Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2018, 07:20   #8566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Guys, i just received the Mi TV. i have the Amazon Fire stick but I am thinking of getting Amazon Fire tv 4k from US. Anyone using it in India? I want to know if everything works fine when using with Indian account and do we get the Indian content on Prime?

I got my fire tv stick from the US. All i had to do was reset it, and sign in with my Indian account. US content got replaced with Prime India content and India specifc apps.
Old 26th February 2018, 09:17   #8567
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Guys, i just received the Mi TV.
Any first hand review? How easy is using the Apple TV like remote? Were you able to configure and control your DTH? Overall impression on 4K and HDR?
Old 26th February 2018, 10:37   #8568
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone using it in India?
I had an issue on a 8 year old Sony LCD. When I put in the fire tv into the side hdmi port the fire tv worked first time but next restart it kept saying unrecognized signal. I switch to a hdmi port at the back of the TV and no issues after that. Sharing this info for others just incase there is an incompatibility with older hdmi versions.
It works just fine with an Indian account and content.
Old 26th February 2018, 14:26   #8569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
I got my fire tv stick from the US. All i had to do was reset it, and sign in with my Indian account. US content got replaced with Prime India content and India specifc apps.
Thanks a lot. I think that works for me. I had an idea but just wanted to be sure.
Old 26th February 2018, 15:11   #8570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Any first hand review? How easy is using the Apple TV like remote? Were you able to configure and control your DTH? Overall impression on 4K and HDR?
Yet to be installed. It will happen today. Will share some feedback on weekend perhaps. Though it will be my upgrade from 42 inches full hd tv hence I expect to be impressed.
Old 26th February 2018, 19:50   #8571
BHPian

Quote:
Yet to be installed. It will happen today. Will share some feedback on weekend perhaps. Though it will be my upgrade from 42 inches full hd tv hence I expect to be impressed.
Did you get it delivered in Bangalore? I tried on the sale day and delivery was not available in my area pin code in Bangalore. I even tried with 560001 with the same result.
Old 26th February 2018, 20:21   #8572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Did you get it delivered in Bangalore? I tried on the sale day and delivery was not available in my area pin code in Bangalore. I even tried with 560001 with the same result.
Same issue when I ordered from Pune. Looks like they are delivering to selected areas in the city .
Old 26th February 2018, 20:47   #8573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I got it the next day of order. Tv is installed and I am just going through it. Will post my feedback soon, probably over the weekend. One thing that irritated me is once you select a preset for display, it changes to standard the moment you switch source or any other app, I have to change it to my custom settings again and again.
Old 1st March 2018, 20:37   #8574
BHPian

Xiaomi to introduce more Mi TVs in india.. yummy!

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/xia...launch-1818585
Old 1st March 2018, 21:06   #8575
Senior - BHPian

Mi TV 4 sales seems to be a complete sham to me. How can the sale close before it starts in less than a second? And twice at that! Or are they not selling in Delhi NCR area for now. Anyway, these are nothing but marketing gimmicks to me.

Cheers...
Old 4th March 2018, 11:32   #8576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Mi TV 4 sales seems to be a complete sham to me.
This strategy has made them number 1 in India for mobile sales. It is very bothersome no doubt but there are tools that help in making the purchase. If you want to purchase the TV, there is a chrome add in that you can use.
Old 4th March 2018, 22:19   #8577
Senior - BHPian

I have a Panasonic LED Smart TV bought last year, has a standard 1 year warranty. Is it worth to get additional 1 year extended warranty?
Old 4th March 2018, 23:05   #8578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I have a Panasonic LED Smart TV bought last year, has a standard 1 year warranty. Is it worth to get additional 1 year extended warranty?
No two ways about it, You should insure your product by taking as much extended warranty as the manufacturer allows. Being a Smart LED tv, anything can go wrong. Something always breaks down after the warranty expires in my experience and as a rule, I always opt for extended warranty for maximum term allowed.
I have a Samsung LED & Sony LED at home.
Samsung is quite liberal in its warranty program offering First year + 4 years (Purchased) warranty.
Sony is quite stingy. Sony only offers First year + 2 years (Purchased) warranty.

I would advise you to go ahead and go in for the maximum warranty you can purchase with Panasonic.
The costs will be worth it in case of an expensive repair down the line - god forbid.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 14:44   #8579
BHPian

Guys, Instead of using TV speakers I use Digital Sound Decoder Converter(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AMC2J1Y/) along with 3 creative computer speakers+woofer instead of the TV speakers as the quality is way better. Now them. the converter went kaput, the 2nd one. Can you suggest a better qualify converter, or something to have Center + Left + right running instead of stereo?
Old 7th March 2018, 16:45   #8580
BHPian

More Mi TV's joining the party!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks