm sure aerodynamically it's a disaster and will eat up fuel.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 14:35   #8515
BHPian

Which is the best selling color in ecosport? Sea grey looks elegant. Are there any statistics about the same?
Old 20th January 2015, 15:48   #8516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I attribute the FE to that wide gaping mouth in the front. I'm sure aerodynamically it's a disaster and will eat up fuel.
And thermodynamically, that gaping mouth is not letting the engine coolant temperature get above 86 C.

On a highway drive, it is 79-81 C and in urban drives, it is 84-86 C for me. Not sure of the benefits of this.

On the Polo 1.5 tdi of my co-brothers, it is always 90 C +.

(courtesy, ELM327).
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 18:33   #8517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on the FE. I did 698kms with 41.95 litres = 16.63kmpl. The trip computer shows me 15.9kmpl which is surprising as I expected it to show more on the MID.

FE is a little disappointing as I don't think we ever crossed 120kmph and were mostly between 80-110. We did spend close to an hour at the toll booths which had 1kms long jams and then monday morning Chennai traffic.

I had my trip to Chennai sometime back and i remember my TDCi returning somehwere 19kmpl. I wasnt pushing much and was coasting/cruising at 80-90km/hr 90% of the time. Also we were just 2 people onboard.
Couple things seriously affect Ecosport FE which i noticed:
1.Too much traffic say long queue in toll booth,city limits in highway like Mandya in mysore highway etc.
2.Steep Uphill or ghat driving. Two weeks back came to Bangalore via Coorg from Mangalore with 4 people and decent luggage onboard and FE was 15-16kmpl.
3. If the car is more in lower end 3 digit zone say 100-110, MID hovers anywhere between 16-17. Beyond that it toggles between 14-15. If one can ensure 70-90 and not much ghat/steep road to do i have seen MID go upto 21-23.
P.S: To extract amazing FE and to have lots of fun while driving TDCi, switch off the NOS(i mean the AC ) button.
Old 20th January 2015, 23:13   #8518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess its not to do with the gaping mouth alone. The 2014 Fiesta is fuel efficient on the highway with the same mouth.

I think its because of the weight and the aerodynamic drag. The EcoSport is technically a heavy hatchback sitting very tall and we all know hatchbacks have a lot of drag when the speeds are higher.

The Fiesta in comparison is much more slippery through the air due to its boot. Also, it sits much low compared to EcoSport and about 100 kilos lighter.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 10:59   #8519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
Which is the best selling color in ecosport? Sea grey looks elegant. Are there any statistics about the same?
My impression (from what I see locally) is that Silver, Grey and White are the most common (on the road). Blue & Chill are probably the rarest.

Just finished my first service at 2500 kms.
In response to my query, the service adviser mentioned that wheel balancing etc need only be done at 10000 kms and not at 5000 kms which was my impression. Any thoughts on this?
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 11:10   #8520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
My impression (from what I see locally) is that Silver, Grey and White are the most common (on the road). Blue & Chill are probably the rarest.

Just finished my first service at 2500 kms.
In response to my query, the service adviser mentioned that wheel balancing etc need only be done at 10000 kms and not at 5000 kms which was my impression. Any thoughts on this?
Alignment every 5k kms and balancing every 10k kms. This is what I follow and is recommended. Also, I suggest you not to do this at the service station. Go to a reputed alignment center.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks