Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2019, 17:49   #181
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I had a question regarding the material that is used by seat cover manufacturers - is it the same as OEMs give you in the top end models? I assume no car under 10l gets real leather anyway so I wasn't sure if the quality and type of material as well as the workmanship are comparable.

I'd like to know if the seat covers by Imperial and similar places are as good after prolonged use as OEM options.
We got the seat covers done for our Figo at Imperial.
They had many options to choose from (Art/PU/Nappa/Italian etc) and Mr. Shiv there clearly tells you how long each is expected to last.
We didn't want real leather so went for the PU leather and customized the design. It goes very well with the red colour of the car and the black interiors
After two and half years (with the last one year seeing the car being used every day), I'm happy to say that the covers have held up really well.
I don't know if its the same stuff used by OEMs but I can say that they are of good quality.

Few pics below.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20160625_114101.jpg
Two months after they were fitted.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20181007_173639.jpg
In Oct this year (almost two and half years later). The colour appears different from the first image. But its just the lighting. The colour hasn't faded a bit.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20181007_173609.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20181007_173539.jpg
Design customized for us. Really like the way Mr. Shiv went through various designs and amalgamated them into this.

Overall I'm a happy customer and I recommend this place.
arijitkanrar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 18:59   #182
BHPian

I am in the process of breathing new life into my 8 year old SX4. Have been getting some mechanical issues addressed and decided it was time to do something about the seat covers too.

I had bought the same from Imperial (Shivakumar), exactly 4 years back and decided it may be a good idea to pay him a visit again.

Went there last Saturday and met Shiva. He immediately recognised his work and we both discussed the next steps.

This is where I was floored by his honestly.

My car typically has only me driving to work on a daily basis and the family during the odd trips. This meant there was hardly any wear and tear on the rear seat and minimal on the front seats. Shiva, was quick to recommend that we change only the front seat covers.

This was impressive. Here he had a customer who was willing to pay and change all seat covers (I expected him to say, don't chance it, go for an overall change, get a new look, etc). He asked me how long I intended to keep the car and then said let's change the front covers only.
Cost was half the full set. Will post the pics post the fitting this weekend.

Hope to have more such people who suggest what is possibly the best in a given situation rather than focus only on profit maximisation.

Last edited by rakirank : 2nd January 2019 at 19:01.
rakirank is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 21:36   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
This meant there was hardly any wear and tear on the rear seat and minimal on the front seats.
Any reason to change the front seat covers if the wear and tear was minimal? Would love to see pictures of how they held up after 4 years, if you have any.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 16:52   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Any reason to change the front seat covers if the wear and tear was minimal? Would love to see pictures of how they held up after 4 years, if you have any.
Hi, I think the pictures will tell the story better.

The old seat covers (the first three pics below)
The rear seat that was not changed (third pic)

The new ones were almost the same colour (fortunately) (last pic).

As usual, Shivakumar gave me a time slot and his team was able to complete the change in one hour flat.

Happy to see the new seat covers along-with the other repairs. It definitely puts a smile back on my face, when I drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-old-seats.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-old-seat.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-rear-seat-old.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-new-seats.jpg  

rakirank is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 11:11   #185
Senior - BHPian

Question to customers of Imperial Leathers:

Will they be able to customise seat covers with harder/firmer material, which provides better support for drivers with back pain/ back issues? While most people look for softer material/leather, I prefer the seat back to be firm providing good support for upper and lower back.

Will they be able to customise seat covers to meet this requirement? Has anyone successfully had these sort of firmer covers made?
Old 21st April 2019, 18:39   #186
Senior - BHPian

Paid a visit to Imperial Leathers over this weekend to get the seat covers done for my new Honda City. I had already chosen the material and design the earlier weekend, and was given an appointment this weekend. The whole process took an hour and fifteen minutes, much shorter than the two hour estimate given to me earlier .

The process was very smooth and the method of work, communication and end result was very clean and professionally done. Behavior and politeness of Mr.Shivakumar, the owner was also very good, something which is extremely important for me.

Extremely happy with the final results , and will highly recommended the place to people looking out for well done upholstery work, which does not cost an arm and a leg. Given the quality of work and attention to detail, the costs were very reasonable.

I did not want anything fancy, and was looking for a simple, elegant and understated look which will age well. A few pics are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20190421_183116919.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20190421_183105867.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-_img_000000_000000.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 21st April 2019 at 18:42.
arindambasu13 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 11:57   #187
BHPian

Got my seat cover done yesterday.
Cost: 16K (Original leather was 42K)
Material: Montana art leather
Steering: Original leather
Colour : Black (I wanted Tan, wife wanted black)

We went to Imperial leather on Saturday and placed the order. Mr. Siva is nice humble person. Spent time on answering our questions. Finally we decided on Montana art leather perforated version.
He was kind enough to provide genuine leather steering cover (maybe cos we did not negotiate on the cost)

Asked us to come on Tuesday and get the fitting done. They removed the original seat cover and installed the new ones. Fit and finish is quite good.
After driving sometime realised how breathable the fabric seats are, I could not spend 5 min without AC.
The support is way better in new seat cover compared to old fabric. I hope this stays on for long. I wanted Tan, but was concerned it may either look tacky or great, black was the safer option (wife's option) so went ahead with it.
We thought about genuine leather but felt as I am the only one in car for 80% of the time, it's too expensive so went ahead with Art leather.
Pics of the work done.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-wip.jpg
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-front-seat-solo_reduced.jpg
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-front-seat-2_reduced.jpg
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-rear-seat_-reduced.jpg
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-sterring.jpg
aniyo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 00:02   #188
BHPian

Nice it is. Did they remove the steering while installing the cover? Many vendors remove the steering. Few can do without removing.
Old 21st March 2020, 05:19   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Nice it is. Did they remove the steering while installing the cover? Many vendors remove the steering. Few can do without removing.
I believe the general approach is - remove steering wheel if car does not have air-bags. If air-bags present, then do it in place.
Old 21st March 2020, 09:47   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I believe the general approach is - remove steering wheel if car does not have air-bags. If air-bags present, then do it in place.
It depends on the design of the steering and how you want the cover to look like.

If you want OEM finish in such a way that it covers all spokes then you need to remove steering. Here's the pics from Imperial flickr account.

Ertiga without removing steering wheel:
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-49608150297_923ca33481_c.jpg

Ertiga with steering wheel removed:
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-49366807666_798b3598c8_c.jpg

Honda City with steering wheel not removed:
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-49354401778_5c54d808fd_c.jpg

Honda with steering wheel removed:
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-49263754592_ec4e560e00_c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131859219@N02/
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 17:51   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It depends on the design of the steering and how you want the cover to look like.

If you want OEM finish in such a way that it covers all spokes then you need to remove steering.
This was very helpful. I will pay him a visit sometime next week. Would like to get it done without removing the wheel.
Old 16th September 2020, 14:58   #192
Team-BHP Support

My Altis steering wheel was getting worse for wear and with lockdown and car being parked for a month the steering and gearknob were covered in fungus and mould. Was a sight for sore eyes.

Called up Shivakumar (Imperial owner) and he said he can do it like OE finish. Pictures speak louder than words.

Before:
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200916-13.56.49-1.jpeg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200916-13.56.49.jpeg

After:
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200916-13.30.59.jpeg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200916-13.57.03.jpeg

Was 2.5K for steering and 400 for gear lever.

The steering wheel was removed but the Corolla steering is easy to open using an Allen key on the side.

Perfect quality and even the colour matches well. Impossible to make out this is not OE.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th September 2020 at 15:17.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 23:01   #193
BHPian

Laura TSI Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

I've been waiting to get the work done on my Laura TSI seats and door pads. The pads covering has become loose, a common issue with Lauras.

So, I've caught up with Shivakumar, to discuss the plan of action. As Laura almost always came with leather seats, they did not have a reference in place. This meant they would invest a full day or more to make the work happen, to full satisfaction. We agreed on the date, and the game was on.

Let the pics do the talking.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200930-10.18.50-pm-2.jpeg

The colour choice was based on the Laura TDI automatic, which came with black seats. I loved them.

Btw, now, they do have a reference, for other Laura works!
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200930-10.18.50-pm-1.jpeg
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200930-10.18.50-pm.jpeg
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200930-7.47.25-pm-2.jpeg
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200930-7.47.25-pm-1.jpeg
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200930-7.47.25-pm.jpeg
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20200930-7.47.23-pm.jpeg

As usual, the engagement by the owner is superior. He gives and appointment, reminds you about the same, keeps you posted on the work and follows up for feedback. Great going!! I sincerely wish some of our car dealers and service centres do the same
WhiteKnight is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 18:54   #194
BHPian

Re: Laura TSI Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
I've been waiting to get the work done on my Laura TSI seats and door pads. The pads covering has become loose, a common issue with Lauras.
I too want to fix the door pads and thinking of adding seat covers. May i know howmuch you paid for this whole work?
Old 2nd October 2020, 21:07   #195
BHPian

Re: Laura TSI Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
May i know howmuch you paid for this whole work?
Is it for Laura? I assume it is, looking at your garage. Beautiful colour!!!.

Price will vary per car and material used. Mine was 20k with premium art leather called montano. It is a bit risky with art leather, as it is difficult to get the fit on the door pad.

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 2nd October 2020 at 21:09.
WhiteKnight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed