Italian HT 21 11.35%
Roplas HT 8 4.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 08:52   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avigo71 View Post
Thanks a lot for helping me Vishal, I think I have managed to allow for PMs & mail to come to me. Can you please try and let me know if it works.
Sent you the mail, please check you got the number.

BTW can you please upload some interior pictures as well.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:40   #107
BHPian

Re: The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Hi Tini,
Yes the top looks very nice in actual, the centre console is not from Mahindra this is also made by him.

Attachment 1169513
Is cup holder is deep enough for a bottle ? I'm very interested in the center console. Any information on pricing, availability and shipping?
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:39   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
Is cup holder is deep enough for a bottle ? I'm very interested in the center console. Any information on pricing, availability and shipping?
Hey,

That is not a cup/bottle holder there, the primary purpose of this console is to hide the mess around hand brake and give premium look. He have designed it to keep the height as low as possible so that there will be no issue while entering the rear seat, so no place for bottle holder.

However I will speak with him if he is thinking on any other idea for console.

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 2nd December 2013 at 12:41.
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:29   #109
BHPian

Avigo, your Thar looks amazing, stuff of dreams!. I was salivating throughout whilst scrolling through the pictures. Fantastic job man.
It is good to hear Mahindra is offering this customisation. Do you know if they do hard top customisations for older jeeps as well?.
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:55   #110
BHPian

Fantastic job Avigo. Looks awesome. Can you please inbox me the cost of HT,as i am also thinking of getting HT done for my thar. Right now the only options i have is performance HT or Bimbra HT.
Old 2nd December 2013, 16:04   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Avigo, your Thar looks amazing, stuff of dreams!. I was salivating throughout whilst scrolling through the pictures. Fantastic job man. It is good to hear Mahindra is offering this customisation. Do you know if they do hard top customisations for older jeeps as well?. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Fantastic job Avigo. Looks awesome. Can you please inbox me the cost of HT,as i am also thinking of getting HT done for my thar. Right now the only options i have is performance HT or Bimbra HT.
Thanks a lot Alphadog & rajamuneeb. I have given the contact details of Mahindra Customisation person in my post with the final pics. You can ask him your queries. He will give you better answers
Old 8th December 2013, 01:06   #112
BANNED

hi avigo great taste n a neat job with the entire jeep. from the ht to the fenders to the snorkel n the CFL suspension. Can you grade the ride quality with the CFL . Say with stock its 5/10 then with the CFL it would be ?/10.
Old 8th December 2013, 07:49   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlmtukkar View Post
hi avigo great taste n a neat job with the entire jeep. from the ht to the fenders to the snorkel n the CFL suspension. Can you grade the ride quality with the CFL . Say with stock its 5/10 then with the CFL it would be ?/10.
Thanks a lot.
The stock suspension is extremely hard & bumpy especially on an empty vehicle. I think it was designed for 5 people to sit at the back. I had driven with 4 people at the back & 2 in the front with the stock suspension and the ride was much better than what it is with only 1 driver in the car. Yet I would say that there was a typical stiffness to the ride yet it was bearable ( with 6 people) but at the same time, the ride felt 'loaded'. With the Carbon Leafs the ride quality is a different ball game! It makes the rear bumpyness & stiffness disappear all together. It makes the whole 'swing' very smooth, though the up down travel is much more than Independent Suspension. It's definitely a much much more comfortable ride than the stock. I had installed it just before I started work on the hard top so I had test driven with 5 people in the car , and the the beauty is that it behaves nearly the same with 2 or 5 people sitting in it.
So as far as the marks go, I would say that the original is 3/10 & the Carbon Leafs are 7/10.. That's more than twice the comfort!!
Old 8th December 2013, 22:09   #114
Senior - BHPian

If I need to be comfortable then I need to find a 300 Kg Iron slab and keep it in the rear of the Thar!
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 22:25   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
If I need to be comfortable then I need to find a 300 Kg Iron slab and keep it in the rear of the Thar!
Instead of this my simple logic tells me to maintain 30/28 PSI in rear wheels and 30 PSI in front wheels.

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 8th December 2013 at 22:27.
Old 8th December 2013, 23:19   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Instead of this my simple logic tells me to maintain 30/28 PSI in rear wheels and 30 PSI in front wheels.

Believe it or not I tried both options! Kept 5 weights 50kg and also tried keeping pressure as low as 25. Both worked to some degree, but the Carbon leafs are a different ball game altogether. You have to see it to believe the drive.
Old 9th December 2013, 17:44   #117
BANNED

thanks avigo. I believe they are from ARC industries. how did the pair cost you n where did u get them fitted ? how much did the fitting cost you. I got a quote of 2500/- to fit them from my local garage.!!!!
Old 9th December 2013, 20:18   #118
Senior - BHPian

Yes with Carbon fibre leaf springs the ride quality improves to a great degree. But they abrase and tear off. Not practical off road. What do you do if they break off road ?
If the MS leaf springs break one spring breaking will not strand the vehicle, you can come back on tarmac, purchase one and get any village mechanic to fix it even the truck leaf spring guy can fix it. But not the carbon fibre spring.

It doesnt suit my requirements.

As for Thar4x4 do you think I have not tried it ? I keep the tyre pressure at 28 psi digitally measured by the most accurate electronic tyre gauges possible. But it improves the ride just about 10 %

What do I store in the back ? Cartons full of Clay birds for skeet shooting and they are really fragile subject to breaking off on bad pot holed roads which seem to be everywhere.

Last edited by desertfox : 9th December 2013 at 20:21.
Old 10th December 2013, 00:21   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Yes with Carbon fibre leaf springs the ride quality improves to a great degree. But they abrase and tear off. Not practical off road. What do you do if they break off road ? If the MS leaf springs break one spring breaking will not strand the vehicle, you can come back on tarmac, purchase one and get any village mechanic to fix it even the truck leaf spring guy can fix it. But not the carbon fibre spring. It doesnt suit my requirements. As for Thar4x4 do you think I have not tried it ? I keep the tyre pressure at 28 psi digitally measured by the most accurate electronic tyre gauges possible. But it improves the ride just about 10 % What do I store in the back ? Cartons full of Clay birds for skeet shooting and they are really fragile subject to breaking off on bad pot holed roads which seem to be everywhere.
I have put the new ones with a thick rubber coating on it which is meant for off roading. Only time & a few rough rides will prove if they are tough enough.
Fingers crossed!

Meanwhile attaching pics of a little test with my Thar this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails
The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar-image1829548599.jpg  

The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar-image1039137797.jpg  

The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar-image649666649.jpg  

Old 12th December 2013, 08:22   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avigo71 View Post

Thanks a lot.
The stock suspension is extremely hard & bumpy especially on an empty vehicle. I think it was designed for 5 people to sit at the back. I had driven with 4 people at the back & 2 in the front with the stock suspension and the ride was much better than what it is with only 1 driver in the car. Yet I would say that there was a typical stiffness to the ride yet it was bearable ( with 6 people) but at the same time, the ride felt 'loaded'. With the Carbon Leafs the ride quality is a different ball game! It makes the rear bumpyness & stiffness disappear all together. It makes the whole 'swing' very smooth, though the up down travel is much more than Independent Suspension. It's definitely a much much more comfortable ride than the stock. I had installed it just before I started work on the hard top so I had test driven with 5 people in the car , and the the beauty is that it behaves nearly the same with 2 or 5 people sitting in it.
So as far as the marks go, I would say that the original is 3/10 & the Carbon Leafs are 7/10.. That's more than twice the comfort!!
I modified the rear suspension to a double D at the rear from New Mars in Hyderabad. The rear is bearable and the kick back from the rear when you go over hump is mostly gone. Now I need to find a decent rear seat mod.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks