Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 12:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

looks awesome Frank, Congrats

I have one doubt though, I was under impression that the tweeters would be facing the other way i.e. the driver one to the passenger & vice-versa but from the pics it seems that the driver side tweet is pointing to driver.
Old 12th October 2009, 12:41   #137
Senior - BHPian

Frank, thats an awesome fit and finish. Although this fiber work is messy, it gives a classy finish end of the day.

Now you should show this to someone in Ford on a serious note, I mean people in Chennai plant. It costs nothing for them to design that panel like yours in the stock itself. May be you should drop them a customer feedback mail. Atleast it would become part of the next cosmetic changes.

What about your sub enclosure ? Specifications are re-worked and sorted ?
Old 12th October 2009, 13:43   #138
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Shaju is planning to buy another fiesta! It may be a cosmetic upgrade to ICE-vice people, but most others may not like it I guess, especially ladies.

BTW, when frank goes for his next upgrade, it will be convenient for both buyer and seller to make these pillar covers a part of package along with the bigger than normal tweeters.
Old 12th October 2009, 14:13   #139
BHPian

Looks really neat, great job. Waiting for your detailed review!!

OT. BTW when are you getting rid of that plastic covers on the seat
Old 12th October 2009, 18:09   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
looks awesome Frank, Congrats

I have one doubt though, I was under impression that the tweeters would be facing the other way i.e. the driver one to the passenger & vice-versa but from the pics it seems that the driver side tweet is pointing to driver.
There is no such thumb rule. If the DRIVER wants the most fun, then he can have both angled towards him. I have tried the same, but also covered the passenger. TA makes up for most anomalies. So no issues. I have to still set the TA. Still, the imaging is SPOT ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Frank, thats an awesome fit and finish. Although this fiber work is messy, it gives a classy finish end of the day.

Now you should show this to someone in Ford on a serious note, I mean people in Chennai plant. It costs nothing for them to design that panel like yours in the stock itself. May be you should drop them a customer feedback mail. Atleast it would become part of the next cosmetic changes.

What about your sub enclosure ? Specifications are re-worked and sorted ?
Thanks man. The factory look needed to be maintained. That was the brief to AK and team, and they accomplished it with style!
Love the pods and Dad and Mom are SO happy that the 'deck' installation hasn't messed up the sancitity of the car. They might fund more upgrades soon if this is the quality of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Looks like Shaju is planning to buy another fiesta! It may be a cosmetic upgrade to ICE-vice people, but most others may not like it I guess, especially ladies.

BTW, when frank goes for his next upgrade, it will be convenient for both buyer and seller to make these pillar covers a part of package along with the bigger than normal tweeters.
Hehe. Shaju LOVES the Fiesta so much that he's buying one more as an auxiliary, just in case it goes out of fashion.
These tweeters are fixed, and they are not covers. They are pods made of FG. FOR THIS CAR. And cannot be fitted in any car other than a Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Looks really neat, great job. Waiting for your detailed review!!

OT. BTW when are you getting rid of that plastic covers on the seat
Thank you sathee. About the seat covers. Until the last week, Mom wanted leather covers on the seats, but Dad and I completely loved the stock seats. The majority won, and now we shall 'disrobe' them of the plastics. Positive aspect of this is that they will be spanking clean now!
Old 12th October 2009, 18:16   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no such thumb rule.
Ofcourse not, What I meant was, is that's how I have observed tweeters in various high end installs.

I really want to listen to your car someday
Old 12th October 2009, 18:18   #142
Senior - BHPian

Nishant is coming for a small listen today. Start now. 9 PM you can touch here ;-)
Old 12th October 2009, 20:14   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
They might fund more upgrades soon if this is the quality of work
Wow, I thought they are about to throw you out of the house! I must meet them personally when I come to Mumbai in December ! Lol.

Quote:
Shaju LOVES the Fiesta so much that he's buying one more as an auxiliary, just in case it goes out of fashion.
Yea, the fact is: I am running around like a mad dog even to complete my basic ICEing as fast as possible. I had high hopes that the Dussehra/Diwali season would fetch me "Buy one Amp and get a Sub FREE". But so far no luck.

Quote:
Nishant is coming for a small listen today. Start now. 9 PM you can touch here ;-)
'Small listen' is coupled with free dinner and soda water ? I am thinking of preponing my journey !

Incase you want to reply me not offending the other members, open your phone addressbook and type. Uhhhh Lalala !!
Old 12th October 2009, 21:49   #144
Senior - BHPian

He he naughty Shaju Joseph :-P

Nishant enjoyed it. Who's coming now?
Old 13th October 2009, 18:36   #145
Senior - BHPian

Great job Franky. Pods looks really neat, good finish. am sure will looks better in real.
When can get to hear the setup now? Let's plan up.

Last edited by Invinsible : 13th October 2009 at 18:42.
Old 13th October 2009, 18:38   #146
Senior - BHPian

ASAP. Whenever you say? Going to pune this week. So maybe Friday/Saturday evening we could meet!
Old 13th October 2009, 21:38   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ASAP. Whenever you say? Going to pune this week. So maybe Friday/Saturday evening we could meet!
Sounds like great plan. Sat evening sounds good.
Old 28th October 2009, 00:08   #148
Senior - BHPian

it's been a long time since I posted here. Was just looking at a few photos and thought it would be nice to highlight/compare the before/after look of the a-pillar after the installation of the pods.
Interesting and fun to look at the amazing levels of workmanship and the sheer eye for detail.

BEFORE

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-p1020455-hdtv-1080.jpg

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-p1020456-hdtv-1080.jpg

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-p1020457-hdtv-1080.jpg

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-p1020461-hdtv-1080.jpg

AFTER

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-p1030110-desktop-resolution.jpg

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-p1030112-desktop-resolution.jpg

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-p1030116-desktop-resolution.jpg

Ford Fiesta S: Eclipse, XBL2 and NOW WITH HORNS!-p1030121-desktop-resolution.jpg
Old 28th October 2009, 00:42   #149
BHPian

Quote:
it's been a long time since I posted here. Was just looking at a few photos and thought it would be nice to highlight/compare the before/after look of the a-pillar after the installation of the pods.
Interesting and fun to look at the amazing levels of workmanship and the sheer eye for detail.

Looks REAL GOOD !!!

BTW how much does it cost for these pillars and from where have you got it done ??
Old 28th October 2009, 13:31   #150
Senior - BHPian

Thank you maglev. That reminds me I gotta wake up Ajay Kamath to give me the bill for these pods.
The rest of the dues have been settled, but the pods were made a couple of weeks after the install, so haven't yet found out their cost.

In all, until (and excluding) the pods, I have paid about 30 k for the install, which includes about 70+ sq feet of damping.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks