Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:57   #691
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
No you do not need any certificate from Police at the time of renewal (even for Tatkaal). Police Verification will happen afterwards (in my case police guy came after 1.5 years of renewal!!!) You will just need 3 Address Proof documents (not necessarily current address) with Photo ID and at least 1 of them your current address (gas connection, landline bill, bank statement etc will do). I used my UP issued Voter ID, LPG bill and Airtel bill for this.
You will also need Annex I affidavit (you can get it at town hall and get it notarized there. I got it thru our office Concierge services) It is mentioned on the passport site so I had it though they did not ask for it at the PSK desk! Also I got my wife's name added so gave a copy of marriage certificate for taht.

Hope it helps. Applying in Tatkaal is easy and hassle-free. Dont be too apprehensive. I got mine and my daughter's done thru Tatkaal only. I think at the PSK they encourage you to apply in Tatkaal (My own renewal I had not applied under Tatkaal but at Counter A at the PSK the lady herself offered to convert my application to Tatkaal!) Thats why I consider Tatkaal to be the legalized bribe option and you very well know that how bribes run India!!!
Woww its quite a relieving information which you have given me and I really thank you for that . As per the passport seva website too I can only see these documents as mandatory . However just one more clarification , I hope you would have already considered that in your reply , My previous passport / current passport is issued in Kerala and now its in Karnataka . Was it the same case for you too ? I just want a reconfirmation .

The people whom I am checking with is asking me to get some IAS officer letter by myself or I need to pay 10 K to get a document like that . You know how these agents make passport renewal look like the most complicated stuff in the world .

Thanks once again for your reply in advance .
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:03   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
If you can give some information on the above mentioned concerns , that will be great
What more info you need?
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:04   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Woww its quite a relieving information which you have given me and I really thank you for that . As per the passport seva website too I can only see these documents as mandatory . However just one more clarification , I hope you would have already considered that in your reply , My previous passport / current passport is issued in Kerala and now its in Karnataka . Was it the same case for you too ? I just want a reconfirmation .

The people whom I am checking with is asking me to get some IAS officer letter by myself or I need to pay 10 K to get a document like that . You know how these agents make passport renewal look like the most complicated stuff in the world .

Thanks once again for your reply in advance .
Yes it was similar for me. My previous passport was issued in Delhi. Added to that, I was in Bangalore for less than 1 year at the time of renewal. Still faced no issues. PSKs are just too good

A word of advice: Take a morning slot, maybe the very first one. You will be out of the PSK in no time. No need to take any time off from office (if you go to one
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:05   #694
Senior - BHPian

The current status of my passport is "Police Report is clear and the passport is expected to be despatched by 16-04-2012. Subject to all documents being in order". Today being 23, should I act or wait?

If I Should act, how?
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:42   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
What more info you need?
Well I quoted you as I found some answers from you and it was kind of letting you know that I need a help . But I got the information quite fast from Joslicx . Thanks to the Bhpian spirits. Thank to you to for offering your help and any information which we are overlooking , that will be always welcome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Yes it was similar for me. My previous passport was issued in Delhi. Added to that, I was in Bangalore for less than 1 year at the time of renewal. Still faced no issues. PSKs are just too good

A word of advice: Take a morning slot, maybe the very first one. You will be out of the PSK in no time. No need to take any time off from office (if you go to one
Brilliant. I am going to take that word from you and go ahead . Its so much confidence you are giving into me and I thank you a lot for that . Yes I too prefer an early morning slot for the same reason . Shall let you know if I come across any issues .
Old 24th April 2012, 16:14   #696
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the address proof requirements. The passport seva website mentions that the following is considered as a valid address proof:

Quote:
One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook of running bank account (Scheduled Commercial bank excluding Regional Rural banks and local area banks)
Now my question is whether private bank statements (ICICI) are acceptable. I read on the previous page someone planning to use their ICICI statements as address proof.

Why I ask is that till about 2-3 years ago, the passport office only considered statements from nationalised banks (like SBI etc) as valid address proofs. Has that changed now?

Who checks the address proofs at the PSKs? The TCS staff or government staff?
Old 25th April 2012, 12:29   #697
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post
Now my question is whether private bank statements (ICICI) are acceptable. I read on the previous page someone planning to use their ICICI statements as address proof.

Why I ask is that till about 2-3 years ago, the passport office only considered statements from nationalised banks (like SBI etc) as valid address proofs. Has that changed now?

The initial verifications for the address proof happen with the TCS staff, who will ask for supplementary address proof to keep their side clear.

I provided a one year statement from Citibank as address proof, but kept landline bills from Airtel as supplementary proof. They decided to have the landline bills as the main address proof, with the bank statement as secondary.

So, in short it is not necessary to have a statement from a nationalized bank as address proof, and neither is a BSNL landline bill necessary.

Following is a conversation which i overheard while at the PSK :

Quote:
TCS Staff to Passport officer at Counter B at PSK : "Sir, can a statement from XYZ company be considered as address proof for this person?"
Passport Officer to someone standing beside : "Have you heard of XYZ company? I haven't."
Other person : "No, sir."
Passport Officer : "If noone has heard of XYZ company, how can it be used as address proof? Go, and get address proof as mentioned on the site."

End of discussion.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:47   #698
BANNED

^^ Address certificate issued by a private company to employee is valid and acceptable at RPO;s . just make sure that the letter is signed and stamped by the HR head. One cannot denied above just because Officer hasn;t heard of company ;s name & as for as I know TCS is a reputed company . may be guy could have just said "TATA Consultancy service" . TATA's Name is more than enough to consider the letter as address proof.

To quote from RPO;s website .

Passport Renewal Procedure-683554bf2598a96a.jpg
Old 25th April 2012, 12:53   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the address proof requirements. The passport seva website mentions that the following is considered as a valid address proof:

I recently got my passport renewed through Tatkaal, so I got to know a bit of two about the process they follow.

Private bank statements for residence proof are not considered, only nationalized banks like SBI etc can be considered.

I was having the same issue and had to get an account opened in SBI for the same.

Also you would need 1 additional address proof apart from this which can be either your election card/ration card/telephone bill like MTNL etc/rent agreement/get an avidavit signed from class 1 officer for your address proof.
Old 25th April 2012, 13:22   #700
BHPian

Thanks for all the inputs guys. Seems like different Passport Offices have different standards of address proof, since some people have got it done with Citibank/Airtel bills also and some have had to go with SBI/MTNL documents.

Another thing, if the telephone bills are in the spouse's name, will those and a marriage certificate suffice as address proof?

As far as company letter is concerned, it is very clearly written on the passport seva website that only letters issued by public limited companies on their letterhead and signed personally (no computer printouts) are admissible as address proof... :(
Old 25th April 2012, 14:06   #701
BANNED

Vineet,

Kindly see the requirements on below Link

Attachment Advisor

On point no 8 says " Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head" . it no where mentions that company has to be PSU anywhere. Speak to your HR guys, they generally do provide such letter with stamp and sign on letter head. I Got mine renewed from Bikhaji cama Place RPO office using my letter issued by my company . You can use your wife;s passport as well for address proof provided she has included your name in her passport or a marriage certificate should work .( see point no 9 )

Quote:
Proof of Address
You are required to submit atleast 1 of the documents listed below.

1 ) Water Bill
2 )Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
3 )Electricity bill
4 )One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook of running bank account (Scheduled Commercial bank excluding Regional Rural banks and local area banks)
5 )Income Tax Assessment Order
6 )Election Commission Photo ID card
7 )Proof of Gas Connection
8 )Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
9 )Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)
10 ) Applicant's current and valid ration card
11 )Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
Note (For Document No. 1, 2, and 3) : Atleast 2 bills are required - One bill should of be of last year and the other bill of current year.
Note (For Document No. 8) : Only public limited companies can give address proof on company letter head along with seal. Computerised print-outs shall not be entertained.
Note (For Document No. 10) : If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the given categories.
Old 25th April 2012, 14:16   #702
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
^^ Address certificate issued by a private company to employee is valid and acceptable at RPO;s . just make sure that the letter is signed and stamped by the HR head. One cannot denied above just because Officer hasn;t heard of company ;s name & as for as I know TCS is a reputed company . may be guy could have just said "TATA Consultancy service" . TATA's Name is more than enough to consider the letter as address proof.
The company in this case was not TCS, it was some other MNC.
As with all other government related things, this too was based on the opinion of one passport officer. There was no point arguing by the concerned person, so he left.
Old 25th April 2012, 14:37   #703
BHPian

Sushil,

I was referring to the same link you've posted.

Please read the second note:
Note (For Document No. 8) : Only public limited companies can give address proof on company letter head along with seal. Computerised print-outs shall not be entertained.

If only it were that easy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Vineet,

Kindly see the requirements on below Link

Attachment Advisor

On point no 8 says " Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head" . it no where mentions that company has to be PSU anywhere. Speak to your HR guys, they generally do provide such letter with stamp and sign on letter head. I Got mine renewed from Bikhaji cama Place RPO office using my letter issued by my company . You can use your wife;s passport as well for address proof provided she has included your name in her passport or a marriage certificate should work .( see point no 9 )
Old 25th April 2012, 14:41   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The company in this case was not TCS, it was some other MNC.
As with all other government related things, this too was based on the opinion of one passport officer. There was no point arguing by the concerned person, so he left.
+1 to that. The last time I'd gone to get my passport renewed (Delhi RPO), I had taken a nationalized bank passbook in my name, and some MTNL landline bills, also in my name.

According to the first person I went to at the counter, these were not enough since the passbook was not recent enough (did not have any transactions for the past 1 month), and the MTNL bills were not old enough (only last 2 bills).

He sent me away, and then I got into another line where another person was doing the checking and acceptance of documents. That person took my documents without saying anything!

There is no standardization of process, it all depends on the mood of the person at the counter. I'm hoping this will change for the better with partial privatization of the passport process....
Old 25th April 2012, 14:54   #705
BANNED

Quote:
There is no standardization of process, it all depends on the mood of the person at the counter. I'm hoping this will change for the better with partial privatization of the passport process....
Yes , that;s a Problem . I work for a US MNC ( not a public ltd company) and they happily accepted address proof my HR gave me on companies letter head.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks