Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2024, 19:26   #886
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Hello Friends

Need an advise. My Gypsy has just completed five years of ownership. I was lucky to get hands on same during last civilian dispatches till November 2017. It has clocked 25000 kms and modifications done is AC fitment and bigger shoes. Rest it is in stock condition. Though I always enjoyed the driving confidence it has given me, always felt that electrical system is little to weak.
I am thinking about bigger battery, alternator and related components.

Does it worth it? Specially I don’t want to change the original configuration of the vehicle as it may risk reliability.

Thanks
MM
MissionManali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 23:15   #887
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionManali View Post
Hello Friends

Need an advise. My Gypsy has just completed five years of ownership. I
hat electrical system is little to weak.
I am thinking about bigger battery, alternator and related components.

Does it worth it? Specially I don’t want to change the original configuration of the vehicle as it may risk reliability.

Thanks
MM
I would worry that some of these bigger more heavy duty components may put undue strain on the wiring harnesses. Saying that, please check on feasibility of sourcing the old Baleno Alternator and related components along with a bigger battery. That may solve for your requirement.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 23:15   #888

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwagon View Post
....... up based on the voltage difference between alternator output and a reference.
You have 03 choices;-
(1) Replace just the regulator circuit (Most prob you have a lucas unit in your BS3). A new one on BOODMO cost around 2K, cheaper alternatives are available for Rs 800 to 1000. Alternators are common for Zen, Esteem &..... .
Managed to get a Zen (mpfi) alternator of Denso make from JC road and it is a direct fit for my Gypsy

Before replacing the old Lucas-TVS alternator with the new/replacement one, I want to confirm the alternator-regulator terminals. As in the attached pic of the old and replacement alternator, it can be observed that the terminals are almost mirror image of each other and if I connect the existing wiring harness connector as-is to the replacement alternator, will it not flip the two terminals (marked in the image )??

In the replacement alternator which wire goes to 1 and which wire goes to 2.

Hope the question was clear.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-20240228_230544.jpg  

Cadence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 08:45   #889
BANNED

All my Thar Accessories - underbody plates and suspension parts and so on, are packed and secured in my Gypsy’s Cargo Bay. It is a perfect baby pickup truck. ready to drive to Mysore and drop off to my friend who will use all of these well. As a well designed compact yet LWB utility vehicle, only a pickup truck or small truck can beat a Gypsy.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_5981.jpeg  

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_5982.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 13:13   #890
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
All my Thar Accessories - underbody plates and suspension parts and so on, are packed and secured in my Gypsy’s Cargo Bay. It is a perfect baby pickup truck. ready to drive to Mysore and drop off to my friend who will use all of these well. As a well designed compact yet LWB utility vehicle, only a pickup truck or small truck can beat a Gypsy.

Quoting myself.
Mission accomplished today!. Left home at 545am. Drove peacefully along the Mysore Highway. Didn’t exceed 70-80kmph. Stayed in the left and middle lanes. Reached the rendezvous point at 0810. Met my friend. Had a solid brekkie. Trans-shipped all my Thar Accessories into his Innova from which he had removed all the seats to make a huge cargo bay. Parted ways. Left at 0930 and Drove straight back. Kept to 80-90 max. Middle lane mostly. Filled petrol near Ramnagaram. Stopped again for some work for half an hour in Hosur Road. Back home at 12 noon.

The bone stock non AC, non Power Steering, Nylon Tyred, soft top Gypsy is an admirable vehicle indeed. A real utility steed and work horse. Lovely vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_6003.jpeg  

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_5997.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks