Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 19:50   #31
BHPian

re: Android Head-Unit in my VW Polo GT TSI

Thanks for the very informative thread. You have a very neatly integrated audio system there. I am sure Android will be the quintessential system for auto a couple of years from now The sound quality may not be up-to the mark. I guess this is because of manufacturers trying to save every possible penny. They cant mess with the processor, RAM or display as the majority of the crowd would then plainly discard their system. But a lower quality sound processor wont be everybody's concern.
karuvally is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 04:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

In some interesting news, I am attempting a Custom Firmware install in this head unit tomorrow. SO much progress has been made today, and the whole shebang that comes with Rooting a device is now going to hit me like a wave. The possibilities are endless. Here's an idea of the ROM going in tomorrow.

Quote:
What is added, changed remotely:
1. In the embedded firmware ROOT, worth Manager for ROOTa SuperUser (SU) (perfectly refreshed from Play Market), busybox.
2. It includes the modified /etc/install-recovery.sh
3. Section for systems with 1 GB of programs increased to 2 GB
4. Added an application for Internet radio PCRadio
5. Added a new section in the Settings-Screen, where you can set the screen saver, such as clock and when you click the Enable button in the panel Screensaver you have the entire screen is highlighted and will be visible only large clock, clicking anywhere on the screen will return to the desktop.
6. Added CHROME latest stable version
7. Added File Manager ES File Explorer
8. Added File Manager Root Explorer
9. Added Titanium Backup
10. Added ® Xposed. You will need to enter the program and activate Xposed framework (be sure to reboot the device)
11. Added the latest at the moment XposedMTC. You will need to first run the program Xposed Installer itself framework (see paragraph 10) and activate it XposedMTC section Modules (required reboot the device)
12. Remove the standard Musik.apk (worth systemic MTCMusic)
13. Deleted by Chinese and Japanese keyboard.
14. the latest version of Google Play and Google Play Services
15. the latest version of voice search Google NOW
16. Fixed Time Zones
17. Added to System Settings- -Manage traffic. Where you can enable, disable, change the color display in the curtain traffic notifications.
18. Added to Settings-System-density screen. Where you will be able to establish a suitable density of your screen. My recommendations set 180 dpi
19. Added to the Settings menu Startup.
20. Changed the style and design of the system
21. Added a button in the notification curtain to shutdown, reboot, reboot into rekaveri. By briefly pressing the screen goes out (if you do not have the hardware back button is better not to press briefly) If you press and hold it for 2-3 seconds, then will shut down menu screen where you can make a quick reboot, complete restart or reboot in rekaveri.
22. Added to shut down menu section Record screen. Now you can record video on what you are doing on the screen, you can stop the recording in the curtain notifications. Adjust the recording quality on and off-switch on the sound from an external microphone is in the Settings-Screen-Recorder screen.
23. Replaced and redid all the permits under the regular music player to version 3 to version 5 with the latest firmware.
24. Added brightness adjustment in shutter notifications
25. Added panel programs curtain notifications. Configure or disable it in the settings-system-Quick Access Toolbar.
26. Changed the style and layout settings.
27. Added animation keystrokes.
28. Hours are enlarged and shifted next to the button is turned off.
29. Changed switches.
30. Added a circular side panel (Doc Bar) Right App Circle Sidebar. You can configure it in the Settings-Applications Sidebar. I recommend it to increase the thickness of the trigger, the better to press on her finger.
31. Added a new section in the Settings-Data, where you can view all the traffic and the use of set limit its use.
32. When you first load a curtain notifications will be no clock. If you want them to go there appeared to Settings-System-style setting clock and date and there can enable-disable-change the color, location, size, font style, add the date, date format, and so on.
You can set your date format, an example of writing
dd / MM / yy
MM / dd / yy
yyyy-MM-dd
yyyy-dd-MM
dd-MM-yyyy
MM-dd-yyyy
MMM dd
MMMM dd, yyyy - will appear as February 1, 2015
MMMM dd, yyyy
EEE
EEE dd
EEE dd / MM
EEE MM / dd
EEE dd MMM
EEE MMM dd
EEE MMMM dd - will be displayed as the sun FEBRUARY 01
EEEE MMMM dd - will appear as Sunday February 01
EEEE dd / MM
EEEE MM / dd
That is how you want to change the letters in writing, and will display the date. Customize the date format in the format user-JAVA
34. By default, the screen density of 180 dpi is set
35. Fixed a mute setting press the screen (have not been switched off)
36. The equalizer settings completely redesigned for screen resolution of 180 dpi
37. Updated all additional software to the latest versions.
38. Fix GUI
39. Reworked almost all full-time program under all permits including programs such as
Launcher2mtc3
MTCATV
MTCAVIN
MTCBackView
MTCBlueTooth3
MTCCanbus
MTCDVD3
MTCMovie3
MTCMusic3
MTCRadio3
MTCTravel3
MTCWeather
The Setting.
40. Added to Settings-System-Remote system applications (now possible without having to install additional software to delete system applications directly from Settings)
41. Added to Settings-System-Animation pop-up notifications. Look on Youtube https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=EV5nrC0HHSA
42. ​​Added to Settings - System - Management gestures. Now you can draw anywhere gesture on the screen (which you have set in the settings) and run, what you have specified. You can run almost everything ... even hidden in the system, applications, shortcuts, everything from Tasker, etc. More clearly look at the Youtube https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=m0uom2WXw-4
43. subtracting twice the regular volume control and made him taking away almost immediately after the increase or decrease the volume.
44. Posted in Settings - Modem settings and the APN
45. Added change the font size settings
46. Change the whole style and design popups
47. Added button in the screensaver shutter notifications
48. Reworked the entire section in the Settings responsible for WiFi. For best performance, WiFi recommend to go to Settings-WiFi-Advanced Settings and disable the optimization WiFi.
49. Fixed a graphical interface system (the color in some programs were displayed incorrectly)
50. Reworked dimmer in curtain notifications.
51. Added to Settings-System-Modification Buld.prof (for experienced users only !!!)
52. Added to Settings-Information section, where you can immediately see how much is left of free space, the size of all partitions in the system (System, Data, SD card and USB drive)
53. Added to Settings-screen-scrolling animation.
54. Added to Settings-System-defined weather, which can include opt-weather curtain and notifications in the status bar at the top. Before you go there, you must include setting a specific location by GPS.
55. instead included in the firmware program MTC Service
56. True Contacts for calls via Bluetooth. if you have a phone on Android, we do import your contacts to the memory card, then transferred to our State this file to the internal memory, go to True Contacts and do already export contacts.
57. Errors in SystemUImtc, led to the departure notifications curtains etc. inclusion of temperature through kanbas.
58. Factory settings (password 126) completely redesigned from the latest firmware for RK3188, where new items have been added, and now do not have to restart the SU reset, reboot will be automatic (after your approval) see the screenshots:
59. Added to Settings-Screen-Ad Blocking.
60. Added to Settings-Display-Download Center, where you will, for example, can download the modules you need for Xposet.
61. Reworked and Education section of the Palette button
More on this, tomorrow.

In other news, be prepared to be blown away, guys! SUPER NERDY audio install coming up!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...oid-twist.html

Last edited by frankmehta : 14th November 2015 at 04:33.
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 08:17   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
In some interesting news, I am attempting a Custom Firmware install in this head unit tomorrow...
Awesome! Looks like a cool update with many nice features. Looking forward to your experience.

I have a few features in my wishlist. Can you check if these are possible with the new firmware, or some geeky hack?

1. The door open indicator on the screen lasts only for a few seconds. Can this be made to be permanently overlaid on the screen till all the doors are closed?

2. The mute button on the steering wheel only mutes the audio. The song continues play in the background. In RCD510 or the RCD320, while playing a song through iPod, SD Card, USB or CD, the mute button pauses the song. On unmute, the song continues to play from the same location. Can this be enabled in the Android HU?

Also, in case the custom firmware turns out to be buggy, is there a way to go back to the original firmware?
Old 14th November 2015, 15:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Head-Unit in my VW Polo GT TSI

Android Head-Unit in my VW Polo GT TSI-20151113_230551_001.jpg

Poweramp running on the unit.
It fetches album art and track info on the go from the Internet!
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 15:41   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Awesome! Looks like a cool update with many nice features. Looking forward to your experience.

I have a few features in my wishlist. Can you check if these are possible with the new firmware, or some geeky hack?

2. The mute button on the steering wheel only mutes the audio. The song continues play in the background. In RCD510 or the RCD320, while playing a song through iPod, SD Card, USB or CD, the mute button pauses the song. On unmute, the song continues to play from the same location. Can this be enabled in the Android HU?

Also, in case the custom firmware turns out to be buggy, is there a way to go back to the original firmware?
Ganesh, you can use the Car Service App and define the Mute button to stop playing the music. I have tried it and it works.

Here is the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1179

One can always flash the stock firmware by going in recovery mode.

To improve your mic quality:
Further on your BT module in Factory Settings (126) go to Application and check the type of BT module selected. By default it would be on BT:WQ-BC6B. Try changing it to BT:WQ-BC6. Post which the clarity of the mic should improve. I suspect the same to work even on the stock mic.
Jamsukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 07:13   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsukh View Post
Ganesh, you can use the Car Service App and define the Mute button to stop playing the music. I have tried it and it works.

Here is the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1179
Hi Jasmukh,

I installed the Car Service App, and this has much better controls. I was able to configure the system to pause on mute. However, there is one problem. The service does not start on boot up.

When I open the Car Service app, in the opening screen, I enable the SWC/MUSIC option, like in picture below.
Android Head-Unit in my VW Polo GT TSI-img_20151115_065250304_hdr.jpg

In the settings, I have enabled "Start service on boot" option. However, when I turn off the system and turn it on, the service does not start. When I open the app, I see that the SWC/MUSIC option has become "OFF". Is there something else I need to do for the App to remember the settings and automatically start?

Last edited by graaja : 15th November 2015 at 07:36.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 11:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jasmukh,

I installed the Car Service App, and this has much better controls. I was able to configure the system to pause on mute. However, there is one problem. The service does not start on boot up.

When I open the Car Service app, in the opening screen, I enable the SWC/MUSIC option, like in picture below.
Attachment 1439625

In the settings, I have enabled "Start service on boot" option. However, when I turn off the system and turn it on, the service does not start. When I open the app, I see that the SWC/MUSIC option has become "OFF". Is there something else I need to do for the App to remember the settings and automatically start?
Ganesh, I have observed that the Car service app takes sometime to start after the unit has started and doesnt start immediately. Possibly check if that is the case. Coz else it always used to start in my case. I have removed this app and installed the RK3066 app that you had installed earlier hence am unable to guide you right now. Will check again though. Plus now like Frank I have installed the Malaysk Firmware and this unit is now altogether a totally different beast! Would highly recommend for installing it.
Jamsukh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 13:50   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsukh View Post
...Plus now like Frank I have installed the Malaysk Firmware and this unit is now altogether a totally different beast! Would highly recommend for installing it.
Thanks Jasmukh.

I found the Malaysk firmware in xda-developers web page. There are so many versions listed with various resolutions. Which one should I download? Is it the latest 3066 (17th October 2015), 1024x600 resolution?
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 13:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

It's the 3188. Don't make the mistake of installing 3066, graaja
Old 15th November 2015, 13:59   #40
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a lot, Frank. My policy - "When in doubt, ask!". Do not want to brick the HU

So, I should download 3188, 1024x600 resolution, right?
Old 15th November 2015, 14:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, Frank. My policy - "When in doubt, ask!". Do not want to brick the HU

So, I should download 3188, 1024x600 resolution, right?
That is correct Ganesh. This is the one on the page:

NEW from 18 October, 2015
Only for RK3188 1024X600
Jamsukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 14:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yes. For sure reference, we have a Rockwell RK3188 processor. And our screens, if ordered from the same link as I did, are 1024 * 600 resolution.
Old 15th November 2015, 20:37   #43
BHPian

Hello fello Bhpians,

I own a 2012 Jetta comfortline model. It has a very basic head unit and does not even come with bluetooth function. I was searching for replacement head unit and decided on Dynavin and almost bought from vagtune, Bengaluru. Then, on casual browsing came upon this thread. Thanks a lot for fellow bhpian Frank for introducing this wonderful head unit. Now, am seriously considering this head unit for my Jetta.

Will this HU be a direct plug and play in my car or will it need any modifications?

This is the HU came with my car.
Android Head-Unit in my VW Polo GT TSI-20150913_151548.jpg

Fellow Bhpians please advice.
Old 15th November 2015, 20:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Yes. It will be a direct fit without any modification. Even stock speakers will work . Even optical parking system will work with this head unit . Go for it!
Old 15th November 2015, 21:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

Do they have something like this for my 2012 Fortuner which comes with a very basic system?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks