Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-184.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4515653)
Is this car delivered?

Production Date: 26.03.2018
Delivery Date: 31.05.2018

Chassis No.: MALC841CLJM059972
Engine No.: G4FGJU387160
Model ID : ACCENT/VERNA(HCI)
Model Year : 2018
Engine : G 1.6 MPI

Thanks Anurag. No I'm yet to book the car, but seriously thinking about taking the plunge. At least the dealer has been truthful about it being a March 2018 manufactured car (he told me the same upfront). I really want a black or red colored Verna but unfortunately, none of the dealer seem to have any in stock, except this single piece.

Should I go for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator (Post 4515662)
Thanks Anurag. No I'm yet to book the car, but seriously thinking about taking the plunge. At least the dealer has been truthful about it being a March 2018 manufactured car (he told me the same upfront). I really want a black or red colored Verna but unfortunately, none of the dealer seem to have any in stock, except this single piece. ?

Truthful part aside, why is it showing as delivered? Is this a demo or TD vehicle?

Have you done the PDI?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4515673)
Truthful part aside, why is it showing as delivered? Is this a demo or TD vehicle?

Have you done the PDI?

That's interesting! SHowing as delivered means it is delivered (registered) to someone? Means, a new car would not have a delivery date otherwise? Now I'm curious.

I have not booked the car yet, so any insights would be immensely helpful. Really don't want to be cheated (and being a member of TeamBHP, still getting cheated would be doubly embarassing :Frustrati )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator (Post 4515675)
That's interesting! SHowing as delivered means it is delivered (registered) to someone? Means, a new car would not have a delivery date otherwise? Now I'm curious.

I have not booked the car yet, so any insights would be immensely helpful

Being a fairly fast selling car, can't really understand why this particular car is sitting with the dealership from April/May. Was it invoiced to someone but delivery not taken or is a Demo car, can't really understand.

I'll say wait for another car and leave this. Not worth it IMHO. Any other dealership in your city?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 4140459)
[center][b]

While this is a quick way of decoding just the year and month, Ford have made available an online tool that decodes a VIN to provide much more information about their cars, called the FordEtis tool.

Using the FordEtis site is very simple: [list=1][*]Visit the URL https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

This site is not working. IS there any alternate similar site for Ford VIN's in India?

All - Need a quick piece of advice here. I have booked a Hexa last week and the delivery date is the 1st week of January. The dealer shared the VIN number and it indicates it is manufactured in Sept. Upon questioning, he mentioned he does not have control over what TATA sends. Is it ok to take a car that is 3 months old or should i insist i need the current month. He mentioned the December mfg models are not sold this year. Please let me know what i need to be watchful about here.

Hi,

Can anyone help me decode the following VIN:

WBA8T3708JBA34887

Thanks in advance! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 4517389)
WBA8T3708JBA34887

Is this a blue 3 series GT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4517396)
Is this a blue 3 series GT?

Yes. Can you help with details? I tried a couple of sites without luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 4517408)
Yes. Can you help with details? I tried a couple of sites without luck.

Can you check this link below:

https://decoder.bvzine.com

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-screenshot_20181225020132.jpg

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-screenshot_20181225020148.jpg

WBA8T3708JBA34887.pdf

PS: Open image in a new tab for better readability.

@a4anurag, from which website did you decode the VIN? I am trying to decode the VIN for a Hyundai Creta booked by my friend. He has been given a 17 digit VIN and the car is yet to reach the dealership from factory. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4515698)
Being a fairly fast selling car, can't really understand why this particular car is sitting with the dealership from April/May. Was it invoiced to someone but delivery not taken or is a Demo car, can't really understand.

I'll say wait for another car and leave this. Not worth it IMHO. Any other dealership in your city?

Quote:

Originally Posted by altius (Post 4518947)
@a4anurag, from which website did you decode the VIN? I am trying to decode the VIN for a Hyundai Creta booked by my friend. He has been given a 17 digit VIN and the car is yet to reach the dealership from factory. Thanks.

You can decode the Hyundai VIN from here: http://service.hyundai-motor.com/euro5/login.tiles

You would have to register an account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by altius (Post 4518947)
@a4anurag, from which website did you decode the VIN?

Sorry for the late reply, somehow didn't get the notification for the quoted post.

To answer the question, I use the same link as given by Vikalp. I've registered myself there hence can decode the VIN.

Hello Lads,

Please help me decode this VIN: MCA11884517076181KEZ of Abarth Punto.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 4523567)
Please help me decode this VIN: MCA11884517076181KEZ of Abarth Punto.

Here is what I could get so far:

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-screenshot_20190108032059.jpg