Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 13:52   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants.

Thanks guys for the replies.

My requirement was a bit complicated because my current passport has my hometown's address (Vishakapatnam) and I have VISA to be stamped in less than a week. As my current passport expires in less than 6 months I will have to renew it before I can apply for VISA, but its now apparent that it is impossible for any agent to get my passport renewed in the time frame with my set of conditions.

Thanks for all you replies!!
Old 19th January 2012, 14:10   #572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
By the way, your blog on this was really useful for me and I referred to it multiple times to get my questions answered!
Good to hear that it was of use

And yes, anyone living in the location which comes under any of the PSKs cannot submit the physical forms anymore.

Infact, the online form is simple and great. You can not do mistake unless you deliberately want to do one. Each field is validated very well.

@naveenroy:

I would suggest you to try all possibilities in Bangalore before applying in native.

One of my collage's passport was cancelled since he was residing in Bangalore and tried to renew in native. his bad luck, the verification of police came in wrong time !!!

So, keep it as last option.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 14:18   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
- One submission and verification of the documents a file number /token is created and you have to go in for finger printing ,photographed pay cash Rs 1500 for normal , Rs 2500 (tatkal) again a second level of document verification where all the details are scanned and uploaded on the system.
I paid only Rs 1000 for my passport renewal for the normal application mode.
Old 19th January 2012, 14:30   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I paid only Rs 1000 for my passport renewal for the normal application mode.
I stand corrected it is Rs 1000 thanks !
Old 20th January 2012, 16:58   #575
BHPian

Just an update.

Tried taking an appointment on 17th Jan evening 6pm. Got an appointment for 19th Jan 2.45pm. Reporting time 2.15pm.

Will put the steps that might help anyone else.
Reached a bit early and stood in the queue. We were let in at sharp 2.15pm.
Stood in the counter for normal application. At 2.45 my turn came. I had marriage certificate for spouse name inclusion, degree certificate for ECNR (the previous passport was before I had completed my degree). 1 year bank statement from HDFC with seal and signature on all pages. For bank statements they also need a covering letter and the guy at the counter informed that they have a HDFC bank next door which can issue it. HDFC charged Rs 100 and issued a covering letter. At 3pm I got a token and a file with these documents.

The A counter was quick. Paid Rs 1000. Photo and Finger prints taken. And asked to wait for B counter. Took 1.5 hours for the B counter. Just a formality check and immediately sent to C-Counter. Again a formality check. Granted passport with Post Police verification. Out from PSK at 5pm. About 3 hours at the PSK

Today 20th Jan (One day after the appointment) recieved the call from the whitefield police station. Have been asked to visit the Police station between 11Am and 5pm on 21st with a copy of bank statement, old passport copy and 2 passport size photos. I am not sure if this is how it is usually happens? I thought the passport will arrive first and then the police will arrive at our doors for verification.

Thanks for the members on the forum for the help during the process.
Old 20th January 2012, 17:19   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
@naveenroy:

I would suggest you to try all possibilities in Bangalore before applying in native.

One of my collage's passport was cancelled since he was residing in Bangalore and tried to renew in native. his bad luck, the verification of police came in wrong time !!!

So, keep it as last option.
The passport getting cancelled is a scary happening. I can't imagine the hassle after that. Makes me think.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:47   #577
Senior - BHPian

Guys one query.
I wanted to get a passport for my baby.
Turns out that if spouse name is endorsed in passport then the procedure is simple.
So I was thinking of getting it done.
Has anyone got it done before?

Will I be issued a new passport or they will simply add some details in my Passport pages?
Old 25th January 2012, 11:56   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I wanted to get as passport for my baby.
Turns out that if spouse name is endorsed in passport then the procedure is simple.
Will I be issued a new passport or they will simply add some details in my Passport pages?
It is enough if either of the spouse has the other one's name endorsed in the passport. They will just note this (spouse details) in the observation pages, will not issue a new passport.
skumare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 12:31   #579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Good to hear that it was of use

Is police verification mandatory for normal passport renewal if the address is same in old passport also? I was thinking only document submission will be there and no police verification.
Old 25th January 2012, 12:44   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is police verification mandatory for normal passport renewal if the address is same in old passport also? I was thinking only document submission will be there and no police verification.
That's correct. If there is no address change, then there will not be any PV and one gets his renewed PP pretty soon (I got mine within 8 days).
whitesquall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 12:47   #581
BHPian

Quote:
In my case I have to go through the whole police verification process because my Passport had expired, even if address is same.
I was told that if the old Passport is still valid but about to expire then police verification is not done.
mitrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 12:48   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Your understanding is correct. If there is no change in address or any particulars (name, appearance etc.), there will not be any police verification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
Granted passport with Post Police verification. Out from PSK at 5pm. About 3 hours at the PSK

Today 20th Jan (One day after the appointment) recieved the call from the whitefield police station. Have been asked to visit the Police station between 11Am and 5pm on 21st with a copy of bank statement, old passport copy and 2 passport size photos. I am not sure if this is how it is usually happens? I thought the passport will arrive first and then the police will arrive at our doors for verification.

Thanks for the members on the forum for the help during the process.
This seems wierd! Never heard of this happening before. On the side note: I think you should be happy that the hassle of PV is getting cleared much early

Last edited by whitesquall : 25th January 2012 at 12:50.
whitesquall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 15:49   #583
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

For infants, IIRC, parents have an option of either getting the child's name endorsed on their passport, or get a new passport (usually valid for 5 years only) for the child.

IMHO, you are better off getting a separate passport so that the child can travel with either of parents or a relative / friend.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 17:13   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
For infants, IIRC, parents have an option of either getting the child's name endorsed on their passport, or get a new passport (usually valid for 5 years only) for the child.

IMHO, you are better off getting a separate passport so that the child can travel with either of parents or a relative / friend.
Well I was going through the FAQ's and also called the call center guys.
Seems that endorsement is a thing of past now.

Now its all the way a new passport if you want to get your spouse name on the passport.

I logged into the site and filled up the online form. There were many reasons listed for the issue of a new passport. One has to choose the ones which are applicable.

Addition of spouse name is one of the listed reasons.
Old 26th January 2012, 20:47   #585
Senior - BHPian

I got my new passport in 3 days flat, Kudos to the passport processing department. Quite happy the way things went.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks