Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 08:30   #4066
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
I did not install safecam. Installed transcend drivepro 250 and it is a fit and forget type.
Looks like a non nonsense value for money Dashcam.
Thinking of going in for one.

Given the immense features that car manufacturers provide , I wonder why none of them give a Dashcam out of the box inbuilt.
I guess because it could be tied with a lot of liabilities in case the Dashcam fails to perform in the event of a mishap. So they just want to steer clear of any liability.

Last edited by Fillmore : 30th August 2022 at 08:33.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 10:07   #4067
BHPian

XUV 700 AX7L Dashcam Recording only 10 mins video in Loop

Yesterday evening , something of grave concern to the traffic police and civil society was taking place at the flyover (a stunt of bike and cars together).
While I was passing through , instead of recording this video on phone (for reporting) , I relied on the inbuilt dash cam of the XUV 700 L .
Later, upon checking the recordings , to my surprise , the dash cam was recording only 10 mins video in loop and no other clip were present in 'General Video' category.
When I switched to 'Emergency Recording' section, I found 100s of clips stored here of random timings from last six months.
But not the last hour clipping I wanted my car to record.
I have 32 GB memory card installed in the car .

While I understand that the videos saved in the ER section won't be overwritten in cyclic recording , is there a way to avoid recording too many emergency videos and thus keeping the memory card space free for general videos ?
Old 30th August 2022, 12:04   #4068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post

XUV 700 AX7L Dashcam Recording only 10 mins video in Loop

Yesterday evening , something of grave concern to the traffic police and civil society was taking place at the flyover (a stunt of bike and cars together).
While I was passing through , instead of recording this video on phone (for reporting) , I relied on the inbuilt dash cam of the XUV 700 L .
Later, upon checking the recordings , to my surprise , the dash cam was recording only 10 mins video in loop and no other clip were present in 'General Video' category.
When I switched to 'Emergency Recording' section, I found 100s of clips stored here of random timings from last six months.
But not the last hour clipping I wanted my car to record.
I have 32 GB memory card installed in the car .

While I understand that the videos saved in the ER section won't be overwritten in cyclic recording , is there a way to avoid recording too many emergency videos and thus keeping the memory card space free for general videos ?
Reduce G-Sensor sensitivity of your dashcam and it will be good.
Old 30th August 2022, 12:07   #4069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Looks like a non nonsense value for money Dashcam.
Thinking of going in for one.

Given the immense features that car manufacturers provide , I wonder why none of them give a Dashcam out of the box inbuilt.
I guess because it could be tied with a lot of liabilities in case the Dashcam fails to perform in the event of a mishap. So they just want to steer clear of any liability.
Yes it is a no-nonsense one. Fit and forget types.

Car manufacturers might not give a dashcam probably due to official accountability of privacy breach due to video recording. May be to prevent a situation where One fine day someone sued these manufacturers for recording them.
Old 30th August 2022, 17:39   #4070
BHPian

Bought the 70mai A800s. Completed a DIY installation. Working as advertized.
But I have one major question.
How do you combine the little 3 min clips into one long video?

Sorry if this question has been discussed earlier. A pointer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 30th August 2022, 21:09   #4071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Bought the 70mai A800s. Completed a DIY installation. Working as advertized.
But I have one major question.
How do you combine the little 3 min clips into one long video?

Sorry if this question has been discussed earlier. A pointer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
You can use software like Vivavideo or Inshot to do this.
normaltusker is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 23:12   #4072
BHPian

Great.
So this looks like it is for mobile based merging.
What if I want to use my PC or Mac to merge downloaded 3 min clips from my dash cam? Any pointers on proven software?
Old 30th August 2022, 23:41   #4073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
This is the kind of poor quality/experience I was weary of when I was considering buying this. Anyone else facing this issue at the moment?
Attachment 2342396
Facing the same issue, it just freezes on start screen , you need to kill the app and relaunch like 15-20 times and you might get lucky.

DDPAI iOS app is absolute crap and I’ve mentioned the same earlier in this thread.

I use my Wife’s android to access the app.
Old 3rd September 2022, 15:06   #4074

I did quite a bit of reading of almost all posts on Dashcams on Team-BHP and also did quite a bit of research online. Thanks everyone for sharing your views and experiences on the forum.

Post a lot of research, i zeroed in on a lesser known/ talked about Dashcam ie the IROAD X11. This is a korean make and is one of the cams in the premium segment. Am a person who likes to avoid Chinese products largely due to their unreliability, i do not mind spend the few extra bucks when a choice is available.

While Thinkware and Blackvue are super premium and out of reach, i personally feel that Viofo and IROAD are good VFM products. Pls do note Viofo is a Chinese product but is reliable and extensively sold in the European markets. IROAD is largely focussed in the Asian markets ie Japan, Singapore, Australia, Hongkong and over the last year or so available in India.

I got this fitted today on both my i10 and XL6 and the quality seems pretty good. License plates clarity is good, the app for iphone is intuitive and easy to use and it records in segments and hence easy to pick the videos you require. Will share more on user experience over the next few days.

If there are other users of IROAD, would like to hear from them too.

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 23:51   #4075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulmohars View Post
If there are other users of IROAD, would like to hear from them too.
Hey, please post some pictures. Also how much did you pay for it? Asking all this as I haven't heard of this brand. Using Viofo since ever. Would be great if you could share a night time clip, will help in comparing with my Viofo. Also, where is this manufactured?
Old 3rd September 2022, 23:57   #4076

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Hey, please post some pictures. Also how much did you pay for it? Asking all this as I haven't heard of this brand. Using Viofo since ever. Would be great if you could share a night time clip, will help in comparing with my Viofo. Also, where is this manufactured?
While I will send images in a couple of days, please feel free to visit their website iroad.co.in and check out the X10 and X11 models. I bought the X11 models. The site has the pricing as well. The device is manufactured in South Korea. There are loads of videos online as well but let me send you mine as well soon.
gulmohars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 11:06   #4077
BHPian

What do you guys use for SC card ? I'm currently relying on a Samsung Evo Plus 128GB V3 sdxc card for Viofo 129 Pro Duo. But it seems to barely hold few hours of video and I don't knownhow durable it maybe.
Thinking to replace with Sandisk Extreme but want to look at other choices too.
Old 4th September 2022, 11:13   #4078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
What do you guys use for SD card ? I'm currently relying on a Samsung Evo Plus 128GB V3 sdxc card for Viofo 129 Pro Duo.
Had been using Samsung Evo 64 GB since the beginning for Viofo A119 and A119S.

Quote:
it seems to barely hold few hours of video and I don't knownhow durable it maybe.
In my case, it has never ditched. Touchwood. Regarding your recording time, check this.

Quote:
Thinking to replace with Sandisk Extreme but want to look at other choices too
Using this for A229D. Viofo recommended me Sandisk and told me specifically not to go for Samsung one although I was happy with Samsung. Go for the maximum size recommended as 129 Pro records 4k, naturally file size would be higher than 2k ones.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 12:13   #4079

A video on dashcams from Linus Tech.

shri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 21:22   #4080
BANNED

Can someone recommend a good front and rear dashcam for vw polo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks