Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 18:25   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Gurus, one novice question. In my Fiesta, I only want to put 2 speakers in the front and 2 in the rear. So for this how many RCA outputs are required. Will 2 RCA outs do the job, as I don't plan in the future for subs or amps.
Most of the HU that come with 2 RCA outs have 2V only whereas 3 RCA outs have 4V. Does it make any difference in sound quality with 2V instead of 4V?
Old 7th November 2011, 18:35   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Gurus, one novice question. In my Fiesta, I only want to put 2 speakers in the front and 2 in the rear. So for this how many RCA outputs are required. Will 2 RCA outs do the job, as I don't plan in the future for subs or amps.
Most of the HU that come with 2 RCA outs have 2V only whereas 3 RCA outs have 4V. Does it make any difference in sound quality with 2V instead of 4V?
RCA's come into play only when you plan to power the speakers via an amplifier. If you want to power the speakers through the HU itself then the speakers can be connected to the main harness of the HU directly. In case you use an amp, then you'll need atleast two pairs of RCA pre-outs for your speakers.
manjot1912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 18:41   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
RCA's come into play only when you plan to power the speakers via an amplifier. If you want to power the speakers through the HU itself then the speakers can be connected to the main harness of the HU directly. In case you use an amp, then you'll need atleast two pairs of RCA pre-outs for your speakers.
Thanks Manjot for the information. Now I can save some dough for other things and can buy a HU which has 1 RCA too, as RCA wont be of any need to me in the future. Now again need to search for a decent/budget HU.
Old 8th November 2011, 10:46   #169
BHPian

Gurus,
I'm in search for sub(Class D mono) + Amp combo but on a strict budget of 15-16k
I saw an advt on the classifieds about Lighting audion LA-1600MD .The same dealer has Kicker 10 Cvr 124.
How good is the setup in sq/sql perpective. I dont like too much boom boom.
I wont be able to audition it as i'm in a different city.
Help is much appreciated with valuable suggestions.
Old 9th November 2011, 12:30   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
How good is the setup in sq/sql perpective. I dont like too much boom boom.
Think sealed box if you do not want boom-boom.
Old 9th November 2011, 13:17   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Think sealed box if you do not want boom-boom.
Yup.Sealed box only .The second reason being ported one need more space.
How about the combination Kicker+LA?
Or would suggest any better options in that price range.
I ruled out RF500.1 as it being a class AB with 58% efficiency,consumes around 64A max.

Last edited by bullboy : 9th November 2011 at 13:22.
Old 14th November 2011, 22:18   #172
BHPian

Hi Gurus, I am about to buy a Honda City EMT and am getting a Caska HU fitted. I have been suggested the following setup for audio:

1) Front component speakers - Boston - 7500 rupees
2) Rear oval speakers - Boston - 5000 rupees
3) 4 channel amplifier - Boston - 14500 rupees
4) Active subwoofer - Steelmate - 12000

Approx 3000 rupees for wiring/installation etc.

Ideally I would like to keep the boot of the car free of any audio related install.

How does this setup seem ? Opinions please. Any other suggestions in the same budget ?Sorry for the vagueness of the query.

Last edited by navin : 15th November 2011 at 11:58.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:59   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
4) Active subwoofer - Steelmate - 12000.
The steelmate subwoofer is not heard of. Other than that the other components look good.
Old 15th November 2011, 12:33   #174
BHPian

4) Active subwoofer - Steelmate - 12000

hi eagles_ts. i am not an expert on this but i just happened to see the steelmate active subs a few days back in a friends santro. the sub looks attractive. but i thought it was a bit on the bigger side in terms of size (maybe it was the santro's boot that was playing truant ). the sound was nice and crisp though. however my friend told me that he had got it for 20K!!! you seem to be getting a bargain or my friend was fleeced. i guess you will have to check it out for sound quality yourself and decide. in my opinion the active subs are fine if you have to make space in the boot often, else the passive subs are best for sound quality and fatigue free listening. hope this helps. cheers.

Last edited by DerAlte : 15th November 2011 at 15:43. Reason: Extra smiley removed. Please limit to 2 per post
Old 16th November 2011, 15:31   #175
Senior - BHPian

Audio gurus, I would be finalizing the ice on this Saturday, so need some help.
For the front speakers, which one to go>> JBL GT6-S266 or Auditor RIP 165C
For the rear speakers >> JBL GT6-S699 or Auditor RIP 690C

How are Rockford Fosgate Punch series?
Old 17th November 2011, 11:04   #176
Senior - BHPian

You didn't find any 5x7 ovals for the front? Usually have a better bass response.
Old 17th November 2011, 15:05   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You didn't find any 5x7 ovals for the front? Usually have a better bass response.
The problem is that Fiesta Classic doesn't have space for oval in front. As it is in the door. But which one to go JBL or Auditor. JBL has more RMS and peak power.??
I'm also thinking, if there is no provision for oval at rear and I don't want to cut any metal below parcel tray, I'm thinking of going with JBL GT6-S366 both for front and rear.. As it is 3 way, so a woofer cone is also there.
Please give your valuable suggestion as Saturday is the D-day.
Old 17th November 2011, 15:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

When we say front, we mean door OE location. Dash locations normally accommodate only small speakers - 4" or 3-1/2". Fiesta WILL have oval location on the door - they will not make doors separately with round speaker location. Please open the door pad and check *before* you buy. Ditto for the parcel shelf location - open the boot and look at the underside of the parcel shelf.

Don't go by power. Audition the brand/model in a car - let your ears decide which brand/model is better. Even in 1 brand, different models may/will produce different sound signatures, some which your ears will reject outright. Only you can make out whether you like bright, neutral or bass-heavy sound signature. If you go by power and don't listen to it before buying, you might land up with a set of speakers that are not to your liking (strident, harsh, excessively bright ...).

As I had suggested before, check with @bass&trouble (difficult to catch) or @ramie2400 in Mumbai - send them a PM (unless they see this post and respond here). They should be able to suggest what is best for you and what the best prices would be.
Old 18th November 2011, 15:43   #179
BHPian

Hey guys I am looking for the 2nd set of speakers for my Ritz.

What I already have ?
1. JVC 2-Din HU
2. Infinity REF6530CS Comps in the Front Door slot

Currently the Infinity sound fantastic. Awesome clarity(a little sharp though) and perfect bass.

What I plan to ? Not sure though. I need somewhat louder sound. Infinity is good, but somehow its volume is a bit limited. For some songs when I feel a little higher sound is needed, I am not getting it that bass that strong and loud.

So, what I need is a set of speakers to match the clarity and tight bass of the my Infinity speakers and at the same time some more powerful. What choices do I have here ? I have heard the JBL 949c, but I am sure the Infinity ones will overpower them very easily.

My preference(thought not the only choice) will be fitting in the rear doors, as I dont want to add that plate now. Any suggestions ?

I am also looking for a 4 channel Amp to conect my Infinity speakers and the new speakers to get better output. Please suggest a good Amp also.

Budget for Rear Speaker + Amp ~ will be a concern but I would say good sound at a good price.

Last edited by VictorSinha : 18th November 2011 at 15:45. Reason: spelling correction
Old 19th November 2011, 08:35   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The steelmate subwoofer is not heard of. Other than that the other components look good.
Thanks for your views Navin. Do u reckon I should get a Boston subwoofer instead ?

Also, in another thread I read that you were none too impressed with Caska. If OEM look is priority, which other HUs would you recommmed ? Or is the quest for the OEM look too much of a sacrifice for sound quality ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks