Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2007, 11:32   #2386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Changed Times

15 years ago.....

A program was..... a television show........
.......And a virus was the flu!!!

SURE TIMES HAVE CHANGED!
Adding to that..

If you had a 3.5 inch floppy, you hoped no one found out!!!!!

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 29th December 2007, 14:02   #2387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Changed Times

15 years ago.....

A program was..... a television show

And a virus was the flu!!!

SURE TIMES HAVE CHANGED!
Better to make it 25 years. About 15-20 years back computer viruses were famous, every virus attack got front page coverage in newspaper. Now nobody gives a damn.
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:25   #2388
BHPian

$24.99 sunroof in 5 minutes

Guys I saw this joke on Newtiburon.com and thought I would share it...

eBay Motors: Sunroofs (item 260148596999 end time Aug-18-07 15:06:10 PDT)

The product description is below just in case you cant open the link and the questions and answers are there too....

Do you want your car to have the look of a real sunroof?
You can install it in 5 minutes!!
Extremely fashion and new aparent sun roof, made of a sticker that will give any car the image of a real sunroof.

Our selfadhesive sunroof DECANO™ has our own patented technology , it consists on a series of flexible laminated magnetic layers, weatherproofed and framed with a selfadhesive tape.

READY TO INSTALL.- The DECANO™ selfadhesive sunroof comes completely assembled (31” X 18”) in a tube package. (20”X3”).

TO INSTALL: Just clean, place it and paste it!

NOW READ This->>>

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Do I get a discount in shipping if I buy 2? I want to put one on the roof and one on the inside of my car so when I look up a can pretend to be looking outside, also can you make one that simulates looking up at the stars I think chicks would really dig it or put a scary face on it so when People in my car look up the think there is somebody on the roof I think you have endless possibilities with this product. Thanks. Aug-17-07
A: We give free shipping when you buy 3 or more.
Q: my car does not have an anti lock braking system - i am interested in an abs light for my dash - i cannot afford nor am i interested in the actual braking benefits of an abs system - i am solely interested in tricking people into thinking my car is safer than it is. do you or are you looking into prototyping this product - it seems like its up your alley. Aug-17-07
A: We are working on new ideas, thank you.
Q: I honestly think this is the greatest product i've seen on ebay in a while. Honestly if i didn't have a sunroof i think i would buy two and make it look like my car was a T top..I think you should sell that as a seperate product as well....and if you do, give me a free one for the idea. Tom Umasstom@yahoo.com Aug-17-07
A: Thanks!
Q: I don't understand why someone would want the look without the functionality? Is this a gag to fool your friends? Aug-17-07
A: We came with this idea, sometimes people just want to have the look of a sunroof, and canīt afford or donīt have the permission to make a hole to their/parentīs car.
Q: Do you have a holographic version so that if someone looks from a certain angle, the sunroof will look like it's open? Do you also have a sunroof visor that I can stick on to look like I have a real sunroof visor? Do you also sell controls that I can stick on the ceiling of the car so I can act like I have a sunroof controls? I'm curious, If I stick it on the hood of my car would this then be called sunhood? This is one of the best ideas I have ever heard of. Aug-17-07
A: We are still working on having more products like this, at this moment we only have this self adhesive sunroof. You can put it in the hood if you want. Thank you
Q: What kind of tool would I use for cutting the whole? will it leak? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, itīs only a sticker with the shape of a sunroof that you put in your carīs roof and gives your car the look of a real sunroof, but you donīt make any holes to the car, and you canīt see through it. You donīt make any modifications to your car.
Q: So what type of motor does it take and how do i go by wiring it all up and locating the switch?? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, itīs only a sticker with the shape of a sunroof that you put in your carīs roof and gives your car the look of a real sunroof, but you donīt make any holes to the car, and you canīt see through it. You donīt make any modifications to your car.
Q: How much would it cost for a shop to do the install on this sunroof on a 1994 Subaru Legacy L? Aug-17-07
A: This is only a sunroof sticker that gives your car the look of a real sunroof. You can install it yourself, you donīt need to make holes in your car and you will not be able to see through it.
Q: Will I have to declare the addition of this modification to my insurance company and will it compromise the structural integrity of my car? Aug-17-07
A: It doesnīt compromise the structural integrity of your car because itīs just a sticker with the shape of a sunroof that you put in your carīs roof.
Q: I would really love the open-roof experience of a sunroof. I'm very excited to see that this can give me that feeling without drilling holes. What a product! How does it work? Aug-17-07
A: First you clean your carīs roof You select a place where you want you Selfadhesive sunroof to be, check for any bubbles . Remove the peripherical edge binding and press the molding frame against the car. As I told before, this self adhesive sunroof is just ornamental, and will give only the look of a sunroof.
Q: Will this work with my convertible? Aug-17-07
A: If it has a solid top you can use it.
Q: can I get away with only buying one, for two cars... and switch which one I put it on depending on my mood? Aug-17-07
A: Once you install the sunroof if you take it off, the sunroof wonīt damage your car, but it will not be able to use on another car, this is for prevent burglars to steal it.
Q: Can this be put on other parts of the car, such as the hood or trunk lid, or do you have to put it on the roof? Does it fit all models? I have a Dodge Stratus right now, but I'm probably gonna get a Dodge Viper pretty soon. Aug-17-07
A: Yes, you can put it on other parts of the car. If fits all models.
Q: How does the sun get thru the roof? Aug-17-07
A: The sun wonīt get thru the roof, because the self adhesive sunroof is a sticker that gives your car the look of a real sunroof, but you donīt make a hole to the car.
Q: Does this sunroof come with all of the installation tools necessary for proper install? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, itīs only a sticker that you put in your carīs roof and gives your the look of a sunroof, but you donīt make any holes to the car. It comes with step to step instructions, itīs very easy because you only have to put the sunroof sticker in the car.
Q: how much horsepower does this add? Aug-17-07
A: The self adhesive sunroof doesnīt add any horsepower to the car.
Q: I would love to have a sunroof - is it guaranteed to be waterproof? do you have pictures from the inside of the car after install? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, itīs only a sticker in the carīs roof, and itīs waterproof and weatherproof, thereīs no need to make holes on the car. From the inside the car will look the same since youīll only be attaching the sticker sunroof in the carroof.
Q: What is this magnetic technology? so is it a sticker or a magnet? Aug-17-07
A: Itīs a magnet and a sticker so it can stick better to the car.
Q: Is this the kind of sunroof that slides back or only pops up? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is only ornamental, itīs a sticker that gives your car the look of a real sunroof, but it doesnīt slides back or pops up.
Q: Does the product come with instructions on how to cut the hole in the car roof? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, it is only a layer of stickers that attaches to your car, without any holes and gives the car the appearance of a sunroof.

Hope you all enjoyed...
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:39   #2389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo View Post

Q: Will this work with my convertible? ..... but I'm probably gonna get a Dodge Viper pretty soon.

Q: how much horsepower does this add?
Hey neo, that was super. had me in splits. These guys need to get some brains before anything else. Have a convertible and need a sun roof? and to top it all ornamental crap on a viper.

The horsepower question was just someone playin the fool I'm sure. hehehe.
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:11   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Awesome find dude
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:36   #2391
BHPian

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. Thanks

Trust me guys.. i found this long back while i was in office and laughed to death...
Today I stumbled upon it again in my favourites and laughed like hell; now i got a headache...

How does the sun get thru the roof?

I'm curious, If I stick it on the hood of my car would this then be called sunhood?

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2008 at 09:30.
general_neo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:14   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Harley Davidson..!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...html#post63075

You have read the above already and what you have not read is below:

Continued...

The engineer continued… “ But, hold on, I am not finished yet…!”

"The (self) controls system seldom works properly. It goes berserk near jewelry shops and exquisite boutiques...”
"The exposed parts need expensive painting / coating…. almost Everyday….!! and the painting shops are charging heavens for such services..!”
After some use, the front bumpers need extra special hangers to keep them in place.”
"The engine design is so bad, even when not in use, it needs oil change every month. And it takes 4 to 5 days for each oil change, which by any standard is ridiculous.”
"Most of all there is very less re-sale value. Mostly after one owner, the value drops to les than 10% of its original market price. And that’s the main reason for more men riding your invention than ours.”

The engineer said, ‘Now, check your computer for how many of the men who are riding your invention are their owners and compare with our product.

God verified his computer and reply came that more men riding the H.D.s are owners than those riding God’s invention....!!!
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:18   #2393
Senior - BHPian

5 Minute University

Check out this highly rated 5 minute university clip.

--Ramky

=========
Old 3rd January 2008, 10:20   #2394
BANNED

Honda City for 7K
Quote:
Believe it or not, a 25-year-old man stole the Honda City car of his maternal uncle and sold it off to a second-hand car dealer for a mere Rs 7000. The incident happened in Model Town in north-west Delhi and, according to the police, the accused is now absconding.
Man sells kin's car for Rs 7,000-Delhi-Cities-The Times of India
Old 4th January 2008, 16:11   #2395
Team-BHP Support

Thank God for church ladies with typewriters. These sentences actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services (Summer, 2006 Release).

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.

The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water." The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."

Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8 PM in the recreation hall. Come out and watch us kill Christ the King.

Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.

The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.

Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say "Hell" to someone who doesn't care much about you.

Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.

Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.

The Rector will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing: "Break Forth Into Joy."

Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.

Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.

Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.

Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.

The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.

Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.

The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.

This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.

Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.

The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.

The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.

Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use the large double door at the side entrance.

The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday : "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours
Old 4th January 2008, 20:42   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Thank God for church ladies with typewriters. These sentences actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services (Summer, 2006 Release).
repeat, made up, whatever. LMAO in the office.
Old 5th January 2008, 00:02   #2397
BHPian

1 more funny incident where a guy advertises some poker website and get owned by the members a very funny tread a must read.
Easiest way to own a NSX - NSX Prime

this link is all over the internet.
Old 5th January 2008, 15:10   #2398
BHPian

That guys got nailed pretty bad. Lol

Awesome find pawan.
Old 5th January 2008, 15:36   #2399
Senior - BHPian

Great Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
1 more funny incident where a guy advertises some poker website and get owned by the members a very funny tread a must read.
Easiest way to own a NSX - NSX Prime

this link is all over the internet.
That was one hell of a thread..... hilarious...... reminded me of Jerome K Jerome's "3 men in a boat". Anyone read that?
--Ramky

========
Old 5th January 2008, 15:38   #2400
Team-BHP Support

It's something like our marketingheadferrari. Absolutely hilarious.

Most Viewed