Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2013, 19:12   #631
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Reading posts before replying DOES help.
Old age creeping up :(

Quote:
On request I said, on request from any normal Joe or Premium Joe. Hope you clear now.
I feel its nonsense, if its in the package, why not offer it ahead instead for waiting for a request?

My gut feel, its a classic grey area and 3M does not have it covered under normal wash and is at shop's discretion to offer or not. 3M would have it under standard procedure for underbody coating. Again this is just a guess.

Quote:
Sure will do. Likewise, can you check if there is no underbody washing policy really?
Will definitely check and update in a week or two, when i take the Swift for the wash.

Quote:
When people defend the store and judge my posts as rants, I think I too can do some judging.
I would never term it as Rant. As i mentioned earlier anyone is entitled to a good and bad review. Infact bad reviews are more important so that the community benefits.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 19:13   #632
Team-BHP Support

For the guys who had issues with the work, just asking if you guys asked Sidhu or Pradeep to rectify the work done till your satisfaction.

Whether it is 3M store HSR or any other detailing store, no one I see delivers the quality of work that I am expecting. There's always a spot left somewhere or the other.

The part about this store is that they redo the work till you are satisfied and not till they are satisfied. Some places flatly refuse if you tell them can you please use a clean cloth, or please apply polish to the tyres. I went for a basic polish a few weeks back and asked for some white patches to be removed from the black plastic trims. They were promptly removed.

Some of the stuff they missed out is glaring and they need to look into fixing this for future customers but my only advantage is that they listen and redo any work that is incorrect.

I was one of their earliest customers with my Figo for sunfilm. The guy who fit the film left a small air bubble in the back left window. I went there 2 days later and showed it to Siddhu. He could have done a temporary fix by removing the air bubble. Instead he peeled off the entire film in front of me and asked the guy to put a new piece.

In comparison my Altis which was done by another shop had small scratches during installation. I wasn't happy but was told that small scratches will happen near the corners during fitting.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 19:30   #633
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
ct. I was one of their earliest customers with my Figo for sunfilm. The guy who fit the film left a small air bubble in the back left window. I went there 2 days later and showed it to Siddhu. He could have done a temporary fix by removing the air bubble. Instead he peeled off the entire film in front of me and asked the guy to put a new piece.

This I agree with 100%. The exact same courtesy and service was accorded to me in my Yeti on account of two places where air bubbles had formed. All I did was go back and show the problem to them when I noticed it, which was a few days after the installation. I appreciate that care and handling they gave me very much indeed.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 19:40   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This I agree with 100%. The exact same courtesy and service was accorded to me in my Yeti on account of two places where air bubbles had formed. All I did was go back and show the problem to them when I noticed it, which was a few days after the installation. I appreciate that care and handling they gave me very much indeed.
Yes, this is commendable and ANY 3M store across the country would do the same. They are not supposed to puncture the air bubble and iron out the film like the sticker walas do.

And that is exactly why we pay a premium for the same film which is available for lesser outside 3M. 3M stores give warranty for bubbles and peel-off.

In fact, two of my sun-films were replaced on 2 different occasions at 3M, Chennai. No questions asked, I just showed them the bubbles. You can see a reference to the same in my ownership thread as well.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 19:44   #635
Senior - BHPian

I have visited 3m at HSR twice. There was a long gap between visits and my car's colour also changed. They do a pretty decent job. But worth the money? Nope. Simple thing a good detailing job takes min 6 hours. And they turn around faster than that. Thanks to availability of sealants waxes and polishes. I am building up my tool kit and no shop can beat the results I am getting. For the money they charge u can get a pretty decent kit and would last a long time.
kutlee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 19:46   #636
Team-BHP Support

My example of the sunfilm was not specific. It was more general to any of the services offered by them.

Secondly, I guess I'm a bit detailed about all this stuff, but I don't walk out of the store till I examine every part of the work done whatever the time. There's no point in going home finding out the car was not clean and bringing it back the next say to show the area they left out.

QC from store manager maybe done everywhere but my QC is what matters to me if I am spending the money.
Old 4th November 2013, 20:34   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My example of the sunfilm was not specific. It was more general to any of the services offered by them.
Good for you.

Quote:
Secondly, I guess I'm a bit detailed about all this stuff, but I don't walk out of the store till I examine every part of the work done whatever the time.
Not everyone is blessed with the time and patience to do that, and it is my bad that I trusted this store to give me the best.

Quote:
There's no point in going home finding out the car was not clean and bringing it back the next say to show the area they left out.
I cannot be peeping under the car and checking it out on the road on my knees where it was parked as it came out of the ramp after the wash, and I was told it was ready.

Let's say you were in a hurry and overlooked and later find out some defect. I am sure you won't be happy, if you are sane enough. You just cannot justify lapses like these saying that there is no point! It clearly is not a one-off case as you can see through the last few pages.

I noticed this after I parked at my place, with the front wheels turned to the left. I did not intend to do a QC at all firstly. Later I checked the other wheel wells and took the pics posted then!

Quote:
QC from store manager maybe done everywhere but my QC is what matters to me if I am spending the money.
Yes, and I have the liberty to have my QC at my will and pleasure, while I expect the store to give me what I have paid for in the first place.

Why is it that few members are never able to digest an unbiased review? All they want is rosy storylines, is it?

Last edited by DRIV3R : 4th November 2013 at 20:35.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 20:45   #638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yes, and I have the liberty to have my QC at my will and pleasure, while I expect the store to give me what I have paid for in the first place.

Why is it that few members are never able to digest an unbiased review? All they want is rosy storylines, is it?
Stuff like the wheel well. It will become dirty by the time you reach the ORR from the shop. So QC at home wont be of any use.

For stuff like wash, after 2 days, the car is same as it was before the wash so again no point in taking back after 2 days.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 21:00   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stuff like the wheel well. It will become dirty by the time you reach the ORR from the shop. So QC at home wont be of any use.
I knew this conspiracy theory would come up.

Let me re-post just couple of pics.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130916_160805aa.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130916_160819aa.jpg

Now, pray tell me what kind of tyres would cause dirt to be sprayed in this irregular pattern? I run 195/60 R15 BTW!

I think I know to differentiate between fresh slush and ones that have dried up, I drove in peak traffic for hardly 3 kms and there was no rain or anything that day. It was dry. That is just plain half-baked effort at cleaning, from the pics.

I think it is not a necessity for me to prove myself to nay-sayers and people who are hell bent in defending the store just because of you know what.

I have made my points and am out of this party!
DRIV3R is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 21:05   #640
Senior - BHPian

Let me put certain points as blunt as it could be.

1. My civic had gone in for an interior cleaning to this shop a few years back. Feedback is available in this thread itself.

2. There was a serious mess up with my dials, which had stains of the solution they used for interior cleaning. While the store manager had no clue how to clear that, he was courteous and owned up the issue to the extent of changing the dial for me. I flatly refused that and finally he could get some of his "experiment" work for me.

3. But I had given a feedback to only them at that point and never wrote about it for many reasons. The feedback was about the brush they had used which left strand of hair standing out from the otherwise combed finish of my civvy's roof material. The brush had left scratches on the plastic interiors like door openers and switches, and also had left my H emblem on the steering peeled off the chrome.

I never had the time nor patience for any rectification, and I only wanted the dial to be stain free.

Looking back at my car today, the hairs on the roof which are out due to the wrong brushing are a real dust magnet and my roof started turning black due to the accumulation of dust. I can honestly say, if I had not have opted for that interior cleaning it would have been a different story. Also when I see the faded emblem on my steering I regret my decision to have ever gone in for this stuff.

3M or not, premium or not, getting it right first time is the matter. Owning up and redoing doesn't help always and everyone, even though it may be a honest attempt.

Will I go back again? The answer is a big NO for me.

This is just my personal opinion and my own experience.

Sorry if I have hurt anyone or any fans with my words. I do not wish to discuss about this painful experience anymore.
laluks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 21:15   #641
Senior - BHPian

Sweet talk or willingness to own up mistakes is not going to win me over when I am paying through the nose, but a spic and span, spotless, blemish free car surely is..
3M HSR should refocus from volumes to quality before it is too late.

Last edited by poloman : 4th November 2013 at 21:17.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 21:22   #642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I knew this conspiracy theory would come up.

Let me re-post just couple of pics.

Attachment 1161976

Attachment 1161977

Now, pray tell me what kind of tyres would cause dirt to be sprayed in this irregular pattern? I run 195/60 R15 BTW!

I think I know to differentiate between fresh slush and ones that have dried up, I drove in peak traffic for hardly 3 kms and there was no rain or anything that day. It was dry. That is just plain half-baked effort at cleaning, from the pics.

I think it is not a necessity for me to prove myself to nay-sayers and people who are hell bent in defending the store just because of you know what.

There's no conspiracy theory and I'm not even talking about your specific example. I am not asking for you to prove yourself so I would suggest you stop taking things personal.

I am generalising again with no specific example to your case.

I told you how I am and if others are not like that, I am not out there to change that.

It's unfortunate that their service was not upto the mark and I clearly said they need to fix the issues of the customers who are unhappy. There's no 2 ways about that.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 21:29   #643
BHPian

Quote:
I

I completely agree with your experience. I have been there a couple of times, and both of the times I came out completely disappointed. I have mentioned these experiences in this tread itself. I never found them any better than other washing facilities, only you get a better reception and better surroundings.
Ravindra M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 21:36   #644
Team-BHP Support

Good to see all the negative feedbacks also come out. But all this got me thinking, is there a worth while alternative which can be justified monetarily also in Bangalore? Ofcourse i can do a better detailing on my own, and have done it also. But in this busy life of mine is it practical? I guess not.

I have tried many of the services available around, i have tried many vehicles at 3M HSR too. From all "my" personal experience, its most bang for the buck spent. From door step maruti van guys, local paint shop, professional paint shop to private detailer chaps i still rate 3M HSR best VFM and for the net outcome. Are they best 5**** rated thingy, definitely not! Its a commercial business driven by volumes, NOT on salivating drools.

Have they cheated me? No.

Do i trust them? Yes.

Will i recommend it to others? Yes.

Service levels? B+ to A.

And it is at the end of the day service delivered by people, and it might and can vary on satisfaction. If not the whole IT/ITES business would not exist? would it? But as long as it is owned up and rectified reasonably, i still would go with it.

Am i fan boy, have to admit now its difficult to live without their service. Addicted maybe??? :P

Cheers
Jaggu
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 21:40   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone mentioned about being a TBHPian or not, service is the same, and I dont think so. Havent wrote much about the experience anywhere, but I am kind of neutral about the place. Neither I would like to rant nor am I a diehard fan of their services. My WagonR was attended to excellently by Pradeep when I took it for a sealant programme. Though it was brand new, it had a lot of roughness due to dust particles that had settled down and wouldnt go. This was duly noted down and they promised to remove it.

1. Foam wash was done, including engine bay and wheel wells. Not sure about how good wheel wells were washed as the car was two days old. But the jet did seemed to be strong and some amount of mud was removed. Observed that they put the MF towel on the ground, blasted it with the water jet to clean it. If that is their SOP, I have no comments. After that they took the towel and scrubbed the foam. I havent dropped any of my MF cloth down till date. Car was dried using the same towel.

2. They started polishing the car with the buffing machine. Then I reminded them about the roughness. The entire car was clayed and the roughness was gone. The machine polishing resumed. But they seldom did it in detail. Detail ie, they just liberally ran the machine across panels. I excused this on the grounds that the paint surface was still new and it did not require any buffing.

3. This was followed by application of sealant which was also quite fast but yes they did cover the entire area in detail. The plastic areas were also dressed well.

4. I have an eye for detail and hence I started feeling each of the panels by hand. Found out that the bonnet and roof was not clayed and I called Pradeep. He instructed the guys to repeat the job. I was happy.

End result was really good, The car looked better than how it was on delivery day. This was because I introduced myself to Pradeep saying I am a TBHP member. Seeing the work done on the WagonR, a few days later my dad had taken the SX4 on the way back from work for a quick wax or wash. Frankly, it was not needing any serious detailing as the car has been taken care of in a good way and from day one it was washed in a gentle manner. So he was interested in a wash and wax. It was around 3PM in the afternoon when he went there. They insisted on going for the paint sealant programme which we did not want at that moment as we thought it would be done at a later stage. They even agreed to start working immediately and deliver it by 6-7PM. But since my dad refused, and insisted on a Wash and wax(Powershine) IIRC, he was told that he would have to wait. After one hour, there was no sign of any response and my dad had to return disappointed.

Dad is as interested as I am when it comes to cars and he had missed the detailing work on the WagonR and hence he went there himself to see some of their handiwork on the SX4, but he had to return after a useless wait. Also, there was no mention about TBHP by him. I think that does play a major role. That was the last time I thought of going there. I have to say that their costs are VFM no doubt. So is the quality of work. Only grouse is that it differs from situation to situation, person to person. Also, I feel they should get things right the first time rather than acting upon feedback. Just my feedback to them.

Will I go there again? YES, a trip is planned to give some TLC to my SX4 which turned five, but this time with a TBHP sticker
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks