Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 11:49   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Do these guys or anyone else in Bangalore do fabric seat covers? I'm interested in getting a material very similar to the OEM fabric (like you do on any sub 10l hatchback).

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 1st March 2018 at 11:50.
Old 9th July 2018, 09:39   #167
BHPian

Folks, I had got Art leather seat covers from Imperial Leathers in July 2015.
I am here to report that after 3 years of daily usage, the seat covers have held up really well.
Not a single stitch has come out, no damage to the outer layer, no fading, tight and snug fit as day 1.
It has turned out to be a very wise decision, though I had to commute from Whitefield, definitely worth the effort.

Every time I give the car for service, I am asked by the SA, where did I get the seat covers from.
I have recommended the shop to a few colleagues as well.

The quailty to price ratio has left me impressed. Also, the professionalism of the owner, Shiv is praiseworthy.

PS - I am in no way associated with Imperial Leathers. I am a very satisfied customer.
drive2eternity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 10:56   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Do these guys or anyone else in Bangalore do fabric seat covers? I'm interested in getting a material very similar to the OEM fabric (like you do on any sub 10l hatchback).
Visit Car Shringar on JC Road, Bangalore, they stock "Elegant" brand fabric seat covers for most of the popular hatchbacks and Sedans. I have purchased seat covers from them for many of my previous cars, they sell genuine products.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 11:00   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Visit Car Shringar on JC Road, Bangalore, they stock "Elegant" brand fabric seat covers for most of the popular hatchbacks and Sedans. I have purchased seat covers from them for many of my previous cars, they sell genuine products.
Would vouch for Elegant when it comes to Fabric seat covers and also Fabric floor mats.

They are indeed of good quality as I can see it in one of my cars that has lasted beyond a decade now. Even when I was searching for Elegant seat covers for a friend's Manza last year, Car Shringar was one (or the only one) authorized seller of Elegant products as per their website.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 19:37   #170
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

I need to get good quality steering cover (leather) for 2 of my cars. Any recommendations around east Bangalore area (Whitefield, Marathahalli, Indiaranagar)?

Thanks in advance...
Old 16th September 2018, 19:42   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
+1 to the point by Parag. I have Elegant seat covers in my Storme, 5 years now.

You can check the designs on their website Elegantauto.in. Many accessories shops here have samples. If you select a design, you could even ask the accessories shops in Mys to get it for you ( they are manufactured in their Uttrakhand factory. Only the fitting is here).
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 12:51   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Hello all,

I need to get good quality steering cover (leather) for 2 of my cars. Any recommendations around east Bangalore area (Whitefield, Marathahalli, Indiaranagar)?

Thanks in advance...
Please do visit J.C Road on the weekend and get it done by Devaraj, got mine done from there and it feels good every time I drive my car. The quality of work is worth the time you would need to travel there.
psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 12:45   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Please do visit J.C Road on the weekend and get it done by Devaraj, got mine done from there and it feels good every time I drive my car. The quality of work is worth the time you would need to travel there.
Thanks for the tip Got one of the cars done by Nagraj (his brother) and the workmanship is as close to OE as possible (probably better) Have posted pics on relevant thread.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 12:25   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks for the tip Got one of the cars done by Nagraj (his brother) and the workmanship is as close to OE as possible (probably better) Have posted pics on relevant thread.
Great, happy I could be of help to choose the right guy
Old 12th October 2018, 12:31   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I have been exploring idea of buying the "Elegant" seat covers online at Amazon. Any opinions on quality and fit? These are retailing online for around 8K. The description says "Elegant Fabguard Beige Fabric Car Seat Cover"
Old 12th October 2018, 13:02   #176
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for providing the elegant link. Even Amazon has all their wide range of covers. I like if it doesnt have heavy foam. It makes it lose the contours of the existing seats and the feeling of sitting 'in' instead of 'on'.
Old 15th October 2018, 18:40   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Any opinions on quality and fit? These are retailing online for around 8K. The description says "Elegant Fabguard Beige Fabric Car Seat Cover"
The fit and finish is very good, have been a regular user of Elegant brand from 8 years.
Old 4th November 2018, 16:12   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Folks, I had got Art leather seat covers from Imperial Leathers in July 2015.
I am here to report that after 3 years of daily usage, the seat covers have held up really well.
Not a single stitch has come out, no damage to the outer layer, no fading, tight and snug fit as day 1.
It has turned out to be a very wise decision, though I had to commute from Whitefield, definitely worth the effort.

Every time I give the car for service, I am asked by the SA, where did I get the seat covers from.
I have recommended the shop to a few colleagues as well.

The quailty to price ratio has left me impressed. Also, the professionalism of the owner, Shiv is praiseworthy.

PS - I am in no way associated with Imperial Leathers. I am a very satisfied customer.
Hi,
I want to get seat covers for my I20 and this looks like a good option. One question though, how to they fit the seat covers?many makers glue it to the seat or put a stitching in the seat to hold the seat cover. I am strictly against any sort of damage or alteration to the OEM seats.

Last edited by adutta2k : 4th November 2018 at 16:14.
adutta2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 17:42   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Ditto. My TUV seat covers still look great and apart from some very minute fraying at the edge of the driver seat, everything else is fabulous. Even the steering grip feels very good and its been almost 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
strictly against any sort of damage or alteration to the OEM seats.
I would suggest you stay away from imperial in that case. Please check this post for more details of the process. They strip away the OEM cover and only then "suit up" your seats. They dont use anything to piece or damage the seats as the covers are all tight fit and only need minimal stitching/pinching from the outside. Would suggest you talk to shiva, go there and take a look at how it's done before you invest.

Disclaimer: not in any way associated with Imperial leathers.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 20:20   #180
Senior - BHPian

I had a question regarding the material that is used by seat cover manufacturers - is it the same as OEMs give you in the top end models? I assume no car under 10l gets real leather anyway so I wasn't sure if the quality and type of material as well as the workmanship are comparable.

I'd like to know if the seat covers by Imperial and similar places are as good after prolonged use as OEM options.

Most Viewed