Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 11:37   #46
DNM
BANNED

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hi!
I own a 06' Maruti Suzuki WagonR Primea.
I was thinking of changing the centre dashboard by interchanging the position of the A/C controls and the music system.
WagonR Primea has the old dashboard, which has its A/C switches and controls just below the vents and the space for the music system is given below.
Newer cars have it vice-versa. I was thinking of doing the same.
Is it possible? If it is, does it involve major changes, that can lead to any other dis-advantage in driving or any other spec?
Hoping to get it done in 2-3 months.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

First ask at your A.S.S. whether they can help changing the centre dash to the new type. May be costlier than DIY, but they are likely to do a better job. The A/c / /airflow control knobs, which connect via cables to the flap-gates in the ducting, *may* need new cables to do their job.
Old 16th February 2011, 21:21   #48
DNM
BANNED

But wont asking the A.S.S. getting this stuff done make my warranty go void?
It gets really tough to look down and change the music while driving.
I will inquire with the A.S.S. and get back to you!
thanks a lot, DerAlte.
Old 6th March 2011, 16:58   #49
Team-BHP Support

The Aux-In Female pin of the in-dash music system of my I10 AT has gone broke. When I called Hyundai, they its aKenwood make and asked me to check with their service center in Koramangala. When I called them, they mentioned only the HU with aux and USB is their system and not the one which has only Aux (As the case in my i10).

I went back to Hyundai (Advaith dealer) and put forward this issue. They say they will remove the HU give the same to Hyundai, who will get back with the fix after a week or two. Till then the car has to run with a hole (without the ICE-BOX).

My doubt: Is it that big a deal? Can't some one open it up and replace?

Anyway there is not warranty on this.

Last edited by ampere : 6th March 2011 at 16:59.
Old 7th March 2011, 13:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

On definitely can. Is the Aux-in socket brought out at the end of a cable, or is mounted on the body?

In either case, it would require a competent person to replace the socket after opening up the HU.
Old 7th March 2011, 23:05   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
On definitely can. Is the Aux-in socket brought out at the end of a cable, or is mounted on the body?

In either case, it would require a competent person to replace the socket after opening up the HU.
The Aux in socket is on the body. So are you suggesting that I just go to local Auto Peripheral shop and get corrected? Will a shop guy do it?

Can you please some place (Bangalore) where I can get it done?
Old 7th March 2011, 23:12   #52
BHPian

Need advive on Safari ICE

HI Guys

I am also planning to upgrade ICE of my Tata Safari. I am planning to go for Infinity REF6530CS components rated 90 W rms at 2 ohm. I am also planning to go for Infinity REF1260W sub rated 300 W rms at 4 ohms. I am planing to power all these with single 4 channel JBL GT5-S644 amp.

Now my plan is to power the front components through two channels of the amp and bridge the rest two to power up the amp. Since I am no audio techie, I would like the Gurus to enlighten me as to how do I go about matching impedance/resistance/bridging channels etc. If you thing the amp is inadequate then please suggest me another but the amp budget is restricted to 8000 Rs. Is JBL 1004 available still? Its not listed in the site.

Also I would like to install the front components in the doors without any metal cutting. Is it possible with the said components? Gurus can suggest some other also. I am not sure if Safai door can accomodate 6 or 6.5 inch components. Also is it required to go for damping for the damping.

Since I live close to Delhi (300 km- Gwalior), any good installer to get it done neatly.

Thanks in advance..
Happy Motoring..
Old 8th March 2011, 20:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need advive on Safari ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
... Can you please some place (Bangalore) where I can get it done?
Oooh, that is difficult. The guys who can dismantle and remount the OE HU cannot do the soldering, and the ones who can solder cannot do the unmounting / mounting well. Try the following:
* TMC Electronics, on the East End Road in Jayanagar near Carmel Convent. Ask for Venu (he is kureti on the forum)
* EVO, Cambridge Road in Cambridge Layout (in front of Ranka Apartments)

Once unmounted, it should be fairly easy - locate the pins of the Aux-in RCA socket. Get an RCA socket, preferably a gold-plated one, from SP Lane near City Market, and good stiff single core shielded wire meant for microphones (just a short piece of 6" will do). Solder the shield to where the body of the socket is connected, and the core to where the center pin is soldered. Similarly solder the shield to the body pin of the new socket, and the core to the center pin. Insulate the bottom part of the new socket.

Remember to glue the cable to the metal body with holt-melt glue so that it cannot be pulled off.

If one can get the exact RCA socket, then one can desolder the old one (using desoldering wick or a desolring pump to clear the old solder), drop in and solder the new one, thus avoiding the cable part. See if you can get the exact part, which is likely to be with right-angled pins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
... Infinity REF6530CS components rated 90 W rms at 2 ohm ... Infinity REF1260W sub rated 300 W rms at 4 ohms. ... 4 channel JBL GT5-S644 amp.

...matching impedance/resistance/bridging channels etc. If you thing the amp is inadequate ... amp budget is restricted to 8000 Rs. Is JBL 1004 available still? Its not listed in the site.

... install the front components in the doors without any metal cutting. ... Also is it required to go for damping for the damping. ...
Don't worry about 'matching impedance/resistance/bridging channels' - they are pretty much standard for the items you have selected. If you don't intend to make a PA system in your car, you are good to go. Albeit with these components your system is going to be a bit underpowered, it will still play loud enough on those occasions that you want to.

Safari takes 6.5" speakers, but not directly in the location provided. One has to use an MDF spacer (search - you will find pics in the forum) to mount it. The spacer should have a shape approximately the triangular shape of the original grill, and mounts in the same place.

Damping is number one priority in listening to music well.
Old 8th March 2011, 23:49   #54
BHPian

Re: Need advive on Safari ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Albeit with these components your system is going to be a bit underpowered, it will still play loud enough on those occasions that you want to.
HI there

Can u please elaborate what you meant by underpowered?I mean is the amp not giving it enough power or providing it with more than required power. Can you suggest any other amp in given budget?

Thanks
Old 9th March 2011, 13:55   #55
Senior - BHPian

The 644 amp will put out about 200W rms when the sub is bridged across channels 3 and 4. That is a bit less for the sub rated 300W, though all depends on how loud you want to hear bass. Even 200W under the right conditions can produce sufficiently loud bass, the dependencies being:
* Sub sensitivity (the 1260 sub with 93dB is likely to sound louder than a sub with 89dB sensitivity)
* Box type: ported sounds louder than sealed, though at the cost of slight boominess
* Adequately large signal provided to amp (a 4V Pre-out signal will get better results than a 2V one)

I don't readily recall an amp more powerful than the 644 in the price range (the old 75.4 or 1004 of JBL, whose availability is suspect, were costlier by a couple of K). May be others can chip in with their suggestions from RF, Auditor, Bull etc.?
Old 11th March 2011, 01:14   #56
BHPian

i have got this strange problem with 555 pnp if anyone could help. Sometimes when i play loud music. The amp goes "pat pat" sound kinda like its broken. Songs, call everything break up, just like bad static on a phone. If i switch off the car and let amp to cool, the sound goes away. I am wondering if the sound is from blue and me, or the amp. Harness kit and wiring are new....

Any suggestions?
Old 28th March 2011, 18:23   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Contd:

When auditioning speakers, its vital that you be familiar with the music. In other words, TAKE YOUR OWN MUSIC. If you allow the dealer to choose the audition music, they may choose music which flatters the speakers in question. At the very least, if the dealer uses unfamiliar discs, you will have no idea what the music should sound like, and thus you will have no way to distinguish the sound quality of the disc from the sound quality of the speakers.
Hi,

I would like to add a point here, as rocksterraghu has pointed out, please take your own music, and most importantly please take commerically available CDs. Don't take MP3 collections that you have created yourself, because most of these collections are made by downloads, so in the end you'll have a collection that is not uniform and not all the tracks in there would be normalized and mastered correctly.

You won't face these problems in commercial CDs. These minor things make a lot of difference when you audition ICEs. Hope this is of use.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:22   #58
BHPian

I want to upgrade my music system in my Punto Emotion pack. I want to upgrade the head unit also as i want to play my video also. Is there any HU model available for Punto Emotion pack. I want all the blue-tooth functions and car steering controls to work any adopter is available in Indian markets?
Old 5th April 2011, 15:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I have got a Pioneer DEH - P5990IB head unit in my car and the display has gone kaput. I have been to various shops that repair head units but they have not been able to source a display for the model. Even pioneer service station cant source it. Any idea where I can source it from. I have personally enjoyed this head unit over last three and a half years and dont want to dump it. Also, the new head unit of pioneer (7290 is what I liked) will cost over 10k with bill and I am in no mood to get a new one. please help.
Old 11th April 2011, 14:50   #60
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guru 's

need advice. i have booked a punto emotion multi jet and just now come to know that it;s missing the USB port in OE HU . what are the alternative to this. can it be added to existing HU or do i need to replace it.

as per my friend who owns punto emotion, AUX is also missing . i believe AUX port will be there in backside of HU but most probably , FIAT has not connected it . can i use this AUX port for USB ?

if yes, where can i find that AUX to USB cable? don't the emotion and emotion pack has same head unit installed ( Blauk paunt) one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks