Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2012, 20:51   #586
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

likewise. I had got an appointment on 16th Jan (Monday) at around 2:00pm. I was there by 1:30pm. 4 levels where in the documents were checked, photos taken, digital copies of all originals scanned and uploaded. I was told that it would take a month for me to get the passport. But I received the passport on Friday. Super fast and efficient. I got my wife's name endorsed on my passport.

I will now apply for passport for my children next month. Super fast and efficient.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 16:23   #587
BHPian

Jsut an update.
Recieved my passport today. 1 Week after the PSK appointment.
Would have got it yesterday if not for the holiday.
Old 27th January 2012, 16:30   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is police verification mandatory for normal passport renewal if the address is same in old passport also? I was thinking only document submission will be there and no police verification.
Technically yes.

If there is no "feature change" (name, address, sign, photo etc...) and the current passport is still valid, PV is optional. Mostly depends on the Passport Officer decision.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 16:58   #589
BHPian

Folks, though this is not about renewal, could one you suggest me how to get a new passport for my wife and kid ?

The situation:

I have a valid passport with current address.

After marriage My wife doesn't have an address proof and kid has a birth certificate.

Someone told me that I should just fillup the passport application form and submit it online or book a slot to submit it in the passport office.

Is that all I should be doing or is something else also involved in this ?

Edit: Should I also have my spouse name added in my passport ? I Cant afford to leave my passport for more than 2mnths, since am a frequent traveller.

Please help.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Last edited by 2500cc : 27th January 2012 at 17:00.
Old 28th January 2012, 12:04   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post

Please help.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Rajesh

Believe you can get both the passports done together for your wife and kid.

Documents required :

Marriage Certificate.
Address proof on your name : Current and 1 year old [ BSNL landline bill etc.]
Kid's Birth certificate.
Degree certificate [ For ECNR applicability. Believe they don't do ECNR now a days ]

Photo's will be taken at PSK itself. Make the appointments online for both the applications and visit at the appointment time. Be prepared to spend atleast 1 1/2 hr at PSK.

If you go through the FAQ's on Passport, it will guide you on the number of photocopies required for the said documentation.

Your wife's address proof will get linked to your address proof based on the marriage certificate. BHPians can guide on this.

Another backup option would be if your wife has a s/b account in any nationailsed bank, with over a year account summary, the said statement will also act as a address proof for her. And when you are at doing it, include your name in your wife's passport. That should be easy for future reference also.

Hope this helps
lambuhere1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 11:10   #591
Senior - BHPian

Is it important that one year bank statement should be from a "Nationalized Bank" only? From the document checklist on passport website I do not see the they have mentioned explicitly that it should be from a nationalized bank.
I have two account statements with the covering letter and official seal and signature, but from private banks. Will that not be enough?

One more thing:
My wife has US visa stamp on her passport. Its valid for 10 years. However trip never happened because of business decisions. How will that be carried over to the new passport?
Old 30th January 2012, 13:27   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
One more thing:
My wife has US visa stamp on her passport. Its valid for 10 years. However trip never happened because of business decisions. How will that be carried over to the new passport?
Just carry the old passport with visa stamp. Normally frequent travelers have two or more passports stapled together to carry all the long term visas.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 14:05   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
likewise. I had got an appointment on 16th Jan (Monday) at around 2:00pm. I was there by 1:30pm. 4 levels where in the documents were checked, photos taken, digital copies of all originals scanned and uploaded. I was told that it would take a month for me to get the passport. But I received the passport on Friday. Super fast and efficient. I got my wife's name endorsed on my passport.
I will now apply for passport for my children next month. Super fast and efficient.
Which PSK you have atteded? I need submit for address change. Can I submit my wife and child passports at the same time for address change?
Old 30th January 2012, 15:18   #594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it important that one year bank statement should be from a "Nationalized Bank" only? From the document checklist on passport website I do not see the they have mentioned explicitly that it should be from a nationalized bank.
It need not be a nationalized bank. I submitted a statement for a year from Citibank, and it was accepted as address proof.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 07:00   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Which PSK you have atteded? I need submit for address change. Can I submit my wife and child passports at the same time for address change?
I had submitted to the Vadapalani PSK (one opposite to Vijaya Hospital). You can submit all the passports with necessary proofs such as "Marriage Certificate" & "Birth Certificate" so that the address can be changed in your wife's & child's passport.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 10:39   #596
BHPian

Quote:
I have two account statements with the covering letter and official seal and signature, but from private banks. Will that not be enough?
It differs from PSK to PSK randomly. When I renewed my passport in the Bangalore Marathalli PSK, they accepted my ICICI bank statement as address proof (I saw others carrying Citibank and other private bank statements as well).

However, when my mom tried to apply for a fresh passport from the Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu PSK, they insisted on a nationalised bank statement.

Another oddity was when my wife tried to renew her passport from the Bangalore, Lal bagh PSK, they wanted to see two different address proofs! Logic was that if the original passport was issued from Bangalore, then one address proof is sufficient. However, if the original passport was from a different place, then two address proofs are required.

It all depends on your stars To be really sure, take your set of documents to the PSK well before your appointment and check whether they will accept it.
ajayr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 20:58   #597
Senior - BHPian

I got went to submit the forms and was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of the whole system. I was expecting much worse from a govt organisation.
TCS guys make a big difference.

Tips:
1. Take as many address proofs as you can.
I went with two for me, and two for my wife. (Two bank statements for me, Private bank, with covering letter and all of the docs stamped and signed by bank guys. For wife one bank statement, again private bank, covering letter, all stamped and signed, and a Gas connection proof).
I opted for tatkaal and for that they somehow want 2 address proofs.

2. If you are planning to get a passport for your infant then take a passport sized photo of him/her with white background. They really cannot take a picture of an infant there. Its too difficult and time consuming to make the naughty ones stay still. Or to wake them up for that matter. They prefer to scan the picture and upload it.

3. Before joining the queue for passport for the infant, make sure you collect Annexure H from the photocopying guy(PSK at Sai Arcade had that guy stocking a few of them) and fill in the details. This will save you trouble of getting the form and filling it and going to counter again.

Overall a very good experience.
And what a relief to see brokers becoming a thing of past. Atleast in this case.

BTW spotted a BHPian there also:
Black Alto, 7355. Check the spotting thread. Your car is posted.

Last edited by download2live : 31st January 2012 at 21:07.
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:33   #598
Senior - BHPian

Guys I got my passport today.
I applied under tatkaal on tuesday and on friday the passport was there in my hands.
Full marks to Passport Authority. This will go down as first memorable (in a happy way) interaction between me and govt.

One funny thing: No police verification. It was not a fresh issue but a renewal of passport.
Will the police verification will happen after some time?
I did see in the status as PV report submitted. After that it changed to Passport dispatched status.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 14:15   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I got my passport today.
I applied under tatkaal on tuesday and on friday the passport was there in my hands.
Full marks to Passport Authority. This will go down as first memorable (in a happy way) interaction between me and govt.

One funny thing: No police verification. It was not a fresh issue but a renewal of passport.
Will the police verification will happen after some time?
I did see in the status as PV report submitted. After that it changed to Passport dispatched status.
Congrats.

Check your Acknowledgement paper. It should mention if it is Pre, Post or No Verification.

If it says Post, then you will have it after the issuance of the PP. As in your case.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 14:46   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats.

Check your Acknowledgement paper. It should mention if it is Pre, Post or No Verification.

If it says Post, then you will have it after the issuance of the PP. As in your case.
Thanks for clarification. Just got it checked. My wife earlier passport was from Bangalore only. So that might be the reason for : No verification.

In my case my original passport was from other state, so for me its Post verification.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks