Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2012, 11:36   #241
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Are you sure it is Infinity Prime??? Prime is associated with Rockford-Fosgate. Infinity has Reference, Kappa and Kappa Perfect series.

For a combo offer, the quote seems to be decent (I am assuming INR13K = USD260) IF it is Infinity. Where did you get this offer? Fry's, Best Buy, ...?
Thanks for the quick reply..
Ya ..Mr.Tauqeer from autofusion in bangalore has given me this quote. He mentioned about the infinity prime series as the newly launched one ...

He suggested me not to go for amp as i am not getting a sub.

Anyways , i will check that once again.
Old 26th March 2012, 11:44   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure it is Infinity Prime??? Prime is associated with Rockford-Fosgate. Infinity has Reference, Kappa and Kappa Perfect series.

For a combo offer, the quote seems to be decent (I am assuming INR13K = USD260) IF it is Infinity. Where did you get this offer? Fry's, Best Buy, ...?

I got this from Autofusion(taqueer) in koramangala. He mentioned the prime is the new series from Infinity. He also suggested not to go for an amp as i dont have any plans to go for a sub.

Will check once again with him abt the speakers and let u know about the model.

Whats the opinion about infinity?(are there any better ones?)

What do u say about front and rear component speakers?

What i am looking for is clarity and tight bass...

Appreciate your opinion..
Old 27th March 2012, 13:45   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2drive View Post
... Whats the opinion about infinity?(are there any better ones?)

What do u say about front and rear component speakers?

What i am looking for is clarity and tight bass ...
I like Infinity - smooth and neutral. Others you could consider are Morel (Maximo), Auditor etc.

IMHO components front and rear in a small hatch like i10 would play tricks with the audio image and would be difficult to tune in the absence of an external amp. Avoid. Instead, get good 6x9 on an MDF parcel tray - much better than having round coaxes in the rear door.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 17:14   #244
BHPian

ETIOS GSP audio install: Mumbai

Hi
A colleague of mine is buying an Etios GSP
It come pre fitted with Four speakers in the doors
He would need a simple setup(not high end ) with an HU,Maybe two more speakers and an amplifier at max
His wife absolutely loves Cranatic music ( she is actually a teacher)
Kindly suggest the components and an installer in Mumbai (pereferably in navi mumbai to Bandra or nearby)

I saw Bharat Audio and soun factor in the directory, both seem to have mixed reviews

Thanks a lot,
Vikram
Old 29th March 2012, 19:46   #245
BHPian

Team - I totally missed this section and tried contacting a few of the gurus via PM - My apologies.

Here is what i am looking for help on - I dont have a whole lot of background when it comes to ICE, but having procured a Octavia RS recently i have been wanting to improve a bit on the audio performance.

Here is what i already have from older Installs -

1. Old JVC 4 channel Amp
2. Old Blaupunkt Basstube.

I was thinking of leveraging the existing gear with a speaker upgrade in the front [Components] and 6x9 at the back.

Now my question - Would it be possible to have all 4 speakers [components + 6X9's] and a basstube powered by the 4 channel amp. Sorry if this sounds daft, or would i end up damaging the devices - if this is not a viable option - can i have the 6X9's powered from the HU and components powered via amplifier.

If you have any recommendations on a particular brand of components i am going to treat this as a bonus - I plan on retaining the existing Alpine HU. Also is it possible to connect an Ipod to this HU ? My goal is get the speakers and wiring withing 15K.

Will be very appreciative of your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks for your time - Motoringlover
Old 30th March 2012, 09:50   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
... Would it be possible to have all 4 speakers [components + 6X9's] and a basstube powered by the 4 channel amp. Sorry if this sounds daft, or would i end up damaging the devices - if this is not a viable option - can i have the 6X9's powered from the HU and components powered via amplifier.

... is it possible to connect an Ipod to this HU ? ...
Though it is possible to wire it the way you want, it is not recommended - the damage danger is significant if you like playing loud. Also, it is easier to tune the system if the sub is playing off its own channels on the amp. It is better to drive the 6x9s off the internal amp of the HU.

What is the model of your Alpine HU? You just maybe able to get an accessory cable to do that - depending on the model. There is always the alternative of connecting the EP output of the iPod to the Aux-in of the HU, if present.

For components, you should look around at dealers & installers for what is available off the shelf, and audition those first. JBL, Infinity, Bull, Auditor, Morel, Boston, Polk, ... the list is large.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:27   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte
Though it is possible to wire it the way you want, it is not recommended - the damage danger is significant if you like playing loud. Also, it is easier to tune the system if the sub is playing off its own channels on the amp. It is better to drive the 6x9s off the internal amp of the HU.

What is the model of your Alpine HU? You just maybe able to get an accessory cable to do that - depending on the model. There is always the alternative of connecting the EP output of the iPod to the Aux-in of the HU, if present.

For components, you should look around at dealers & installers for what is available off the shelf, and audition those first. JBL, Infinity, Bull, Auditor, Morel, Boston, Polk, ... the list is large.
It is an alpine 9830 HU.

Thanks a ton deralte. Appreciate the time on my query. I do have one more question on the size of speakers possible in the car. Is it possible to get 6 1/2 components in the front and 6x9 at the back or do you recommend 5 inch at the back, the car is an 05 , octy rs.

Best - ML

Last edited by Motoringlover : 30th March 2012 at 10:31.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:54   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I do have one more question on the size of speakers possible in the car. Is it possible to get 6 1/2 components in the front and 6x9 at the back or do you recommend 5 inch at the back, the car is an 05 , octy rs. ...
Definitely 6x9 at the back. 5.25" in the door is OK, but does not have that bass going with it. Without the sub they will just be fillers. Not sure of the size of the OE locations in front door of Octy - please check.

You will need a Alpine KCA420i adapter to connect an iPod to your 9830. It plays audio with control from HU, and also charges the iPod.
Old 30th March 2012, 18:43   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely 6x9 at the back. 5.25" in the door is OK, but does not have that bass going with it. Without the sub they will just be fillers. Not sure of the size of the OE locations in front door of Octy - please check.

You will need a Alpine KCA420i adapter to connect an iPod to your 9830. It plays audio with control from HU, and also charges the iPod.
Thanks a ton Deralte, appreciate the help in a big way, the KCA420i is a plugin or does it require installation ?.

Best - ML
Old 30th March 2012, 20:26   #250
BHPian

Query on Pio 6300F

Hi,

As i have 4channel Pio GM6300F, it is having an 1set of RCA out put jack, shall i use this as I/P to sub amp through external sub volume control? for ref i highlighted the same.
Attached Images

Old 31st March 2012, 10:01   #251
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query on Pio 6300F

Quote:
... the KCA420i is a plugin or does it require installation ?. ...
It is an external unit which plugs-in at the rear of the HU with a cable. You will need to take out the HU to connect that cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
... Pio GM6300F, it is having an 1set of RCA out put jack, shall i use this as I/P to sub amp through external sub volume control? ...
Yes, you can.
Old 31st March 2012, 10:09   #252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a ton Deralte, appreciate the help in a big way, the KCA420i is a plugin or does it require installation ?.
I wonder if you can even get a new KCA 420i today.
Old 11th April 2012, 00:13   #253
BHPian

Any feedback on the Blaupunkt New York 800 HU for an Etios..?

The current set-up is

The front are going to driven by Blau Vpx 662 coaxials plus Vc 100 tweeters

The parcel tray has a pair of 6 x 9's.

Also a 12' Gtx sub.

HU -) Blau Hamburg.

Any suggestions will only help.

Regards,

SR
Old 11th April 2012, 09:25   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Any feedback on the Blaupunkt New York 800 HU for an Etios..?

The front are going to driven by Blau Vpx 662 coaxials plus Vc 100 tweeters
The parcel tray has a pair of 6 x 9's.
Also a 12' Gtx sub.
HU -) Blau Hamburg.
I assume you intend replacing the Hamburg with the New York. Yes you can do it but I think the New York has only 2 pairs of pre outs while the Hamburg had 3. From what I understand the rear pre outs can be configured either for a subwoofer or rear speakers but not both.

If you do not have an amplifier for the front and rear speakers (you absolutely need one for the 12" GTX subwoofer) then it is ok but if your front and rear speakes are also driven by an amplifier you might have a problem. In this case (with the New York) your best option would be to use the HU to drive the rear speakers, and the pre outs (and your amplifier) to drive the subwoofer and front speakers.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 00:53   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I assume you intend replacing the Hamburg with the New York. Yes you can do it...

If you do not have an amplifier for the front and rear speakers (you absolutely need one for the 12" GTX subwoofer) then it is ok but if your front and rear speakes are also driven by an amplifier you might have a problem. In this case (with the New York) your best option would be to use the HU to drive the rear speakers, and the pre outs (and your amplifier) to drive the subwoofer and front speakers.
Thank you Guru Navin.

I have managed to drive the front speakers & tweeters via a 4 ch digi amp. And have driven the sub via a 2 ch amp. all this from the New York.

Sounds good, indeed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks