Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 16:43   #256
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Recently I changed my HU of optra from stock to Blaupunkt NY800. Balupunkt is smaller than the stock HU. There is a gap between the slot and HU. It looks bad say weired. Need ideas to fill that gap. If required i will post some pics to get the clear idea of the gap.
Old 14th April 2012, 23:14   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
Recently I changed my HU of optra from stock to Blaupunkt NY800. Balupunkt is smaller than the stock HU. There is a gap between the slot and HU. It looks bad say weired. Need ideas to fill that gap. If required i will post some pics to get the clear idea of the gap.
Hi Aditya, It seems that the New York 800 is a smaller unit. But it also seems that the Innova standard HU frame fits this unit to the 'T' to make do for the 'gap' in most vehicles.

Do give it a try and let us know.

Old 17th April 2012, 11:41   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hi Aditya, It seems that the New York 800 is a smaller unit. But it also seems that the Innova standard HU frame fits this unit to the 'T' to make do for the 'gap' in most vehicles.

Do give it a try and let us know.

Nothing is fixing the gap. Gap is from all sides.I don't know if i can post the picture here so that everyone has the idea and then i can get quick help.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:34   #259
BHPian

Hey guys, what amount of damping sheets would be have to used for a Skoda Fabia?
Old 29th April 2012, 08:10   #260
BHPian

I have a kenwood mp 5343 dvd HU running on stock speakers. On a tight budget, i am planning to upgrade the front speakers to infinity kappa components(got a quote of 12.5k). Should I go for amplifiers at this point? I am planning for a polk sub in future (6 months down the line). The dealer suggests me to go for rockford fosgate punch instead of kappa and gives me a quote of 10.5k. Please help me out in making the right choice. I prefer clear audio with a tight bass and the car under the knife is Chevy optra magnum.
Old 29th April 2012, 15:23   #261
BHPian

Guys

I want to update the stock HU in my Baleno. As there is space for a double din I am inclined towards the following:

JVC Double-DIN CD Receiver KW-XR816
Double-DIN CD Receiver KW-XR816 | CD Receiver | Car Audio | JVC India

Any opinions on this? And prices?

On the JVC UK website I have found these two models which look interesting also. Though they are not available in India I have no problem getting them from abroad, available for approx 14k INR.

JVC KW-SD70BTE
KW-SD70BTE | 2 DIN CD RECEIVER | CD RECEIVERS | Car Audio | Product Centre | JVC United Kingdom

and

JVC KW-R600BTE
KW-R600BTE | 2 DIN CD RECEIVER | CD RECEIVERS | Car Audio | Product Centre | JVC United Kingdom

I am inclined to getting one of the 2 above from the UK, as the Indian one seems a bit low on features. That is of course unless it really is much cheaper.
The differences between the 2 UK HU's are that one has SD support, TI/Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC (whatever that is) and a full dot LCD (is that any better?), while the other has Only USB, 24-bit DAC and a normal LCD. Comparison page at Compare | KW-R600BTE | 2 DIN CD RECEIVER | CD RECEIVERS | Car Audio | Product Centre | JVC United Kingdom

What do you say? Anything I need to keep in mind as regards size? Or can you point me in the direction of a better 2din HU with BT, USB and iPod controls?

Also I just want a VFM rear speaker and amp setup, any recommendations? Something that sounds great for a decent price.

Cheers in advance.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:16   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
... planning to upgrade the front speakers to infinity kappa components(got a quote of 12.5k). Should I go for amplifiers at this point? ... dealer suggests me to go for rockford fosgate punch instead of kappa and gives me a quote of 10.5k ...
The correct way would be to first audition both - your ears should be the best judge. He is recommending the RF speakers probably because he makes more off it than the Infinity Kappa.

Yes, an amp will make a lot of difference that you can make out. Keep in mind putting an amp means you have to spend a little more for cables and wires.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:44   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Yes, an amp will make a lot of difference that you can make out. Keep in mind putting an amp means you have to spend a little more for cables and wires.
I have installed Infinity Kappa after listening to both RF Punch and Kappa. Sound quality is far better than what it was with the stock ones. I have planned my next upgrade to JBL 1004 in a few months. Got a quote of around 14k in Bangalore for AMP+Scorche+installation. I have to look for options in Chennai now as I will be moving there.
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:05   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
... JBL 1004 in a few months. Got a quote of around 14k in Bangalore for AMP+Scorche+installation. I have to look for options in Chennai now as I will be moving there.
Do bargain - seems a bit on the higher side.
Old 14th May 2012, 16:17   #265
BHPian

Can Someone Suggest me a pure music ICE for SX4

Requirements
1. Should not spoil current appearance
2. Prefer to have similar size & number of speaker
3. Not a big Fan or Big Bass or too bright tweeters
4. Speaker should be able to drive by current Head unit without need of additional amplifier.
5. Cost should not exceed 30K
Old 14th May 2012, 21:50   #266
Senior - BHPian

Dear Audiogurus

With respect to the ICE for my New "Blue Eyed" Wagon R, my queries:

1) The space below the Head Unit will remain open(vacant) if I instal a Single Din HU.

However, my heart goes for a double Din unit. Yet, a Double Din does not really result in a better SQ over the Single Din. Its only the looks here and the fact that it covers the entire space completely and neatly.

Is it possible to cover the space below the HU by the installer?

Can you suggest any good installer in Mumbai. I am located in Thane.

Also some good ICE suggestions for both single and double din options:

My budget is a modest Rs. 10K-Rs. 12K.

I was thinking of JBL 6" Door speakers.

Pls. help with the right suggestions.

Attaching a pic to help understand my query.
Attached Thumbnails
Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section-dsc04073.jpg  

Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section-dsc04074.jpg  

Old 15th May 2012, 12:29   #267
Senior - BHPian

Its very difficult to have a double din plus speakers at the budget. When a single din head unit is installed, the compartment at the bottom will remain exactly as it is. I don't know why you want to get it covered. Use it as a storage compartment for small things.

If Mira Road is an option, Ramie from our forum should be able to help you out with the equipment and installation.
Old 15th May 2012, 13:29   #268
BHPian

Gurus, a query.

For my Indigo Manza, I would liek to retain Stock HU. I have a pair of GTO 937s for the rear fill. I understand that my stock HUs output is 25w x 4.

If I change the rear speakers to these 937s rated at 100w RMS what happens? I would love to go for a good 4 channel amp, but still want to know why i should.

I would like to go for a decent set of front components, something that would match the HU, something that sounds soft - eg:, I have heard the polk db series components which though sounded good, but felt slightly harsh. In other words components where the HF is well differentiated but not very bright. Within a budget of 4k-6k

And what would be a good 4 channel amplifier that accepts line ins and would also support the speakers ably ? again a budget of 5 -7k

I have been recommended Auditors, but am not sure about them. Also, does the power rating have any impact on how powerful the system sounds ? I like to crank my system up quite often.

thank you!
Old 15th May 2012, 16:42   #269
Senior - BHPian

@B&T

Thanks for the input.

However, I have already taken a quote and most double dins -Sony/JVC along with Sony Explod/Pioneer 6" speakers are available in the Rs. 10K-12K with B&W.

The best quote I could get is from Choksi(Milan Subway)-

WXGT77UI-Sony Explod- Rs. 7800/-
Sony Explod 6"- Rs. 1450/pair X 02

Installation will be included.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:42   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
The best quote I could get is from Choksi(Milan Subway)-

WXGT77UI-Sony Explod- Rs. 7800/-
Sony Explod 6"- Rs. 1450/pair X 02

Installation will be included.
Its a good store and sells genuine equipment.
Bass&Trouble is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks