Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2023, 15:00   #856
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Guys, Urgently require the left side sliding glass of the Hardtop. Someone broke the glass today. I am in Bangalore
Old 27th September 2023, 16:38   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, Urgently require the left side sliding glass of the Hardtop. Someone broke the glass today. I am in Bangalore
Have you tried Essarr on JC road.
Puneeth : 77953 64944

https://essarrautomotives.com/
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 16:41   #858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Have you tried Essarr on JC road.
Puneeth : 77953 64944

https://essarrautomotives.com/
The Essar guy has said no stock. However, Puneet says 1 week lead time. Waiting for response to place order.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 21:37   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The entire plate assembly moves along with the hub so no issues with contact during turning. Even my positive is a juggad..
Keroo, I am back with the same question as I had asked earlier.

I checked the pics you posted, but not able to figure out where does the remote end of the yellow wire go to in this pic:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-v...1&d=1663242406

We had removed the steering wheel today to try and use the horn patti that I had got from PartsBigBoss, but not able to figure out. Do check this rough drawing -

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-steering-gypsy.jpg

the copper plate which would have the +ve connection and the connector from the upper patti piece are at two different positions. So not able to figure out how this works esp when the steering is rotated - or I am missing something.

One other point to try your jugaad method is the quality of the patti that I got from PartsBigBoss - it's already rusting. The original Maruti one is actually good.

On another note, I was able to get the glass through Puneeth of Essar, and got it fixed today.

Last edited by condor : 4th October 2023 at 21:42.
Old 4th October 2023, 21:57   #860
BHPian

Quote:
]

The copper plate which would have the +ve connection and the connector from the upper patti piece are at two different positions. So not able to figure out how this works esp when the steering is rotated - or I am missing something.

One other point to try your jugaad method is the quality of the patti that I got from PartsBigBoss - it's already rusting. The original Maruti one is actually good.

On another note, I was able to get the glass through Puneeth of Essar, and got it fixed today.
The entire assembly rotates with the steering so contact isn't an issue, but to be certain I will open and re-check how my contacts are wired tomorrow.

Good to know you got the glass.
Old 4th October 2023, 22:17   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The entire assembly rotates with the steering so contact isn't an issue, but to be certain I will open and re-check how my contacts are wired tomorrow.
If I can trouble you a little bit more - can you please share pics of the far end of the wire also ?

Btw, where is the fuse for the horn ? I want to remove this before I try anything
Old 5th October 2023, 14:21   #862
BHPian

Quote:
If I can trouble you a little bit more - can you please share pics of the far end of the wire also ?

Btw, where is the fuse for the horn ? I want to remove this before I try anything
I tried removing the Steering to check what's happening behind but the stupid wheel won't come off the spindle, sorry.

I have a feeling the clock spring behind broke so this 'juggad' was done to get the horn working. One wire to positive (top) and the other to earthing (below).

As I said earlier, the whole assembly rotates with the wheel so something like a clock spring is required to maintain electrical connection when the wheel is turned. In my case the flexible wires act as the spring.

I took the liberty of using your pic to show the contact points. Hope this helps

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-condor.jpg
Old 5th October 2023, 15:54   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I took the liberty of using your pic to show the contact points. Hope this helps
Thanks. .. the point that you have marked in red is where the piece has broken. Now if I solder a wire there, where does the other end go to - is what I am trying to understand.
Old 5th October 2023, 16:21   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. .. the point that you have marked in red is where the piece has broken. Now if I solder a wire there, where does the other end go to - is what I am trying to understand.
I have a feeling it needs to touch the round part of the spindle for the circuit to be complete when you turn the steering. Align the part to the break point and see if so.
Old 8th October 2023, 18:05   #865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a feeling it needs to touch the round part of the spindle for the circuit to be complete when you turn the steering..
I removed the steering wheel today, and did some checks. I was able to figure out the connections, but struggling to understand where/how you soldered the far end of the +ve connection.

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_6519.jpg

The +ve supply comes through the copper strip - and via the lower surface of the metal ring (see purple arrow).

This would further be connected to the horn patti through the strip I broke in my steering.

You have soldered a wire - one to the patti. The other end should ideally go the upper surface of that metal ring. Is it where you had connected the far end ?

The other option I can think of is to get a copper/other metal conductive strip (yellow) and mimic the connector strip that I have broken. Of course, the patti end of this strip will need to be soldered. The far end of the strip would be on the upper surface of that metal ring (pointed with the red arrow).

Last edited by condor : 8th October 2023 at 18:14.
Old 8th October 2023, 18:35   #866
BHPian

Quote:
I removed the steering wheel today, and did some checks. I was able to figure out the connections, but struggling to understand where/how you soldered the far end of the +ve connection.

Attachment 2514626

The +ve supply comes through the copper strip - and via the lower surface of the metal ring (see purple arrow).

This would further be connected to the horn patti through the strip I broke in my steering.

You have soldered a wire - one to the patti. The other end should ideally go the upper surface of that metal ring. Is it where you had connected the far end ?

The other option I can think of is to get a copper/other metal conductive strip (yellow) and mimic the connector strip that I have broken. Of course, the patti end of this strip will need to be soldered. The far end of the strip would be on the upper surface of that metal ring (pointed with the red arrow).
I honestly don't know what happens behind the steering wheel. I have one wire soldered to the bottom Patti and one to the top Patti, and if you say the metal disc is +ve it means the top Patti is positive (pretty sure the broken bit is supposed to connect with the metal around the spindle) and the bottom plate is earthing.
Old 14th October 2023, 20:41   #867
Senior - BHPian

Gypsy king SGP parts

I have the following GYPSY King OEM SGP(Suzuki genuine parts) which were orderd wrongly for MG410 and hence not of use. If anyone needs please pm.
1.Warm Air Hose-13840-83011
2.Air Cleaner outlet Hose-13881-83011
3.Air cleaner Element-13780-83000
the parts are brand new (unused) in original packing and Made in Japan.
Old 14th October 2023, 21:34   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Gypsy king SGP parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
@Ajay, is that the air filter ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 22:08   #869
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Gypsy king SGP parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
I have the following GYPSY King OEM SGP(Suzuki genuine parts) which were orderd wrongly for MG410 and hence not of use. If anyone needs please pm.
1.Warm Air Hose-13840-83011
2.Air Cleaner outlet Hose-13881-83011
the parts are brand new (unused) in original packing and Made in Japan.
SGP - Air Filter. Can I have it?
Been looking for the SGP one.
But if Condor’s need is greater Im good with that too.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 22:21   #870
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Shankar. Was thinking of 2 & 3 there. Not sure if the first will be of use. Waiting for Ajay to respond

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks