Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2012, 18:22   #316
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

I finally found out time to work on the car's audio.

Please suggest whether I have done it right this time around.

What I have done is, I have routed two RCAs from the HU to the four channel amp. Using y splitters, I have split the output into four channels, and given this to the four channels of the amp.

At the output of the amplifier, I have bridged channels 1 and 2 and given this to the left side. Same way, I have bridged channels 3 and 4 and given this to the Right side speakers.

Is this correct, or would this convert the signal into mono?

Please suggest.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:29   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
... I have routed two RCAs from the HU to the four channel amp. Using y splitters, I have split the output into four channels, and given this to the four channels of the amp. ...
Sounds OK, but ...

It depends on how the splitter cables have been connected. If you have connected the Left incoming to both (R+L) of the Front channels (I guess these are Channels 1 & 2), and are using the bridged Front channels to power the Left speakers (and vice versa for Right), then you are good. If instead you have fed Left to FL (Channel 1) and RL (Channel 3), then you will get mono as both speakers would be reproducing the same signal!
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 10:12   #318
BHPian

Thanks, Sir.

Atleast, I have done the bridging rightly.

And, I do not have to worry about mono/stereo aspect.
Old 26th July 2012, 20:07   #319
BHPian

Gurus,
Need your advise here, planning to do a basic ICE install in a palio, with a max budget of 10K.Have shortlisted Pioneer DEH-1490UB HU (INR 4.6 K), please suggest brands of rear and front speaker pairs that could be installed within this range.

Thx
Old 27th July 2012, 11:00   #320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicha View Post
Gurus,
Need your advise here, planning to do a basic ICE install in a palio, with a max budget of 10K.Have shortlisted Pioneer DEH-1490UB HU (INR 4.6 K), please suggest brands of rear and front speaker pairs that could be installed within this range.
The base Coax speakers from JBL (GT6 series), Blaupunkt, etc. would fit your budget.
Old 27th July 2012, 11:12   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The base Coax speakers from JBL (GT6 series), Blaupunkt, etc. would fit your budget.
Thanks Navin, any particular model in GT6 series that you would recommend?
Old 27th July 2012, 11:26   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicha View Post
Thanks Navin, any particular model in GT6 series that you would recommend?
I dont know which sizes fit the Palio. Your installer would be able to help you better.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:43   #323
BHPian

My friend owns a Chevy Spark and wants to do some basic ICE with a small budget of 15K.

Need a single Din HU, Pair of 6x9s and an active sub. Not planning to fit an amplifier and not willing to compromise on boot space either.

Need some expert opinion on a removable parcel tray mounted active sub sitting in between two 6x9s.

Also he has a pair of Sony 4 inchers with pin tweeters fitted on the dashboard which is not giving good quality output. Should it be thrown away and substituted with two good tweeters instead? or should he put a pair of dual cone 4 inchers from a better brand?

The bottleneck that he has now is that the bracket for the parcel tray is not available even with the dealer Pashankar Auto in Pune for the Spark. The accessories people in Pune do not carry these brackets in stock and do only a 'Fixed Tray' job without the brackets. He is insisting on a removable tray for the convenience of that odd trip to the airport with suitcases.

Expert advise is solicited. Thanks in advance
Old 7th August 2012, 16:43   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
My friend owns a Chevy Spark and wants to do some basic ICE with a small budget of 15K. ... has a pair of Sony 4 inchers ... Should it be thrown away and substituted with two good tweeters instead? ...
What you are suggesting will give him a good back rub with the quantity of bass it will produce!!! It will definitely not produce much music to listen to, since the front image from the 4" speakers will be totally overpowered by the bass coming from the 6x9 PLUS the Active Sub!

1. Start with auditioning good 4" components / coaxials in the market - the good ones are extremely difficult to find. There are speakers from JBL and Polk, which come close. Maybe there are some from RF, Boston or JL Audio

2. Look for 6x9s of the same brand / range. Avoid the active sub for the time being.

3. Get a small 4 channel amp - Kenwood, JBL, Pio, Sony etc. This would be absolutely necessary to tune the front and rear to get a balanced output and image

For the fixed v/s liftable parcel shelf, a good installer will be able to make some jugaad. I would prefer the fixed one though - less chances of rattles and buzzes.
Old 12th August 2012, 22:15   #325
BHPian

My 2006 Aveo was fitted with fitted with a very very basic system at the time of delivery by the dealer itself. It's one those made for chevrolet single din kenwood mp3 players and 4 speakers. Recently the rear left speaker is acting funny. The sound keeps on going on and off when the car goes over bumps or for no reason at all. Is this simply a loose wire which I can fix on my own from the trunk?
Old 13th August 2012, 10:32   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
... Is this simply a loose wire which I can fix on my own from the trunk?
Yes, it sounds like a loose wire / connector.

If it is mounted on the parcel shelf, yes, open the trunk and get into the trunk. Look below the parcel shelf. The other place to look would be behind the dash, where the adapter from the HU to the harness could be loose.

Last edited by DerAlte : 13th August 2012 at 10:34.
Old 13th August 2012, 16:19   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Yes, it sounds like a loose wire / connector.

If it is mounted on the parcel shelf, yes, open the trunk and get into the trunk. Look below the parcel shelf. The other place to look would be behind the dash, where the adapter from the HU to the harness could be loose.
Thanks DerAlte. I have another very n00bish question. I have two spare altec lansing computer speakers, can I connect the wires to the rear speaker wires and sticky tape the speakers on to the parcel tray?
Old 13th August 2012, 18:45   #328
Senior - BHPian

You could, but better don't - the sound quality would not be what you expect from the current 6x9 ovals you have. It will sound very subdued.
Old 14th August 2012, 11:56   #329

Could the experts/gurus here please suggest components for basic ICE for Wagon R Lxi, please. Preferably under 10k, please. Thanks.
Old 17th August 2012, 23:44   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkumar
Could the experts/gurus here please suggest components for basic ICE for Wagon R Lxi, please. Preferably under 10k, please. Thanks.
Hu : JVC X30 - 3.2k
Rear : 6X9 JBL GTO948 or equivalent 4k
Front : 4" Speakers JBL 1.4k
Total - 8.6k

You can also get the JVC X50bt HU for 5k , in case you need bluetooth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks