Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 12:34   #241
Senior - BHPian

Can i still have TA functioning if i were to use the ARC Audio MX-1 two way active crossover to separate the Mid range and Tweeters ?

Specs as below;
  • 2-way active crossover
  • Independently adjustable crossover points
  • Dual Frequency range 55 Hz - 600 Hz and 550 Hz - 6 KHz for Low Pass and High Pass
  • Selectable 12dB in stereo and 24dB slope in mono for lowpass filter
  • Gold plated rca input and output connectors
If i feed in the High's preout as an input to this, will my TA be applicable to both Midrange and Tweeter (so, should i place me close enough)

Thanks in advance
Old 11th August 2010, 13:12   #242
naughty001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Can i still have TA functioning if i were to use the ARC Audio MX-1 two way active crossover to separate the Mid range and Tweeters ?

Specs as below;
  • 2-way active crossover
  • Independently adjustable crossover points
  • Dual Frequency range 55 Hz - 600 Hz and 550 Hz - 6 KHz for Low Pass and High Pass
  • Selectable 12dB in stereo and 24dB slope in mono for lowpass filter
  • Gold plated rca input and output connectors
If i feed in the High's preout as an input to this, will my TA be applicable to both Midrange and Tweeter (so, should i place me close enough)

Thanks in advance
on paper - yes ..... whatever you do to the input will have an effect to the signal that the crossover then outputs - because all that the crossover will be doing is outputting the crossover adjusted signal to whatever it receives

this is the assumption that im using as well so im using my amplifiers built in crossovers for the identical purpose - so i reckon it will work well enough in your instance - just remember to keep the mid and tweeter close enough to each other that the same time alignment setting will work perfectly together for those as left and right drivers

so effectively you will have a low pass for the subwoofer fron the headunit - then the bandpass for the midwoofer from the headunit - then a highpass for the high frequencies from the headunit but this forms a bandpass for the midrange in conjunction with the arc audio crossover which also gives a highpass for the tweeters too

the time alignment will work as subwoofer, midbass, and then midrange and tweeter pair together

should work IMHO because as i have said this is exactly what im contemplating when i get my MW142 midrange driver

last night i listened to a car with 10 year old Dynaudio drivers and a 9887 with a JL Audio 10W7 subwoofer - the T/A functionality made the sound stunning - without the T/A the sound was flat and uninvolving and one dimensional - with T/a applied it transformed into correct tonality and became a sound that was far more alive to me - the owner of the vehicle also had some unique music to demo his vehicle and i really enjoyed that audition - he does have a plan to add a bit one to his system so that he can go three way front stage plus sub as well and thats something im dying to hear because it will point the way to me as to how to proceed - he is going to also experiment with a crossover in the method we have discussed above before fiddling with the bit one (all of which he has already) he is just looking for an older dynaudio MW140 driver ie the one with the green labels instead of the newer ones with the red labels for cosmetic integration purposes - so in about two or three weeks time i will know the perfect answer to your question as to how good this method works also before i try it out or whether im also going to need a bit one for getting closer to the perfection i seek

Old 13th August 2010, 12:57   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
so in about two or three weeks time i will know the perfect answer to your question as to how good this method works also before i try it out or whether im also going to need a bit one for getting closer to the perfection i seek
I am waiting for your result, Nitin.

BTW, I just changed my Amp from Velocity Pro (rated at 150W RMS x 2) to the Rockford Fosgate Power T 400-2 (rated at 120W RMS x 2).

Now when people had earlier said that power output doesn matter but the Quality is more importnant - i admit i have taken it with a pinch of salt. Today, after the change there is a remarkable difference in the way the sound is delivered. Good God. Seriously, RF changed the SQ so much. I am hearing new music that i have not heard before.

Also, Good news is Inspite of being bankrupt now, i managed to order a superb midrange driver.
So, its confirmed that it will be a Quasi active, 4-way setup.

The bad news is, i ll have to wait till Sept third week.
Old 13th August 2010, 13:53   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, Good news is Inspite of being bankrupt now, i managed to order a superb midrange driver.
I am surprised they haven't kicked you out of the house yet. Which one did you order?
Old 13th August 2010, 14:39   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I am surprised they haven't kicked you out of the house yet. Which one did you order?
Lol, i am just clinging on to my gate now !! Its the Morel CDM-88
Old 13th August 2010, 14:46   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10
Now when people had earlier said that power output doesn matter but the Quality is more importnant - i admit i have taken it with a pinch of salt. Today, after the change there is a remarkable difference in the way the sound is delivered. Good God. Seriously, RF changed the SQ so much. I am hearing new music that i have not heard before.
So, the blaupunkt top of the line is leaving or what?
Old 13th August 2010, 14:51   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
So, the blaupunkt top of the line is leaving or what?
Well, probably it ll find use in my Swift. Undecided at the moment, its just lying around
Old 13th August 2010, 17:35   #248
BHPian

Mi10, the blaupunkt was a 4 channel right and the Rockford is a two channel. So how is it going to power your components?? are you planning to use two amps for the front stage alone???
Old 13th August 2010, 17:49   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Mi10, the blaupunkt was a 4 channel right and the Rockford is a two channel. So how is it going to power your components?? are you planning to use two amps for the front stage alone???
No dude, Blaupunkt Velocity Pro is a 2 Ch Amp only.

However for the Front stage i think it has to be three Amps, since i am going in for midrange as well.
Old 13th August 2010, 17:56   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10
However for the Front stage i think it has to be three Amps, since i am going in for midrange as well.

Is this a record, Praveen? National? International? World?
Old 13th August 2010, 18:23   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pravin: Are you going to install one of those fancy looking big F capacitors?
Old 13th August 2010, 18:28   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sir, what to do??. Am i now having three 2-channel amps and 1 mono. So why not use all of them
and here is the tagline: Mi10's Quad Amped, Quasi Active 4 Way system

Quote:

Pravin: Are you going to install one of those fancy looking big F capacitors?
I dont know if they ll be fancy looking, but i think i ll need them if i want to drive at night.
where to install them is another problem, i think i ll have to take of the rear seats

Last edited by Mi10 : 13th August 2010 at 18:32.
Old 13th August 2010, 18:34   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if they ll be fancy looking, but i think i ll need them if i want to drive at night.
where to install them is another problem, i think i ll have to take of the rear seats
Take a look at how the Power Zone Estilo has been installed. That guy is running a big 30 farad capacitor, 4 or 5 big amps and dual ported subs all without taking off the rear seat.
Old 14th August 2010, 10:34   #254
BHPian

Quote:
That guy is running a big 30 farad capacitor, 4 or 5 big amps and dual ported subs all without taking off the rear seat.
OT: 30 Farad capacitor, do you have anymore details of the equipments he's running.
Old 14th August 2010, 11:41   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
OT: 30 Farad capacitor, do you have anymore details of the equipments he's running.
He told me but I forgot the list. It's not any of the regular stuff. The mono puts out 2000 RMS if I am not mistaken. It drives a pair of Cerwin-Vega subs. Pr_007 knows the equipment details. You could call Power Zone if you are interested.

Last edited by Gilead : 14th August 2010 at 11:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks