Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 19:02   #3076
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Well you need to find the right size that fits over your riding gear, and in rains i generally ride slow so no major issue there. Regarding rain liners, they are equally steamy and more cumbersome. So have kept them away for now.

Again most important factor is cost, this is totally non comparable product at the price it is available.
Totally agree on the cost factor. Most (Textile/mesh) jackets come with the "inner rain liner" which is practically useless in heavier downpour.

The one I was talking about - came in with the Tornado2 - was pretty effective in keeping the water out and not steaming as much. Just my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Well, I don't know if these flap in the wind. I have the largest size, bought intentionally this way, to allow for wearing over the riding jacket and riding pants. Didn't experience any discomfort since speeds were anyway low in the rain.
may be you got the better quality ones.
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:02   #3077
BHPian

Hi friends,

need your guidance for some starter gear kit. need inputs / review for below stuff:

* Mototech's knee guards ? LINK
* Rynox Tornado Pro L2 Jacket LINK
* Rynox Air GT v2 Jacket LINK
* Rynox Advento Riding Pant LINK

* which Gloves ? (mainly for city/highway usage, not necessarily waterproof)

overall, any other alternative VFM option ?

thanks a ton in advance,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 2nd November 2017 at 09:09.
Old 4th November 2017, 00:34   #3078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi friends,

need your guidance for some starter gear kit. need inputs / review for below stuff:

* Mototech's knee guards ?
* Rynox Tornado Pro L2 Jacket
* Rynox Air GT v2 Jacket
* Rynox Advento Riding Pant

* which Gloves ? (mainly for city/highway usage, not necessarily waterproof)

overall, any other alternative VFM option ?

thanks a ton in advance,
Pranav
Hi Pranav,

I recently bought Tornado Pro L2 over Air GT v2, I found the mesh to be better on the Tornado ,plus it has Knox armour.

Gloves- I went for Solace Bravo,it's not as soft as Aspida Ares but serves the purpose. Try them out.

No idea about the other gear,planning to make a jugaad knee protector with Sas-Tec protectors and some neoprene knee caps.

Best regards
Ramna
Old 5th November 2017, 22:00   #3079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Hi Pranav,

I recently bought Tornado Pro L2 over Air GT v2, I found the mesh to be better on the Tornado ,plus it has Knox armour.

Gloves- I went for Solace Bravo,it's not as soft as Aspida Ares but serves the purpose. Try them out.

No idea about the other gear,planning to make a jugaad knee protector with Sas-Tec protectors and some neoprene knee caps.

Best regards
Ramna
Hi Ramna,
thanks for your inputs.
Yday I purchased Rynox Tornado Pro L2 mesh jacket @ Rs.7950 from LetMeTour official dealer in Dahisar area of Mumbai. The LMT store owner/partner Mr.Eshan is a very nice person, patiently explained various features & products etc. Also I interacted with some of his client-cum-friends, who were equally good to assist me.
As compared to the earlier L1 model, this newer L2 model has been upgraded with "KNOX® Microlock Armors-CE (EN-1621:1- Level 2) Approved- Shoulder and Elbow", and some minor design changes.

BTW, I did like the overall design of Rynox Stealth Evo L2, but ideally thats made for long touring, and would get really hot in routine city usage.

I had actually intended to buy the Mototech Bionic Knee Guard (I read good reviews), but Eshan's good advice was to avoid it, as soon it maybe impractical, especially while wearing for office rides over formals (!!), instead at later stage buy the riding pant itself. I agreed. Also I personally saw the Rynox Advento pants, they were really kool and Im sure meant business.

Personally, I would not suggest any "jugaad" for such protection gears, it may do more bad than any good!

I also briefly checked few Rynox gloves, but didnt decide yet, but need to finalize on this topic fast, mostly half-gauntlet to start as Im not sure of full-gauntlet's comfort over hands. silly.

While Im preparing for my gear set, also need to get similar stuff for Wife & daughter, as they would also accompany on bike, either local or touring rides. It seems Rynox doesnt make female jackets, and we'll personally check with Solace & Cramster offerings as their websites says so.

For riding shoes, I have read good reviews about Orazo. Im inclined to buy Picus Velcro Black, which could also double as office shoes - leather ! :-) Any inputs are most welcome.

For Helmet related discussions, I'll post in the dedicated thread for Helmet.

I'll post my details here, thanks for all the support & cooperation in helping me build the gear-set.

regards,

Last edited by pcpranav : 5th November 2017 at 22:05.
Old 6th November 2017, 11:21   #3080
BHPian

Need a good waterproof gloves (not full gauntlet). Which brand and model to look out for?
Old 6th November 2017, 19:42   #3081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Need a good waterproof gloves (not full gauntlet). Which brand and model to look out for?
Most waterproof gloves are either semi or full gauntlet. You have quite a few options to chose from but to point you in the right direction are 2 options below:

Zeus H2O Gloves

Aspida Poseidon Waterproof Gloves

If you are fine with these kind of gloves, you can google for some more options from BBG riding gear or Cramster etc.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 08:53   #3082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
If you are fine with these kind of gloves, you can google for some more options from BBG riding gear or Cramster etc.
BBG is in Korattur, Chennai, Spartan Pro Gear in Thousand Lights, Chennai and hence will plan a direct visit.

In regards to Cramster, are they still good? Heard their quality has deteriorated.

Last edited by dre@ms : 7th November 2017 at 08:55. Reason: corrected grammar and added additional info
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 14:05   #3083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While Im preparing for my gear set, also need to get similar stuff for Wife & daughter, as they would also accompany on bike, either local or touring rides. It seems Rynox doesnt make female jackets, and we'll personally check with Solace & Cramster offerings as their websites says so.
My wife had different experience. Female specific jackets weren't available at most stores, hence tried different brands like Aspida, Mototech, Rynox & Cramster. Rynox urban jacket offered most appropriate fit in terms of shoulder & elbow protection. Cuff length is bit short but nothing that can't be covered by full gauntlet gloves.

Quote:
For riding shoes, I have read good reviews about Orazo. Im inclined to buy Picus Velcro Black, which could also double as office shoes - leather !
I feel one can't wear these shoes for entire day in office. Moreover, for that price, it would be better to spend little extra to get better riding boots (short height) with external toe protection.
Best would be to keep regular shoes pair in office and use it during office hours, I follow this.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 14:19   #3084
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ramna,
thanks for your inputs.
Yday I purchased Rynox Tornado Pro L2 mesh jacket @ Rs.7950 from LetMeTour official dealer in Dahisar area of Mumbai. The LMT store owner/partner Mr.Eshan is a very nice person, patiently explained various features & products etc. Also I interacted with some of his client-cum-friends, who were equally good to assist me.

regards,
Hi pcpranav, don't know if my revert is late for you.

As for Riding pants, I strongly suggest you to check out solace riding pants, it comes with level 2 SAS TEC armours at less than the Rynox Advento (which is level 1) rate and it is quite good. I am using them for 4 months now (me & few other riding group members bought together) and all of us are quite happy with the pants.

http://solaceintl.in/index.php?route...product_id=174

Further, they also have female jackets, you can check out website.

KK
Old 7th November 2017, 14:50   #3085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
My wife had different experience. Female specific jackets weren't available at most stores, hence tried different brands like Aspida, Mototech, Rynox & Cramster. Rynox urban jacket offered most appropriate fit in terms of shoulder & elbow protection. Cuff length is bit short but nothing that can't be covered by full gauntlet gloves.

I feel one can't wear these shoes for entire day in office. Moreover, for that price, it would be better to spend little extra to get better riding boots (short height) with external toe protection.
Best would be to keep regular shoes pair in office and use it during office hours, I follow this.
thanks for your inputs. I will soon recheck on options for wife, Im sure it'll not be very difficult to locate.
Your point taken for Orazo or similar shoes, will check options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hi pcpranav, don't know if my revert is late for you.

As for Riding pants, I strongly suggest you to check out solace riding pants, it comes with level 2 SAS TEC armours at less than the Rynox Advento (which is level 1) rate and it is quite good. I am using them for 4 months now (me & few other riding group members bought together) and all of us are quite happy with the pants.

http://solaceintl.in/index.php?route...product_id=174

Further, they also have female jackets, you can check out website.

KK
Hi, thanks for your valuable inputs. Riding Pants is not very urgent in my list, but in few months will buy it.

Gloves is pending, maybe this weekend will go few shops.

regards,
Old 7th November 2017, 14:54   #3086
BHPian

Quote:
Gloves is pending, maybe this weekend will go few shops.

regards,
If you are looking at full gauntlet, then check out TBG gloves, price is bit on higher side but very well worth it and I know people who have had accidents with this gloves on and it surely helped.

KK
Old 7th November 2017, 15:04   #3087
BHPian

Quote:
BBG is in Korattur, Chennai, Spartan Pro Gear in Thousand Lights, Chennai and hence will plan a direct visit.

In regards to Cramster, are they still good? Heard their quality has deteriorated.
Is there any specific reason to go for waterproof gloves?

I feel perforated leather gloves are best suited for our climate conditions.
Old 7th November 2017, 15:32   #3088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Their quality is a hit and miss no doubt. But waterproof options are very limited at this time hence best to check for reviews from real world users also. BBG has a Ladakh version of their jacket and gloves which are good for the extremes in Ladakh so it should offer good waterproofing.
Old 7th November 2017, 15:55   #3089
BHPian

Quote:
My riding mate is using waterproof gloves from solace, he did Benaluru - Leh recently and said they are quite good with rains.

http://solaceintl.in/index.php?route...product_id=175

KK
Old 7th November 2017, 16:37   #3090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
Is there any specific reason to go for waterproof gloves?
To use the gloves during Chennai rains. Have the basic Vega gloves which is good but unable to wear it during rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
BBG has a Ladakh version of their jacket and gloves which are good for the extremes in Ladakh so it should offer good waterproofing.
Will check their store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
My riding mate is using waterproof gloves from solace, he did Benaluru - Leh recently and said they are quite good with rains.
Thanks, will check this out too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks