Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 05:52   #556
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
1. I am based in Bangalore now. But still live in a rented house here. My original passport is with my permanent address in my native town in TN. Can I only renew this passport here in Bangalore only? I heard some friends having trouble getting it renewed in their native places - the authorities have told them that they need to get it renewed only in the place of their current residence.
I would personally propose that you get it done from your hometown, especially if you have parents staying at the address mentioned in your passport. My brother got it done the same way, since he was not in a position to furnish any of the address proofs as mentioned on the site for the rented address he is staying at in Bangalore. If you are able to furnish the documents listed on the website for the rented address in Bangalore, then you can get it done here itself, but PV will be mandatory.

If PV is initiated, you can always get your parents to explain to the cops that you are currently away, but you shall make yourself available at the police station the next day.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 12:00   #557
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the updates, benbsb29 and skumare. Yeah, looks like it will be less of a hassle to get it done at my native itself. And also, thanks for pointing out that I can only try renewing in 2 months time.

Is it the same procedure then - as in e-file the application etc?
Old 18th January 2012, 12:24   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Is it the same procedure then - as in e-file the application etc?
Depends on whether your native place has the PSKs (e-file) or the legacy paper process.
Old 18th January 2012, 14:09   #559
BHPian

Got my Tatkal renewal passport delivered after 7 days from application submition in Pune office.
I had a change of address along with addition of spouse name. No change of address in past one year.
I submitted following documents
(1) 1st and 12th (current) month Bank Statements with current address
(2) Electricity Bill
(3) Annexure -I
(4) PAN card
(5) Degree - for ECNR

Time spent on day of submition at Passport Office - ~4 hrs (8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
Old 18th January 2012, 14:21   #560
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants.

Hello guys more help needed.

My VISA application got stuck as my passport is valid for less than 6 months. I will apply through TAATKAL but I need a god agent who could get me all the notary work done, could you please help? I stay in Bhavdhan.
Old 18th January 2012, 14:29   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
My VISA application got stuck as my passport is valid for less than 6 months. I will apply through TAATKAL but I need a god agent who could get me all the notary work done, could you please help? I stay in Bhavdhan.
Tell you what; you definitely need a 'god' agent here.
What visa is this; Schengen or UK/ US?
Old 18th January 2012, 14:46   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Tell you what; you definitely need a 'god' agent here.
What visa is this; Schengen or UK/ US?

Saudi Arabia!!

I know, I need a GOD agent

Edit: SD it was NOT a spelling mistake, it was intended to be "God"!!

Last edited by anilisanil : 18th January 2012 at 14:47.
Old 18th January 2012, 14:53   #563
Senior - BHPian

I applied for my passport renewal recently from Bangalore, just had to submit the following documents
1) Address proof- (For tatkal they ask for 2 proofs –Bills 1 year old and current bills)
2) Marriage certificate – to include spouse name
3) Old passport copy in original for cancellation.

The documentation depends as indicated by the document adviser on the portal, Passport Seva Portal
- Register on the site
- Fill up the online form is quite simple to fill ,
- Submit the form and get an appointment , the only hassle was to get a timely online appointment.
- On receiving the appointment take all the necessary copies Xerox and originals and reach at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- One submission and verification of the documents a file number /token is created and you have to go in for finger printing ,photographed pay cash Rs 1500 for normal , Rs 2500 (tatkal) again a second level of document verification where all the details are scanned and uploaded on the system.

After that an officer level person verifies and validates your documentation and then finally I was guided to the passport officer , she looked at me and cancelled my current passport.

That’s it I was out in 1 hr 15 minutes flat, quite amazing to see such fast processing courtesy TCS. Its really pleasing to see such a transformation in the passport office. No touts, no brokers just plain work. Wish all the government office work like this….hopefully one day.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:29   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Saudi Arabia!!

There is one Surabhi travels just before the Planet Ford showroom near Paud flyover. Don't think he is "God" but surely "good" based on my experience.
One of my friend did this last year, but he did on his own and worked well for him... just a suggestion.
Old 18th January 2012, 22:56   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saudi Arabia!!

Sorry cannot help you with any agent names.

But, agents do nothing much other than stand for you in the line in the morning before the gates open for which they charge.

I had done the Tatkaal passport for my wife (5 years ago ) without an agent and same was the case with my passport extension. So unless you are hard pressed for time in terms of standing in the queue there should not be a need for an agent. He cannot ensure that your passport will be processed pronto.
Old 19th January 2012, 10:57   #566
Senior - BHPian

I recommend trying to get an appointment online and then going in person. I agree with Amit here; an agent wont do much other than stand there on your behalf.

You can begin with seeing the earliest appointment available. After that its a cake walk. If you get into the correct queue. Else its like walking on jelly.

Edit: Swanand; is that election code also applicable to stickers on bikes/ cars?
^^

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th January 2012 at 11:16.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:01   #567
Senior - BHPian

Anil, shall PM you in a bit with the agent name. For my family, this guy has been close to god, when it comes to passport/visas. Maybe of some help to you.

OT: Saw you outside DLF a while ago. Wanted to say Hi, but I guess you were dropping off the missus. She works in my company too?

On a more related note, has anyone noticed? Over the past couple of days, since election code has been set in, most of the party cars have all but vanished from the roads. Well, at least seems like they have.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 12:02   #568
Senior - BHPian

Anil, this is the right thread for you. I had once used the services of a chap who has a office right behind the RPO, as in , the left turn you take near it when coming from Symbi.

Its time I guess to show your frustration/happiness about the Pune road conditions, by putting your vote where your mouth is!

You can check whether your name is on the voter's list by clicking here.

My name doesnt figure here at all. Atleast till last elections I was a female living somewhere else than my current residence. This year I have completely ceased to exist! :(
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 12:19   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
You can check whether your name is on the voter's list by clicking here.

(
Thanks for sharing this link. My name exists but i was not aware that i have changed my place of residence.

Now the major question. Whom to vote???
Old 19th January 2012, 13:17   #570
BHPian

If standing in queue is a issue submit the application at Pune commissioners office. I submitted it through a agent but I believe one can directly go and submit it there. Absolutely no queues but I am not sure if it causes additional delays.

Most Viewed