Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 2nd January 2019, 17:49   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I had a question regarding the material that is used by seat cover manufacturers - is it the same as OEMs give you in the top end models? I assume no car under 10l gets real leather anyway so I wasn't sure if the quality and type of material as well as the workmanship are comparable.

I'd like to know if the seat covers by Imperial and similar places are as good after prolonged use as OEM options.
We got the seat covers done for our Figo at Imperial.
They had many options to choose from (Art/PU/Nappa/Italian etc) and Mr. Shiv there clearly tells you how long each is expected to last.
We didn't want real leather so went for the PU leather and customized the design. It goes very well with the red colour of the car and the black interiors
After two and half years (with the last one year seeing the car being used every day), I'm happy to say that the covers have held up really well.
I don't know if its the same stuff used by OEMs but I can say that they are of good quality.

Few pics below.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20160625_114101.jpg
Two months after they were fitted.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20181007_173639.jpg
In Oct this year (almost two and half years later). The colour appears different from the first image. But its just the lighting. The colour hasn't faded a bit.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20181007_173609.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20181007_173539.jpg
Design customized for us. Really like the way Mr. Shiv went through various designs and amalgamated them into this.

Overall I'm a happy customer and I recommend this place.
arijitkanrar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 18:59   #182
BHPian

I am in the process of breathing new life into my 8 year old SX4. Have been getting some mechanical issues addressed and decided it was time to do something about the seat covers too.

I had bought the same from Imperial (Shivakumar), exactly 4 years back and decided it may be a good idea to pay him a visit again.

Went there last Saturday and met Shiva. He immediately recognised his work and we both discussed the next steps.

This is where I was floored by his honestly.

My car typically has only me driving to work on a daily basis and the family during the odd trips. This meant there was hardly any wear and tear on the rear seat and minimal on the front seats. Shiva, was quick to recommend that we change only the front seat covers.

This was impressive. Here he had a customer who was willing to pay and change all seat covers (I expected him to say, don't chance it, go for an overall change, get a new look, etc). He asked me how long I intended to keep the car and then said let's change the front covers only.
Cost was half the full set. Will post the pics post the fitting this weekend.

Hope to have more such people who suggest what is possibly the best in a given situation rather than focus only on profit maximisation.

Last edited by rakirank : 2nd January 2019 at 19:01.
rakirank is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 21:36   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
This meant there was hardly any wear and tear on the rear seat and minimal on the front seats.
Any reason to change the front seat covers if the wear and tear was minimal? Would love to see pictures of how they held up after 4 years, if you have any.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2019, 16:52   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Any reason to change the front seat covers if the wear and tear was minimal? Would love to see pictures of how they held up after 4 years, if you have any.
Hi, I think the pictures will tell the story better.

The old seat covers (the first three pics below)
The rear seat that was not changed (third pic)

The new ones were almost the same colour (fortunately) (last pic).

As usual, Shivakumar gave me a time slot and his team was able to complete the change in one hour flat.

Happy to see the new seat covers along-with the other repairs. It definitely puts a smile back on my face, when I drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-old-seats.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-old-seat.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-rear-seat-old.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-new-seats.jpg  

rakirank is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 11:11   #185
BHPian

Question to customers of Imperial Leathers:

Will they be able to customise seat covers with harder/firmer material, which provides better support for drivers with back pain/ back issues? While most people look for softer material/leather, I prefer the seat back to be firm providing good support for upper and lower back.

Will they be able to customise seat covers to meet this requirement? Has anyone successfully had these sort of firmer covers made?
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 18:39   #186
BHPian

Paid a visit to Imperial Leathers over this weekend to get the seat covers done for my new Honda City. I had already chosen the material and design the earlier weekend, and was given an appointment this weekend. The whole process took an hour and fifteen minutes, much shorter than the two hour estimate given to me earlier .

The process was very smooth and the method of work, communication and end result was very clean and professionally done. Behavior and politeness of Mr.Shivakumar, the owner was also very good, something which is extremely important for me.

Extremely happy with the final results , and will highly recommended the place to people looking out for well done upholstery work, which does not cost an arm and a leg. Given the quality of work and attention to detail, the costs were very reasonable.

I did not want anything fancy, and was looking for a simple, elegant and understated look which will age well. A few pics are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20190421_183116919.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20190421_183105867.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-_img_000000_000000.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 21st April 2019 at 18:42.
arindambasu13 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote