Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2020, 20:39   #121
BHPian

Re: Computer monitor recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Both the monitors are Dell U2412 ultra sharp which come with a color calibration certificate. Both run off the same graphics card, and Nvidia GTX 1060, one connected to DVI and another to Displayport. I reset both monitors and use the same settings on both. My graphics card and display settings dont change colours and everything is default. Still, if I see both monitors, the color difference is noticeable.
I've had the exact same problem with the same monitor; Bought 3 of them for a multi-monitor setup. It turned out to be a QC issue and had to be RMAed/replaced.
Old 9th August 2020, 20:42   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
I've had the exact same problem with the same monitor; Bought 3 of them for a multi-monitor setup. It turned out to be a QC issue and had to be RMAed/replaced.
Thanks for this info. But in my case, how do I find out which one is faulty? Any tool for the same? I brought the U series instead of a cheaper 24 inch monitor just because I wanted a reliable and accurate panel. Looks like this is useless
Old 9th August 2020, 20:52   #123
BHPian

The one that's got the warm red/yellow hue. If you've reset the monitor, it should default to a colour temperature of about 6500 kelvin.

Last edited by Amien : 9th August 2020 at 21:00. Reason: PS
Amien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 08:54   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this info. But in my case, how do I find out which one is faulty? Any tool for the same? I brought the U series instead of a cheaper 24 inch monitor just because I wanted a reliable and accurate panel. Looks like this is useless
Hope you have double-checked for any Cable Issues?

And do the two monitors still show their own color pattern despite swapping the inputs between DisplayPort and DVI or do you see any variations based on input?
Old 10th August 2020, 13:04   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both the monitors are Dell U2412 ultra sharp which come with a color calibration certificate. Both run off the same graphics card, and Nvidia GTX 1060, one connected to DVI and another to Displayport. I reset both monitors and use the same settings on both. My graphics card and display settings dont change colours and everything is default. Still, if I see both monitors, the color difference is noticeable.

What could be the problem? I will try to set custom color settings in the monitor but I am startled to know how can two exactly similar monitors which are supposedly color calibrated display different hues.
I am wondering if this is a windows issue? I have faced this issue in my office dual monitor setup. And now I got a second Dell U2515 for my home and see the same issue. Managing by manually adjusting the settings of both the monitors to reach and acceptable matching color profile.
Old 10th August 2020, 17:54   #126
BHPian

Thanks to @Amien was able to narrow down on the Samsung 21.5 inch Monitor with eye care mode, had ordered one before the sale and it costed me Rs.78xx but the monitor turned out to be cracked. So luckily on Amazon Prime day sale ordered it again for Rs.7500.

Computer monitor recommendations?-20200810_163140.jpg

The eye care mode does work by giving a yellow tint to the screen.

Even though the monitor is claimed to be bezeless, it still leaves a thin border all around.
revvharder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 16:05   #127
BHPian

Re: Working from home? Show us your home office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I placed order for this Benq model today. Prime day sale + Hdfc card discount brought the price down to ~8600.
Hi, how has the performance of this monitor been?

I think it's quite an old model but available for about 10k right now - the new one is still out of stock and would be around 12K I'm guessing. My usage would be daily office work and current screen is the 14inch ThinkPad screen
Old 29th September 2020, 16:25   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Hi, how has the performance of this monitor been?
It is good for the price I paid (~ 8500).

-ves:
Height is not adjustable (not an issue for me)
Build quality is good but nothing great
Speaker is below average (not an issue for me)

I am using it only for my home office work (coding& office applications) ~ 8hrs a day.
Old 29th September 2020, 16:29   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It is good for the price I paid (~ 8500).

-ves:
Height is not adjustable (not an issue for me)
Build quality is good but nothing great
Speaker is below average (not an issue for me)

I am using it only for my home office work (coding& office applications) ~ 8hrs a day.
Thanks, this is very helpful. Will most probably go for this in the next sale - since I plan on on using external speakers and a seperate monitor stand.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 18:20   #130
BHPian

Purchased the Benq EL2870U 4K monitor. This is a 28inch model. I did take a few days to get used to the size difference compared to my previous 21inch Samsung. Available on Amazon for 23k. https://amzn.to/3mXU2PU
Old 29th September 2020, 19:04   #131
Senior - BHPian

Just about time I found this thread. I am looking for a 4K 144Hz monitor. Can you guys suggest a good one for me? I don't want a big monitor. Just 24inch size is the right one for me. Any leads would be appreciated
Old 29th September 2020, 19:31   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Purchased the Benq EL2870U 4K monitor. This is a 28inch model. I did take a few days to get used to the size difference compared to my previous 21inch Samsung. Available on Amazon for 23k. https://amzn.to/3mXU2PU
This is a TN panel, please avoid unless you know exactly what you're getting. Also consider the following response:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Just about time I found this thread. I am looking for a 4K 144Hz monitor. Can you guys suggest a good one for me? I don't want a big monitor. Just 24inch size is the right one for me. Any leads would be appreciated
Could you specify a use-case for this monitor? When it comes to displays, quality of panel matters a whole lot more than screen resolution. At 24 inches, you're also looking at terrible scaling even for 2k(the ideal monitor size for which is 27-30 inches), let alone UHD/4k. Perhaps you have a specific need that you could clarify?

If you want the high refresh rate for gaming, there is very little hardware that can drive a modern game at that resolution to make the fast refresh relevant.

Last edited by Amien : 29th September 2020 at 19:36.
Old 29th September 2020, 19:34   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you specify a use-case for this monitor? When it comes to displays, quality of panel matters a whole lot more than screen resolution. At 24 inches, you're looking at terrible scaling even for 2k(the ideal monitor size for which is 27-30 inches), let alone 4k. Perhaps you have a specific need that you could clarify?If you want the high refresh rate for gaming, there is very little hardware that can drive a modern game at that resolution to make the fast refresh relevant.
My usage is to play AAA title gaming. High refresh rate monitors helps in FPS gaming

4K preference is due to make my rig future proof in case I upgrade my GPU to RTX 30 series cards.
Old 29th September 2020, 19:44   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
My usage is to play AAA title gaming. High refresh rate monitors helps in FPS gaming

4K preference is due to make my rig future proof in case I upgrade my GPU to RTX 30 series cards.
The resolution isn't what makes a monitor future proof. Games are much more enjoyable with a resolution fit for the monitor size and viewing distance, with the details turned up.

Panel quality > game detail levels > frame-time performance(1% lows) adaptive sync > screen resolution > high refresh-rate > local dimming/HDR and other visual tech.

^ In that order. Give me an idea of your current rig and planned upgrades as well as your monitor budget.
Old 29th September 2020, 20:40   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The resolution isn't what makes a monitor future proof. Games are much more enjoyable with a resolution fit for the monitor size and viewing distance, with the details turned up.

Panel quality > game detail levels > frame-time performance(1% lows) adaptive sync > screen resolution > high refresh-rate > local dimming/HDR and other visual tech.

^ In that order. Give me an idea of your current rig and planned upgrades as well as your monitor budget.
That was extremely technical for me to comprehend

But I’d require a 144hz 4K monitor. 27inch is fine. Budget would be max 25-30k for monitor.

However, my rig is already updated with GTX 1080 and Ryzen 1600 cpu. I’m running all AAA titles without breaking any sweat. But I do have inclination towards Rtx30 series. Since they’re mostly 4K capable cards, I am planning on latching onto 4K 144hz monitor.

Not a tech savvy - please bear with me and suggest a good monitor
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks