Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2015, 02:31   #3406
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
I'm nearing 3 years on my July 2012 XUV W8, with just a few days remaining. My beast has done 49000 km with 50000 km service due. I sense that engine performance isn't quite what it used to be, increased engine note, especially during startup. Also, on taking the foot off the pedal after accelerating to medium speeds, during engine braking the engine seems crude and worn out to a significant extent, with a mildly audible humming sound. It feels like the engine has really aged! Is there something I need to be careful about as my warranty is about to expire or is it normal?
FYI the car had been maintained properly and serviced at proper internals with no accident history.
Hello, Engine noise is always on the higher side during every cold start, It settles in after driving for about 5-10 minutes. I would suggest you to get the servicing done 300-400 kms before. All the points you have mentioned are normal it seems, You have driven the car for 49000 km which means you are really used to the power the car has to offer, I too had felt that the car is much slower than it was before, But if you drive any other car for a couple days and then drive your xuv 500 back you can feel the car performing as it should. You should be able to feel good amount of difference once the servicing is done, Also please do get the extended warranty, Highly recommended.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 15:59   #3407
BHPian

My xuv has completed 12000 km. off late I have started to notice that there is a mechanical noise coming from the front right wheel whenever I am going over any pothole. I guess that it might be coming from the front right suspension. If I take it very slowly over the pot holes then this mechanical noise is not there. Any idea what could the issue here ?
Old 5th July 2015, 20:40   #3408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
My xuv has completed 12000 km. off late I have started to notice that there is a mechanical noise coming from the front right wheel whenever I am going over any pothole. I guess that it might be coming from the front right suspension. If I take it very slowly over the pot holes then this mechanical noise is not there. Any idea what could the issue here ?
There is a curved metal cover over the disc of front brakes. Get them checked, might be got loosed or touching some part. Its on the inner side of the discs.
Old 6th July 2015, 10:09   #3409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Sireesh Auto has one near by but I am not sure how good they are.
Good to hear that you too stay nearby. I stay hardly a KM away from Sireesh Marathahalli. I had taken the vehicle over there couple of times for smaller works (mud flap replacement, free body wash etc). I had interacted with RM Siraz during all my visits, had found him knowledgeable and a straightforward person. In case you are planning of taking your vehicle you can contact him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I visited Anant cars BG road, there are some good reviews about them
However, for all my regular service I take the vehicle to Anant cars on BG road, which is ~ 15 KM's from my place. Workmanship wise, I am satisfied with them. It is their delay in completing the work that irritates me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
I sense that engine performance isn't quite what it used to be, increased engine note, especially during startup.
MHawk's are supposed to be reliable for much longer runs than what you mentioned. Since your 50K service is coming up you can check on couple of other items also which could be the reason-
Air filter change - In case you have not done in 40K service.
Fuel filter change - Again, should have been done in 40K service.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 14:52   #3410
Senior - BHPian

My XUV is now over a year old and done 18500 kms. I recently faced another problem. When driving two days back, suddenly there was big vibrations and noise in the clutch and engine, at the same time engine braking was there with the knocks, it was varying with pressing of clutch.

After acceleration when I left the race paddle then there was knocking and grinding sound and lots of vibrations from clutch. I had to drive very slow and park at my house (luckily close at that time)

Then next day in morning I was planning to take it to service center but there is no big noise or vibration, only slight (But strange) vibration from clutch, especially when we start to release it. I though that would be difficult to explain to engineer so I waited.

Any one know what could that be?
Old 8th July 2015, 14:50   #3411
BHPian

Hi All,
I am unable to locate a post in this thread that mentions the 2-identical-dents defect that appeared on boot doors of some 2011 / 2012 XUVs, and what was the solution of that.
Can someone please help me locate the post where such was discussed? Or if not, can someone help me understand why it appeared and what was done about it by owners?

Thanks.
Old 11th July 2015, 02:00   #3412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajshreeM View Post
Hi All,
I am unable to locate a post in this thread that mentions the 2-identical-dents defect that appeared on boot doors of some 2011 / 2012 XUVs, and what was the solution of that.
Can someone please help me locate the post where such was discussed? Or if not, can someone help me understand why it appeared and what was done about it by owners?

Thanks.
I had this issue on my XUV and the service center will fix the dent and repaint the entire boot door. In this process, I remember they telling me that the glass has to be removed and refitted. I was against this entire procedure, so I requested to have the entire boot door and glass replaced.
Old 17th July 2015, 18:31   #3413
BHPian

One more niggle reoccurred after disappearing on its own a few months ago. When I switch front the wiper on, both the front and the rear wiper start to work.
Sometimes when the front wiper is engaged and the vehicle is being reversed the rear wiper automatically gets engaged. It kind of is logical that when the vehicle is being reversed if the front wiper is engaged, the rear one gets engaged automatically. Can someone shed some light on why it might be happening.
Old 17th July 2015, 19:15   #3414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
It kind of is logical that when the vehicle is being reversed if the front wiper is engaged, the rear one gets engaged automatically. Can someone shed some light on why it might be happening.
Its a feature, whenever your front wiper is engaged and as soon as you engage the reverse gear, that will activate the rear wiper. As soon as you disengage reverse gear, the rear wiper wont work.
Old 17th July 2015, 20:51   #3415
BHPian

I kind of guessed it must be a feature of the XUV. But the issue is that the same thing happens sometimes even when the reverse is not engaged. Both the wipers start working when only the front ones should work in gears other than reverse
Old 22nd July 2015, 19:41   #3416
BHPian

Am becoming more and more disappointed with the beast with every passing day! Turn indicator knob was not locking and kept falling back to normal position. Took the vehicle to Zulaikha Motors in Kilkattalai junction in Chennai. The service person said that the entire combination switch needs to be changed, and that it can be done on warranty. On taking delivery after replacement, found that the Auto-wiper was not working. On taking it back, they realised that they had fitted the combination switch for W6 model on a W8 vehicle. On getting the W8 combination switch fixed and taking delivery, the Hill Hold / Hill Descent warning light came on while driving. Again had to take it back and had to get it fixed. Not sure if its my luck, but my trips to service centers are never ending!

I have more problems to be attended to as well - Not sure if all of you are having similar problems as well:
1. The lid of the glove box on the dashboard wont lock properly - The underlying spring lost tension, and the only option to have it work is to replace the entire center console (This problem existed from Day 1 and i get to hear today that it cant be done on warranty, and that i need to pay for it). Escalated to customer care (Hopefully should get it done under warranty)
2. Noise when applying brakes in slow speeds - Guess this was supposed to be resolved in newer models (mine is Nov 2014, and this is unexpected)
3. Outside odor (smell) seeping in to the cabin, even when the AC is set in 'Recirculate' mode. This again is a prevalent problem looks like.

Will be taking the car again over the weekend / next week - Hopefully all these problems will be resolved, and i dont end up facing another set of issues.

In this whole process, i learnt that the smart ones go for a Toyota Innova! One of my friends indeed commented to me that, for the money i had put-in to buy an XUV, i should have rather bought an Innova for peace.

Not sure of the experience of you folks and tolerance levels to issues, but am just getting frustrated.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2015 at 18:33. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks! EDIT: Edited on request.
username is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 08:05   #3417
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the details they provided on the issues faced by the owners of XUV, I am going to be a new member of that club in a day or two and the information here has given me the confidence that I can tread this path. My current ride, a Scorpio CRDe SLX is going in for exchange after 9 years of trouble free service. Thanks you all.
gharika is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 10:14   #3418

A few weeks ago, while returning at night on a dim-lit state highway, my daughter commented that the left headlight's beam seems to reach farther than the one on the right. (I usually use auto-headlight).
Asked the service center (India Garage, Guindy) during my 10k service 2 weeks ago, and they projected the headlights on to some special wall (with crosses) and said it looked normal.
One of them said that XUV has a feature that the left headlight shows more light so that a driver can see the dim-lit left side of the road, while the right is slightly muted so as to not impact the oncoming traffic.
Is this true?
Old 26th July 2015, 11:58   #3419
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbv View Post
A few weeks ago, while returning at night on a dim-lit state highway, my daughter commented that the left headlight's beam seems to reach farther than the one on the right. (I usually use auto-headlight).
Asked the service center (India Garage, Guindy) during my 10k service 2 weeks ago, and they projected the headlights on to some special wall (with crosses) and said it looked normal.
One of them said that XUV has a feature that the left headlight shows more light so that a driver can see the dim-lit left side of the road, while the right is slightly muted so as to not impact the oncoming traffic.
Is this true?
The right side illumination is cut-off a bit so as not to dazzle the oncoming traffic. This is by design. When you project the lights on a wall nearby, you can clearly see the right side throw clipped at top. This is by design. Nothing to worry about.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 11:57   #3420
BHPian

Mahindra is replacing the infotainment units in the New XUV 500. Mine is a white W10 and I was one of the first to point out issues with the phone connectivity. Looks like there is a problem in the hardware. The unit is being replaced free of cost and software is being updated as well. Will post pictures of the process.
Diesel9999 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks