Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 22:22   #91
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hi ICE Guru's,

I am in a dileama after my discussion today with Anwar (Top Gear) .

I am taking delivery of a ANHC this month and was discussing with him on the ICE fittment.

I currently have the following with me, removed from my I20

1. JBL 4 channel amp
2. Pioneer Mono amp
3. Wiring kit
4. Polk Audio 6.5" component
5. Polk audio DB1212 Subwoofer with factory enclosure.

Anwar suggested that, while this canbe used, it would be a better choice to upgrade and consider other brands like Focal, Rainbow based on budget. he also added that the above are for primitive setup of ICE and hence cant expect much out of them.

I can at the max spend around 80 K for the setup.

As of now the only item finalised is the HU - Pioneer AVH 4250. he recommended this over the JVC AXV 846 for the SQ. he quoted approx 20 K for the HU.

I need some expert advice to decide on what should i go for given the budget.

I am looking at the setup where I would run all the four speakers with a 4 channel and a mono amp for the sub. Please recommend what speakers, sub, amp will fit the budget.

while i dont intend to show off on the road with the ICE, but it should defintely be worth the money spend and should be crisp and clear. I would prefer clear bass with the right depth and no jarring music.

Please can you suggest.... also do let me know approximate prices so that I can work out the budget and finalise on what I can afford.

PS: I plan to source all the equipments from Anwar himself as I am new to bangalore and not much familiar with the city. I go with the word of mouth of many on the forum on Anwar's quality and trust worthiness.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

If you are happy with what you had in the i20, it makes little sense in chasing something that is not familiar. It makes more sense to get the same stuff fitted in the new car.

But before that, do check with others and audition whatever they recommend. If you are near Koramangala, check with Thouqeer at Auto Fusion (near Koramangala Club in a side lane) and Sachin (just behind the Bosch campus opposite Forum Mall). Or talk to Satya (EVO, Cambridge Layout, opposite Ranka Apts.). Trust only your ears on whether the suggested new ones are better than the old ones for you. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:39   #93
BHPian

Thanks, not that I was happy with what I had. In all sense I should be happy to go with an upgrade. So the thought now is on what do I get as an upgrade.

Btw, I am in padmanabha nagar, near dewagowda petrol pump.

Last edited by DerAlte : 11th August 2011 at 18:38. Reason: As requested by OP
Old 11th August 2011, 18:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Alas, no decent installer in that region. The nearest is Venu (@kureti, TMC Electronics on Jayanagar East End Road).
Old 12th August 2011, 00:12   #95
BHPian

I am ok to proceed with Anwar, given the fact that he is good. What i would like to hear is on what i can afford given my budget of 80k.
Old 13th August 2011, 19:01   #96

Hello to all fellow BHPians.
After a long wait i finally fulfilled my dream of getting my car ICEd up yesterday.

Previous Config : (Stock Config)

1. Car: M&M Scorpio 2.6 CRDe 2007
2. Current setup (If any): Stock Setup ( HU - Nippon, Front 4", Rear Kenwood 400W 6"x9"
3. Your Budge : 30 K +/- 5
4. Drive most of the time by Myself & sometimes Chauffer.
5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Bolly / House / Trance / Techno / Electro.
6. Ready to sacrifice boot space/modify door panels? : YES

Present Config

1. Pioneer Head Unit - DVH-P4190UB ( Single Din)
Details : DVD / USB/ AUX / 2 Pre-Outs.( 2V each )

2. Amplifier : JBL GT5-S644 (4 Channel / 800w )

3. Woofer : JBL CS1215 ( 1100W / 12 inch)

4. Wiring : Scosche Wiring Kit.( E 400 Kit + additional Scosche RCA cable )

5. LCD Screen : Xenos 9 inch LCD TFT.

6. Boom Box Enclosure for Woofer & rear co-axials.

Total cost for all these 26,500 /-

I have installed the all of these and chose to use my stock Kenwood 400W 6"x9" for rear config.

I really am not mouch satisfied with the setup coz the guy who installed couldnt setup my amp settings properly.

Plz comment on how good or bad is the setup.
and plz suggest how i can improve the setup
plz help me on the JBL Amp adjustment

Also im planning to install the Asus O play mini HD Media player coz therz a provision for video input on HU and as well as on LCD.
The player runs on 12 V , 2A and consumes 10 Watts of power.
Im worried about how to give the power input for Asus Media player. initialy i thought of buying a 12V DC to 220V AC converter as power source , but i was wondering if there is any chance for a converter like cell phone charger which can deliver 12V, 2A to the player.
Thank You.
Old 13th August 2011, 20:15   #97
Senior - BHPian

Search the ICE section to know how others have themselves tuned their amp. There are threads in Ask the Gurus, Sound Off and Show Off and in the DIY sections. It is quite simple to do, and great if you have a companion to help.

12V/2A/10W connection is nothing unusual - is that the rating of the brick that came with it? If so, what you need to get are
- a plug the same as the original one (take the original PSU along to verify size),
- a cigarette lighter plug (should have a fuse in it), and
- about 2m of 2 core round cable.

You should be able to get these at any electronics spares shop. If you are unsure of doing it yourself, get a neighborhood electronics technician to solder these together. Once these are connected properly (double check polarity at the plug that goes into the unit), you should be able to use it in the car.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 00:27   #98

Hi DerAlte
Thank you so much for the reply.

And Yeah on the Asus O Play device, the power input specifications are 12Vdc, 2A(2000mA)
. The power specifications are mentioned as MANDATORY.
So tats da reason i was so keen on it.
Yeah i managed to get the pin of the same size as of the original PSU in " MX " Brand and also the two core wire.
But im unable to figure out about how to get the exact voltage output (12V, 2A(2000mA).
I think there has to be a regulator or stabilizer of some sort to manage the power tats drawn from the car which usually regulates between 12-14.5V
As i have no idea i was thinking "How do i get it done ?"
Thank You
Old 14th August 2011, 14:26   #99

Hi DerAlte
Thank you so much for the reply.
Yeah, i could manage to get the pin same as of the original PSU, the two core wire and also the Plug(Cell Charger Plug which we connect to the Cigarette Lighter socket).

But, i was wondering how i could get the exact voltage output. I think there should a regulator or stabilizer kind of circuit which can control the amount of power going out.
And also could you please guide me on how to get the

1. Fuse in the cell charger plug
2. Power out regulator (12V, 2A)

And on the Asus player the power supply input of 2V, 2A(2000mA) is given as MANDATORY and there's a warning stating malfunction of the equipment if not given the exact power input.
Sorry for the questionnaire :-p
Cheers !
Old 14th August 2011, 20:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

It is not MANDATORY, rather the voltage expected to be given, and current expected to be drawn from PSU. 12V/2A is 24W, and that is the max power that the unit will be expected to draw. It also mentions 10W, and that is the power realistically expected to be drawn. (The 'MANDATORY' part is for some people who otherwise may try to put it directly on mains, or try connecting 2 AA sized cells to power it. Believe me there are quite a few like that, and the warning message is there to ward off lawsuits!!!)

You DON'T need a power regulator - the unit will be able to tolerate +/- 20% variation on input voltage (check the manual). That means it can be given 9.6-14.4V - which is what one expects in a car with 12V battery.

The Plug should look approx. like this. Take a printout and show it around - some or the other electronic components shop is bound to carry it; even some auto accessory shops. It will come quite likely without the wire, and most probably with a 10A fuse in it.

Last edited by DerAlte : 14th August 2011 at 20:45.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 06:22   #101

Hi DerAlte
Thank You Sir,
I'll post the pic as soon as i get the adapter done and checked with multimeter.

And yeah, i couldn't stop laughing when i read this out "The 'MANDATORY' part is for some people who otherwise may try to put it directly on mains, or try connecting 2 AA sized cells to power it. Believe me there are quite a few like that, and the warning message is there to ward off lawsuits!!!) " ... LOL !!! .... I agree wit you sir...

And sir, i need your advice on the ICE setup specs which i installed 2 days ago and wrote about in my previous post.
Please guide me on
1. How can i improve the setup ?
2. Whether there's a possibility for me to connect components to the same Amp which i installed ( JBL - GT5 S644 - 4 Channel / 800W ) ?
this Amp is currently handling Two Kenwood 400W 6"x9" along with JBL CS 1215, 12 inch 1100W sub woofer in the rear config.
The player Im using right now is Pioneer Head Unit - DVH-P4190UB ( Single Din)
Details : DVD / USB/ AUX / 2 Pre-Outs.( 2V each ).

3. If there's a possibility, I'm planning to go for JBL GT6 - S266C components to be installed in the front.
specs : 6 1/2 " two way component along with two tweeters and two crossovers.(Latest Model)
Power Handling : 65W RMS
Power Handling Peak : 260W
4. Please comment on the price i paid for all the equipment i listed in prev post. I want to know if i the price i paid for all that stuff was too high ? I took them from reliance autozone Hyderabad with bill and warranty.
Again a lengthy questionnaire :-p ...
Old 15th August 2011, 06:37   #102

Itemized pricing for the products i bought :

1. Pioneer Head Unit - DVH-P4190UB ( Single Din)
Details : DVD / USB/ AUX / 2 Pre-Outs.( 2V each ) - Rs 7650/-

2. Amplifier : JBL GT5-S644 (4 Channel / 800w ) - Rs 7551/-

3. Woofer : JBL CS1215 ( 1100W / 12 inch) Rs 2720/-

4. Wiring : Scosche Wiring Kit.( E 400 Kit + additional Scosche RCA cable for 2nd pre-out ) Rs 2000/-

5. LCD Screen : Xenos 9 inch LCD TFT. Rs 4900/-

6. Boom Box Enclosure ( MDF-Type) for Woofer & rear 6"x9" Kenwood 400w ( 3 Boxes joined together, all closed boxes, woofer box in the middle and the two 6"x9" on each side). Rs1300/-

is the pricing good sir ? can i rely on this reliance autozone seller for further purchases ?
Old 15th August 2011, 07:23   #103
BHPian

Hi guru's need your help for ICEing my uncle's new dzire.

1. Your Car: Swift Dzire
2. Your current setup (If any): Nope.
3. Your Budget: 10K
4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? Sef Driven
5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Devotional,classical, Bollywood Numbers, And Soft metal (son)

Additional Information:
6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : Door Panels Can be Sacrificed

Went through a few threads and got some idea that 4-6 would go for the HU and again 4-6K for the speakers. Please help me in deciding, Also any good installer's in mumbai Preferably in mulund.

The thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html was last edited in 2008, so does the details (pricing, brands) still stand correct ?
Old 16th August 2011, 13:01   #104
Team-BHP Support

Ajay,

For 10K I'd consider a HU from JVC or Pioneer for say 5-6K and 2 pairs of Coax for 5K.
Old 16th August 2011, 17:03   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Ajay,

For 10K I'd consider a HU from JVC or Pioneer for say 5-6K and 2 pairs of Coax for 5K.
Thinking of the following setup, what say
Option 1
HU for 4-5k and Front Components for 5k.
Option 2
HU for 4-5K, Front Components for 4-5k, rear door coax for 2.5K

Not going for 6*9 ones as grand parents hate the loud music from behind their heads. i too agree on that.

Some prices from here
Quote:
HU
JBL GT-X555 Rs. 4,990 /-
Pioneer DEH-3390UB Rs. 4,990 /-
JVC KD-R416 Rs. 5,500 /-

Component Speakers
JBL GT5-S265C Rs. 4,800 /-
JBL GTO-608C Rs. 5,500 /-
JBL GT6-266C Rs 3,800/- price here

Door Coax Speakers
JBL GT6-S266 Rs. 2,250 /-
JBL GT5-S265 Rs. 2,800 /-
JBL GT5-S205 Rs. 2,250 /-
Mostly sure of option 1 as the car is mainly going to be self driven, so front comps should do a wonderful job nah ? And if he(Uncle) is impressed, can ask him to add the rear door coax for another 2-3k.

Depending on street prices, i expect to get them all in 10k (hope its less than Online price)plus 1k for install (no idea about this).

Can you please advice which speaker and HU go with from the above options ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks