Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2017, 21:14   #2491
Senior - BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Folks, any idea when the Jio DTH is expected to hit the market?
Tatasky is now costing a bomb, it was 15+k for us this year, 4 TVs with HD boxes.
(
Even I am waiting for Reliance Jio DTH. The subscription costs of Tata Sky are way too high. We can hope that Jio brings the same disruptive business model to the DTH arena as it did in the the mobile business.
I usually renew my subscription for a year, but this time have renewed for 6 months.

There were some rumors floating around a few months ago but all that seems to have dried up.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 13th September 2017 at 21:16.
Old 14th September 2017, 10:13   #2492
BHPian

Those rumors must have an element of truth because for the first time in the past 12-15 years of Zee Dish I got an offer of almost 33% extra on short term recharges. Pay for three months and get four months. Something must be delaying Reliance because the offer has reduced with Zee DTH now.
Old 15th September 2017, 01:16   #2493
BHPian

Help required to source Videocon D2H DVR remote which has a record button on top. My remote died about 4 months ago and the customer care and local service centre has not been able to give a replacement. I have got nothing but assurances and nothing else. I tried browsing on E-commerce sites but i could not see any thing matching my remote. It looks like this with a red button top for recording.
Attached Thumbnails
Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-tmp_imag1007598069825.jpg  

Old 15th September 2017, 05:18   #2494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Help required to source Videocon D2H DVR remote which has a record button on top.
Most small electronic (multipurpose) shops - like the ones on SP Road in Bengaluru - can get you this. If you aren't comfortable purchasing from these places, then you can always request GIRIYAS to source one for you. I remember getting a similar remote for a friend a long while back.
Old 18th September 2017, 13:47   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Help required to source Videocon D2H DVR remote which has a record button on top. My remote died about 4 months ago and the customer care and local service centre has not been able to give a replacement. I have got nothing but assurances and nothing else. I tried browsing on E-commerce sites but i could not see any thing matching my remote. It looks like this with a red button top for recording.
Videocon should be able to replace this, check with them again? Last time i remember replacing remote for Rs 250 from Videocon D2H customer care service.
Old 30th October 2017, 10:33   #2496
BHPian

Looks like Reliance Digital license is expiring in Nov '17 and users are going to get a free Tata SKy connection.
Old 1st November 2017, 12:24   #2497
BHPian

Seems like TataSky is putting in some effort to make their app better. Got a call last week from them asking to meet me regarding the app, I obliged and three ladies came yesterday to discuss about the app.
They asked questions about the app, my usage, about the channels I watch, ways to improve it etc. The app was recently updated and is allot better than the older version, although finding channels and the layout is a bit confusing at times.
I gave them my views and suggestions and they left. Apparently in about a months time they will release another update which will see a major overhaul and they will introduce web streaming as well.
Old 1st November 2017, 13:14   #2498
mxh
BHPian

Recently saw a videocon dth connection in one of the restaurants.. Seemed to be of better clarity than tata sky. Can anyone confirm if the picture quality of videocon is better than Tata sky? And how's their customer service nowadays?
Old 1st November 2017, 13:36   #2499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Looks like Reliance Digital license is expiring in Nov '17 and users are going to get a free Tata SKy connection.
I have Reliance Big TV, and worked flawlessly since more than 5+ years. BIG TV license expires on 18-11-2017 as per the message I have received.

However, I am now confused between Tata Sky and Videocon DTH.

Not sure which one has better quality, but I am mostly getting skewed towards Tata Sky as due to its wider success.
Old 1st March 2018, 12:31   #2500
Distinguished - BHPian

Been seeing this offer since last night:

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/rel...x-hevc-1818227

Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-bigboss.jpg

Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-homebanner5.jpg

Quote:
The DTH operator, with this new plan, claims to offer "free access" to both free-to-air channels (up to 500) for a period of five years as well as pay channels (including HD channels) for a period of one year. Pre-booking for the set-top box will begin on Reliance Big TV's official website from 10am on March 1, subject to stock availability.With its latest HD HEVC set-top box, Reliance Big TV will offer features like schedule recording, USB ports, YouTube access, and simultaneous viewing and recording of TV shows. Pre-booking will be accessible via the official website. An amount of Rs. 499 is payable to confirm the booking; with an additional Rs. 1,500 payable on receipt of the set-top box and outdoor unit.
Once free access to pay channels ends after the first year, customers will need to recharge their set-top box with a monthly amount of Rs. 300 from the second year onwards to get the refund of the initial amount of Rs. 2,000 on completion of two years of successful monthly payments. This means that customers will be eligible for a refund three years after the initial purchase. The amount will be refunded in the form of account recharge value.
We currently have 4 DishTV HD connections at our home (1 parent, 3 child) and it is costing us Rs 1538/month (World Pack + Full ON HD).

Is it worthwhile to switch over to Reliance under this offer?

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st March 2018 at 12:33.
Old 11th March 2018, 22:48   #2501
BHPian

Anyone here using Videocon D2H? Why isn't there an HD option for Sony Ten 2? It's so frustrating to watch important La Liga & UEFA CL matches in SD
Old 12th March 2018, 11:25   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Anyone here using Videocon D2H? Why isn't there an HD option for Sony Ten 2? It's so frustrating to watch important La Liga & UEFA CL matches in SD
I was using Videocon D2H, but was fed up waiting for new channels to be added. On top of that, they removed already existing channels from the pack and started charging extra for Sony Ten series. Also Videocon has HD for Sony Ten 1 and I had to watch UCL matches on Sony Liv app using my Apple TV, but switching between matches is not that efficient that way.

The subscription from Videocon was also costing me a bomb, since my other connection is an Airtel one. Hence I decided to get an add on connection from Airtel which shows all channels !

OT : Star had decided to stop showing their channels on Airtel due to issues regarding payment and subscriber info, and the same was expected to come into effect from 8th March. I was told that if I wanted the channels that they had stopped, I would've had to recharge for the channels and the amount would then be refunded back to me.

However the channels did not stop airing and I can still view all channels from Star. Don't know if this is package specific or Airtel have resolved the issue

Last edited by akhil994 : 12th March 2018 at 11:27.
Old 12th March 2018, 11:47   #2503
Team-BHP Support

It's been over six months that we haven't recharged TataSky and frankly, don't miss it one bit.

HotStar/Espn.in take care of sports requirements
Amazon Prime Video/YouTube for entertainment

Of course, every now and then, there's a temptation to just be able to surf channels randomly and watch the same movies that have been airing since eternity. But then lack of that option leads to better ways of being entertained!
Old 12th March 2018, 17:48   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
The subscription from Videocon was also costing me a bomb, since my other connection is an Airtel one. Hence I decided to get an add on connection from Airtel which shows all channels !
Oh? I actually found the rates of Videocon D2H (especially the A-la-carta for HD channels) very affordable compared to the other service providers. Yes, their add-on packs and sports packs are almost worthless. The lack of Sony Ten 2 HD is the sole gripe I'm facing right now.
Old 12th March 2018, 17:58   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Not exactly a solution, but sonyliv website airs all the games in HD quality for free, if you have chrome or fire tv you can watch them on TV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks