Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 17:59   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Head-Unit in my VW Polo GT TSI

Wonderful D-I-Y graaja. Is it possible to have a split screen view on this unit?

Say, split the screen between 2 apps?
Old 23rd November 2015, 21:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.flapps

Something like this...
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:49   #63
BHPian

Question to the members who have rooted this HU and installed custom ROM: Do we have an option to screen lock the unit? as in we do it on our regular cell phones, either PIN or pattern?
For now I am enjoying the stock firmware, but it's important for me to have this security feature to restrict HU operation when it's in service center. I have had terrible experiences on my previous car audio system. I am thinking of even disconnecting this HU before sending the car for service, if custom ROM gives that option I might upgrade it during coming weekend.
Old 5th December 2015, 20:21   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

One last question before i order this--

Can you change songs from steering wheel when the music is playing off your phone bluetooth?

Also @moderators i think it will be a good idea to move this to DYI subforum.
Old 6th December 2015, 14:09   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
One last question before i order this--

Can you change songs from steering wheel when the music is playing off your phone bluetooth?

Also @moderators i think it will be a good idea to move this to DYI subforum.
Yes you can change the songs from the steering wheel keys for the music played off your phone bluetooth. You might not get the complete playlist though.
Jamsukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 15:55   #66
BHPian

Just curious, what happens to the warranty on the cars with these HU's assuming no wires were cut or disturbed?
Old 8th December 2015, 00:46   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guys,

will this 8" Unit fit, sorry for so many questions, but have been doing some research around. 2 GB ram sounds enticing and so does the 8" Screen.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...504264998.html
Old 8th December 2015, 22:03   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Hi Guys,

will this 8" Unit fit, sorry for so many questions, but have been doing some research around. 2 GB ram sounds enticing and so does the 8" Screen.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...504264998.html
It will fit but send a picture of your existing unit to the seller and get a confirmation. I bought an 8" Newsmy unit because of the extensive dev support on XDA.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newsm...231860924.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Newsmy_CarPad
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 01:16   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
It will fit but send a picture of your existing unit to the seller and get a confirmation. I bought an 8" Newsmy unit because of the extensive dev support on XDA.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newsm...231860924.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Newsmy_CarPad
Thanks a lot, i have sent the pic to the dealer. I would have also bought this but the Shipping seems to be at higher side and also add to it customs. I am sending the one above to HK and a friend is carrying it back, so free shipping and no customs.

Will finalize as soon the dealer says it will fit, can easily go around the stock look of the car system, as a matter i would want the car to look anything but stock, adds to the uniqueness of the car

Last edited by AtheK : 9th December 2015 at 01:20.
Old 11th December 2015, 19:40   #70
BHPian

Hi graaja,

Could I ask your help on couple of of points? I too had bought an android head-Unit for my Ciaz. The wiring seems to be more or less the same.

I am unable to use the steering mounted connection for accepting and disconnecting the calls. The volume control, mode and the rest of the steering mounted controls are working fine. How did you manage the connections for the same?

Were you able to connect the cars existing USB port, In my case the cars USB connector does not plug into my Android head unit. If you were able to connect could you please let me know how you did it?

Regards
Old 11th December 2015, 20:58   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
Hi graaja,

Could I ask your help on couple of of points? I too had bought an android head-Unit for my Ciaz. The wiring seems to be more or less the same.

I am unable to use the steering mounted connection for accepting and disconnecting the calls. The volume control, mode and the rest of the steering mounted controls are working fine. How did you manage the connections for the same?

Were you able to connect the cars existing USB port, In my case the cars USB connector does not plug into my Android head unit. If you were able to connect could you please let me know how you did it?

Regards
Hi PhiGolden,

The bluetooth function to accept and disconnect calls worked out of the box for the Polo. The HU that I have installed comes with a CAN controller that takes care of this. Not sure how the steering wheel control is managed in Ciaz.

For USB, I do not use USB for audio. I have loaded the song library in the SD card. But the HU comes with USB cable adaptor to which you can connect USB cables. This adaptor cable plugs into one of the connectors on the rear side of the HU.
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 21:48   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi PhiGolden,

The bluetooth function to accept and disconnect calls worked out of the box for the Polo. The HU that I have installed comes with a CAN controller that takes care of this. Not sure how the steering wheel control is managed in Ciaz.

For USB, I do not use USB for audio. I have loaded the song library in the SD card. But the HU comes with USB cable adaptor to which you can connect USB cables. This adaptor cable plugs into one of the connectors on the rear side of the HU.
Hi graaja,

Mine too has a CAN controller, Some how the call handling buttons alone is not working. The seller says and I quote " did you connect our unit key1 and key2 lines to your car's steer wheel lines? if you connect them, all will ok" I am unable to decipher the coded language above. If you are able understand what this means could you please advice me?

Regards,
PhiGolden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 23:27   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
Hi graaja,

Mine too has a CAN controller, Some how the call handling buttons alone is not working. The seller says and I quote " did you connect our unit key1 and key2 lines to your car's steer wheel lines? if you connect them, all will ok" I am unable to decipher the coded language above. If you are able understand what this means could you please advice me?

Regards,
Hello PhiGolden. What the vendor might be referring is that in many cars in absence of canbus connection, the key 1 and key 2 wires are connected to send out the steering wheel buttons based signals to the unit. The same then needs to be programmed in the setup under the steering wheel keys option.
Jamsukh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 13:28   #74
BHPian

Those who are facing FM radio quality issues, please connect the BLUE wire from the FM Adapter to the BLUE wire (ANT+) in the main power cable.

This FM radio connector comes with inbuilt FM booster which requires 12V power. After this connection, FM radio quality is same like RCD320. I have cross checked the same with Seller also.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Head-Unit in my VW Polo GT TSI-radioadapter.jpg  

msiva75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 13:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. This is just amazing. But i have very very good radio reception and it's possible my installer has already done the needful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks