Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 23:13   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
you forgot us poor dentists. We drive esteems and zens. Yeh fiesta to chori ki hai!
As long as nobody is able to book you for your "chori", you can safely rename it to something like "margin", "commission", "hard earned money" or the likes. Unfortunately, money is next to only God in this capitalistic world we live in, irrespective of how it was earned.

Last edited by Dippy : 29th September 2009 at 09:29. Reason: Please avoid using too much hindi in your post . Thanks :)
Old 28th September 2009, 23:19   #92
Senior - BHPian

LOL. Before the Registration authorities/police raid my house, let me confirm that the car has been officially purchased. HEE HAW. I was just being sarcastic!
Old 29th September 2009, 00:16   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hey Frank, are you facing any issues with high mounted stopllight rattling?
Old 29th September 2009, 00:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

Its not clear enough Frank, did you mean to say that its not the car which is stolen, rather the money used to purchase it?

Last edited by santosh.s : 29th September 2009 at 00:18.
Old 29th September 2009, 00:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

NOTHING is stolen.lol.

@ nitin: the stoplight isn't rattling. But the left side doors are. And so is this ANNOYING piercing sound from the dash. @ full lock, even the steering rack rattles on bumps! I hate the hard suspension on the S and it's not doing too well for the interiors!
Old 29th September 2009, 00:26   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ nitin: the stoplight isn't rattling. But the left side doors are. And so is this ANNOYING piercing sound from the dash. @ full lock, even the steering rack rattles on bumps! I hate the hard suspension on the S and it's not doing too well for the interiors!
Oh. Ok. I think its with my car only. I have this irritating noise coming from the stoplight nowadays after my ID sub came in the boot.
Old 29th September 2009, 09:41   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Frank rightly said- magnet industry is like an ATM.
ha ha. I know the magnet industry well.

1. 90% of the magnets (both ceramic and rare earth) are made in China at very low prices. The industry is messy, dirty, and well not easy to make money in. Every other day I get some magnet manufacturer offering me magnets cheaper than the day before.

2. How long do you think ANY industry can be an ATM. 2 years at most before everyone and their mother jumps in. Most indian manufacturers Aagrola, PML, Morris, etc.. are dead - atleast they dont make magnets anymore.

Quote:
I have an Eclipse HU and Alpine Components in front. NO rear co axials. My head unit is a DEADHEAD, which means there is NO internal amplfication.
Wow I did not know they made Dead-Heads anymore. Frank do yo have alist of dead-head HUs. Does Alpine make one? I am big fan of dead-head HUs as there the space saved is usually used for a better DAC and heat dissapation.
Old 29th September 2009, 10:19   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Wow I did not know they made Dead-Heads anymore. Frank do yo have alist of dead-head HUs. Does Alpine make one? I am big fan of dead-head HUs as there the space saved is usually used for a better DAC and heat dissapation.
Eclipse makes this one. Alpine doesn't make a deadhead anymore. I don't know about the f1 series.
The hxd2 nee drz-9255 is a deadhead too.
As for the eclipse, it has a copper chassis as well. Better heat dissipation, low noise floor and maximum power dedicated to preout voltage.
The denon dct1 was a deadhead too, afaik
Old 29th September 2009, 12:46   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hate the hard suspension on the S and it's not doing too well for the interiors!
These are the only reasons I didnt consider stretching my budget to an S ! In my test drive itself, I hated the harder suspension, somehow liked the interior theme and colour but again lack of the rear head rests pushed me away from liking it. But the suspension part will not be clear to you until you drive an SXI or ZXI for 10 mts. Its a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I have this irritating noise coming from the stoplight nowadays after my ID sub came in the boot.
A small piece of noisekill or even a strip of double side gum should solve this as my cousine faced the same and he chose a 5 mts DIY.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:56   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yay So you gifting me the DLS

hehe well yes the Sony is long overdue for upgrade but amp upgrade may prompt for other upgrades(3 way etc) so trying to keep away as long as I can
Quote:
Take my car itself
Umm, a 3 way shouldn't be your priority right now. Just upgrade to larger midbasses and you are sorted out. You could also go active and HAVE a 3 way with the speakers in the dash, crossed over to be Mid ranges, but that would entail 4 more channels of amplification and you would need 8 channels of amplification in all. Plus a new sub.
Big expense. Usse accha, just get a good amplifier, and upgrade your woofers and your sub woofer.
That's what man its anyway a big expense an overkill for such a small car(as per me). I think I have reached my limits for ICing this car, worst case scenario just the amp upgrade & something to utilize the 4 inchers in dash nothing more :|
Old 29th September 2009, 13:35   #101
Senior - BHPian

Navinji, the word "magnet" wasn't supposed to be taken too literally! I meant people involved in importing, selling and installing magnet studded jewelery (or even other kinds, for that matter) for cars flooding already choked roads.
Old 29th September 2009, 20:29   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
A small piece of noisekill or even a strip of double side gum should solve this as my cousine faced the same and he chose a 5 mts DIY.
How will i apply double sided tape, i mean wont i need to remove the light first and then apply it on the roof or am i missing something?
Old 29th September 2009, 20:49   #103
Senior - BHPian

Offcourse you need to remove the screws and apply the tape wherever it touches the roof. Its a very thin and feable plastic in most cars, so a sub can rattle it crazy. If the screws are not tight enough, try some rubber washer too. My fiesta has a lose stop light on the roof, I just ignored it because I dont have a Sub yet !
Old 30th September 2009, 01:14   #104
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats man. Fizz or KMD? I got a good price from KMD for it but FIzz matched it for me. As of now, Fizz has shut down this operation.

KMD only for 13.9k Fizz is really nowhere to been seen. Dont know where he vanished.Also ordered PPI 356cs. I think i am the first one to get those components in Team-Bhp.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:16   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
That's what man its anyway a big expense an overkill for such a small car(as per me). I think I have reached my limits for ICing this car, worst case scenario just the amp upgrade & something to utilize the 4 inchers in dash nothing more :|
I know. So much in an Alto is also not worth it. Well, if you're happy, we are no one to ask you to change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
KMD only for 13.9k Fizz is really nowhere to been seen. Dont know where he vanished.Also ordered PPI 356cs. I think i am the first one to get those components in Team-Bhp.
Congratulations. I didn't pick up the PPI's thinking they were cheap, so must not be too great, but yes, they give a tough fight to components even double their cost. I am so tempted to pick up a set for the heck of it!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed