Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2016, 10:51   #361
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The touchscreen ones dont last very long. The software develops glitches and packs up very soon, maybe because of the rugged requirements. I carry a high power BT player whenever I travel in India, meets my full requirements. Attaching a pic.

Quote; Are the modern touchscreen HUs glitch free over 3, 4, 5 years? Or do they hang up, crash or slow down like a smartphone's touchscreen?
You cannot generalize "touchscreen ones dont last very long". Else every manufacturer that is doing OEM touch screen or aftermarket would end up in recalls. Software cannot "develop glitches", either the glitch / bug has to be there or it is not there, since its not a daily compiling / update scenario.

Rugged requirements have nothing to do with the software at all. It has more to do with the durability and IP rating / MIL rating of the product.

BT players / speakers cannot remotely give you the acoustics or sound quality of a Car audio system, even if you use a BT speaker/player like Bose or B&O etc. Panasonic audio is way down.

Moreover, the BT player you are suggesting will not give you:
- Navigation which is essential in a Car
- Reverse Camera
- Steering Controls
- CANBus Integration
- Video Player

The real issue is here:

1. Cheap Chinese touch-screen AVN will give you all sorts of problems and that is true with any product / device.

2. Getting an Android device from a reputed manufacturer ensures that even if there are bugs ( a few are there in any system including OEM / WinCE or custom). These bugs are regularly removed and updated. Just like Samsung / Apple etc. in the smart phone world.

3. The universal saying - If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it also applies with DIY folks. . Junking the system with a whole lot of unreliable "apps" that ask for all sorts of permissions and then complaining the system / phone is slow is a standard problem with most users.
-xplora- is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 11:09   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptiwa View Post
Nobody is fooling anyone or forcing you to part with your money.
The very fact that people are disappointed about this offering from Honda shows that the Honda brand has an image and perception different from many others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
But saying that, I doubt Honda is trying to fool anyone. All the features are clearly mentioned and it is up to the customer to decide.
Apologies if i have offended some one. All I wanted to convey was that given the opportunity they could have come up with a new vehicle from scratch rather than borrow parts from their other vehicles. The SA in the showroom feels that its doomed to fail. I too am a Honda customer. I own a Honda Amaze idtec VX 2015 Sept model for I paid 9.3L on road. The dealership from where i bought this car has now quoted 6.5L max. Pardon me, Honda is sure to loose its brand value with vehicles like these. Just wishing the sales numbers to prove me wrong.
arunmichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 13:07   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
Apologies if i have offended some one. All I wanted to convey was that given the opportunity they could have come up with a new vehicle from scratch rather than borrow parts from their other vehicles. The SA in the showroom feels that its doomed to fail. I too am a Honda customer. I own a Honda Amaze idtec VX 2015 Sept model for I paid 9.3L on road. The dealership from where i bought this car has now quoted 6.5L max. Pardon me, Honda is sure to loose its brand value with vehicles like these. Just wishing the sales numbers to prove me wrong.
Amaze
Honda BR-V : Official Review-amaze.jpg

Dzire
Honda BR-V : Official Review-dzire1.jpg

Xcent
Honda BR-V : Official Review-xcent.jpg

I hope this clears your confusion about the resale value of the Amaze

Last edited by Aaron:) : 17th June 2016 at 13:11.
Aaron:) is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 17:03   #364
BHPian

After driving the car for last seven days, few thoughts... Out of experience.
1. The Drive is really good. Not at all tiring.
2. The electrically folding mirrors are good, but logically should fold in automatically once the engine is shut down
3. Strong need of reverse cam (I touched it on day one of reversing. May be I am a bad driver (got it fitted the next day)
4. The phone function is not really easy to use. The steering wheel on my V model, does not have the pick up and cut the phone. Which is very basic I suppose.

More coming soon
preetamkabra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:48   #365
BHPian

One of my colleagues is on a Car scouting and I happened to tag along with him last Saturday to Dakshin Honda, Bangalore. Got first glimpse of the BRV after it was launched.

The Car may stand a chance of its own but against CRETA ? No WAY.
The front looks bulbous and the overall width was out of proportion with the length. The Car costs more than a million but looks much lesser than that

Took the IVTEC for a quick spin and it drives really well. Never did the car felt underpowered or struggling to gain pace. 1.5 IVTEC is a gem and it shows. The imperfect roads are flattened out nicely and the suspension is on a softer side. One thing which I felt was, significant nose dive under hard braking.

The only things IMO being repulsive is the amount of Car I get viz a viz the money spent. The interiors aren't great, the overall silhouette looks out of proportion and the built quality is just about average. They have dragged this flop Brio platform for more than it deserves I believe.

Conclusion: My friend went ahead with an s-Cross 1.3 Zeta and I gave him a being the only Car from MSIL which is very near to a FIAT in built quality and driving dynamics and at the same time retains all +s of a Maruti.

Cheers...
Shiv

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 20th June 2016 at 10:51. Reason: typo
Shiv_1984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 19:47   #366
BHPian

Came across this thread accidentally, comparing indonesian BRV with the indian one, it states what we all know anyways, but they have put it together nicely (though there are some inaccuracies!):

Quote:
We are Sure if Honda Siel Cars introduces in these

» Safety Features of ESP, Hill Hold Drive Assist

» 6.1 Inch Multimedia AVN with Touchscreen

» Rear View Camera,

» Shark Finn Antenna

in Honda BRV Top of Line Model as Vx Option with rs 60K higher Price - there would still be many Buyers who would be Interested in Top of Line Fully Loaded Version. Hyundai Creta has String Demand in Top of Line Sx Option and Honda is also capable of generating such demand - provided features are offered atleast as an Option Offering in Top of Line

Honda - Pls dont Differentiate !!
PS: Don't know if all that can be added for just Rs 60k, but I agree with the general idea!

Honda BRV Indonesia Vs Indian Version. Features Missing in Indian BRV
Hvt77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 16:10   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India has received over 10,000 bookings for the BR-V ever since it's launch, according to an official statement by the company.

Quote:
The company informed in an official statement that the 3 year unlimited km warranty policy on BR-V has been strongly appreciated by the customers.

Speaking on the performance of BR-V, Yoichiro Ueno, President & CEO, Honda Cars India Ltd said, "The recently launched Honda BR-V has received a good consumer response with over 10,000 bookings since launch. BR-V has amassed strong interest from both young and middle aged customers. We are confident that it will attract more customers with its strong desirable values."

"As per current demand, BR-V has witnessed equal consumer preference in petrol and diesel variants. The new warranty policy of 3 year unlimited km warranty for BR-V has been very positively accepted and is one of the driving forces for good acceptance of BR-V in the market," he added.
ET
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 18:01   #368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Honda Cars India has received over 10,000 bookings for the BR-V ever since it's launch, according to an official statement by the company.
Slowing down?

As per an earlier statement, it was over 9000 bookings for the first month. Has only managed another 1000 over the next three weeks.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd June 2016 at 18:10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 18:27   #369
BHPian

Added Nomad Floor Mats from 3M and Autocop Reverse Camera and sensor to our BRV
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20160618_181513.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20160618_181426.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20160618_181613.jpg  

bhpindian is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 18:28   #370
Senior - BHPian

We went to Honda dealer to check their cars, spent around 30 minutes checking different cars from Brio to BR-V. Not a single person bothered to attend us. When asked for Jazz Petrol Automatic test drive, reply was "Sir we do not have Jazz Petrol Auto for test drive, you can check Jazz Manual diesel instead".
Old 22nd June 2016, 19:34   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We went to Honda dealer to check their cars, spent around 30 minutes checking different cars from Brio to BR-V. Not a single person bothered to attend us. When asked for Jazz Petrol Automatic test drive, reply was "Sir we do not have Jazz Petrol Auto for test drive, you can check Jazz Manual diesel instead".
Most of the so-called premium manufacturers and premium dealerships think that customers can be taken as granted. They should know that customer is the king in all businesses - not the brand value of these manufacturers.
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:22   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpindian View Post
Added Nomad Floor Mats from 3M and Autocop Reverse Camera and sensor to our BRV
Thanks for the update, the nomad mats look good.

Can you post some pics of the autocop reverse cam? Is it on IRVM? What was the cost?

Also, did you get that done via the dealer? If directly from autocop etc, are there no worries about voiding warranty etc?
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:47   #373
Team-BHP Support

Some updates:

- My car has arrived at the dealer warehouse. It will be in my house by Saturday/Monday.
- It's a Tafeta White CVT. The dealer's next CVT allotment is apparently at least 30 days away, so I didn't wait for silver CVT car.
- Prices have gone up by Rs. 10,000 since May 5th (increase in taxes/cess).
- Since there is no VX CVT variant, I made my own such variant by ticking the options list.

Touchscreen HU with GPS
Reversing Camera
Parking sensors
Front Arm Rest
PVC seat covers

Also, the BRV does not entirely look proportional from certain angles. Also, the chrome has been excessively used. To help improve the visual balance, I have opted for extra black plastic bits/cladding on the exteriors.

Accessories cost: Rs. 70,000
On road Bangalore price: Rs. 14.9 Lacs
Total Cost: Rs. 15.6 Lacs.

The price is about 18% lower than Mahindra XUV 500 W6 AT's Bangalore price of Rs. 17.7 Lacs + Rs. 70,000 (for 17 inch alloys and roof box) = Rs. 18.4 Lacs. I guess if I could digest the looks/styling of XUV 500, I might have stretched my budget.

The biggest issue with the BRV CVT variant is the price premium of Rs. 1.4 Lacs over the manual variant. In comparison, Duster AMT costs just Rs. 70,000 over the manual while Mahindra's 6 speed AT costs Rs. 1.1 Lacs over the manual. Hopefully those paddleshifts make up for this extra premium I'm paying.
SmartCat is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:06   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post

Conclusion: My friend went ahead with an s-Cross 1.3 Zeta and I gave him a being the only Car from MSIL which is very near to a FIAT in built quality and driving dynamics and at the same time retains all +s of a Maruti.

Cheers...
In what way did you find s-cross's build quality near to FIAT?

It maybe the best among vehicles from Maruti and Honda, but I would say still far behind from FIAT.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:34   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
The Car may stand a chance of its own but against CRETA ? No WAY. The front looks bulbous and the overall width was out of proportion with the length. The Car costs more than a million but looks much lesser than that
Looks are very subjective, I find Creta's front look not as good as BR-V's, both look modern but the head-lamp cluster of BR-V is much better looking and well integrated. Length wise yes, it is a long car, but then again it gives extra row seating so pick your poison. BTW, would you say the same if you were looking at an Audi Q7 ?

Quote:
They have dragged this flop Brio platform for more than it deserves I believe.
Every manufacturer elongates the life of their generation platforms especially small car platforms in India, How is the platform a "flop" ? Amaze is based on Brio and is the highest selling Honda car in India and is giving a reasonable fight in that segment over others barring Maruti that we all know just cannot be toppled in the small car segment.

Quote:

Cheers...
Shiv
You have an issue with how BR-Vs front looks and yet you are okay with the ultra out-dated looks of S-Cross ? "Driving Dynamics" wise I can tell you BR-V is pretty high up there, way better than Creta especially handling and braking. Fiat being on top of the list.

I think there is a stark difference between the petrol and diesel versions of BR-V, anyone looking specifically for diesel might find other options more refined and that may swing them. However, when it comes to petrol and CVT, BR-V has a very strong case plus several so called competitors either don't offer petrol or automatics e.g. S-Cross.
-xplora- is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks