Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2018, 01:43   #8821
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
I have myself tried 2 versions and both of them have this issue.
Thank you. It is sad that it is not available. Hopefully it will, soon.
Old 2nd November 2018, 01:48   #8822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Don't buy these converters. I suffered through the same some time back. My Samsung had only optical out and horrendous sound. I spent about 3k on the converter and the output was even worse than the TV speakers.
Instead, spend a little extra for a soundbar with optical in. I've seen a few that are going for 5-6k on Amazon. Trust me, it's a bit more of a spend, but the converter is a total waste of money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I completely agree its a waste of money. 5 years back I sourced this from the UK and someone sent it to me. The sound was really disappointing. I'm using a basic Bose Solo5 to enhance the sound, and it's just great. Costs just Rs. 18K in UAE. Amazon India has JBL soundbars for 8K, I noticed.
Thanks a lot guys. Your suggestions are much appreciated. I was thinking about a soundbar as well. Max budget is about 8K. I guess these also need a power supply? Would they work directly off the TV remote or do they come with their own remote? Once plugged in will the TV speakers still work or only the sound bar? Any suggestions for a good sound bar - brand, model number etc?
Regards,
SS
Old 3rd November 2018, 07:34   #8823
Senior - BHPian

Well, I've seen Sony and LG remotes with home theatre buttons. The Bose remote 'learns' TV remote commands and controls everything!

TV speakers will work if you have optical output uncheck function. But you won't go back to TV sound once you got these, so that's a needless concern! For 8K budget check out JBL. They have quite a few, you can demo and select!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Would they work directly off the TV remote or do they come with their own remote? Once plugged in will the TV speakers still work or only the sound bar? Any suggestions for a good sound bar - brand, model number etc?
Old 5th December 2018, 13:18   #8824
BHPian

Tom Cruise & Christopher Macquire uploaded a video about motion smoothing settings on LED TVs to enjoy movies at home.

Here is the twitter link
https://twitter.com/TomCruise/status...71781757616128

Here is the only YouTube video I found of the same
Old 16th December 2018, 10:00   #8825
BHPian

My 6 year old LG Plasma TV (42PN4500) refuses to turn with red led blinking 3 times and switching off. LG technician checked it and says that Y axis board has failed and it could be due to panel getting short. Unfortunately parts are not available and would need scrap this.

I am looking for a 43' FHD with Smart TV functionality and visited few retail shops in T nagar (Viveks/Croma). LG 43LK5760PTA looks good with Smart features and inbuilt apps as well. LG magic remote looks very user friendly as well but TV is only 2 star rated. Sony is Rs.10000 higher for similar features. Looking forward for suggestions for this spec in sub Rs.50000 budget.

Last edited by concorde24 : 16th December 2018 at 10:19.
Old 17th December 2018, 11:46   #8826
Senior - BHPian

I need to replace my TV back home in Cochin. Looking for a 32 - 40 inch non smart LED TV with Full HD. Picture quality gets top priority. There seems to be a huge variation in price once you go above the 32 inch mark. Probably due to the tax difference for bigger TV's. Any suggestions ?
Old 24th December 2018, 13:30   #8827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Has anyone sideloaded Amazon Prime on their Iffalcon TVs?. Is it working fine. People have reported that wifi gets disconnected every few minutes once it has been installed.

I followed the link below and Amazon Prime working for me in 55K2A-

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/i...69/post-801087
Old 24th December 2018, 18:22   #8828
BHPian

Hi guys

Are there any suggestions for super budget range, say (Rs 7-8k). Our maid was asking for one but I'm not sure if there are any in that range which are of reasonable good reliability.
Old 25th December 2018, 10:44   #8829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
My 6 year old LG Plasma TV (42PN4500) refuses to turn with red led blinking 3 times and switching off. LG technician checked it and says that Y axis board has failed and it could be due to panel getting short. Unfortunately parts are not available and would need scrap this.
I did try speaking to multiple TV repair shops, looks Y sus panel is tough to get in Plasma and eventually gave the TV for 1.5K scrap value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
I am looking for a 43' FHD with Smart TV functionality and visited few retail shops in T nagar (Viveks/Croma). LG 43LK5760PTA looks good with Smart features and inbuilt apps as well. LG magic remote looks very user friendly as well but TV is only 2 star rated. Sony is Rs.10000 higher for similar features. Looking forward for suggestions for this spec in sub Rs.50000 budget.
Did a detailed analysis of all the TV's in 43 inch category and shortlisted couple of them in LG/Sony & Samsung after detailed demos at North Usman road shops in T nagar - Croma, Viveks, Vasanth & Co and company exclusive showrooms of Sony, LG Best shop and Samsung Plaza. For those who want to explore options, I recommend North Usman road - all major shops have presence here all in 100 m range.

After evaluation I was not able to find a single TV in LG/Sony/Samsung which has all my apps (AirtelTV, Prime, Jio TV) and ability to side-load apps like Android. Then I decided to go for Basic 43' TV and continue to use my Chromecast dongle.

LG Best shop was offering good price for FHD 43' TV and purchased it for 33k (including HDFC cashback. I took delivery immediately and installation guy came in 1 hour and it was up and running
Old 30th December 2018, 15:28   #8830
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I need to replace my TV back home in Cochin. Looking for a 32 - 40 inch non smart LED TV with Full HD. Picture quality gets top priority. There seems to be a huge variation in price once you go above the 32 inch mark. Probably due to the tax difference for bigger TV's. Any suggestions ?
Buy this: https://www.amazon.in/Sanyo-108-2-in...6163871&sr=8-1

Last edited by mithun : 30th December 2018 at 15:30.
Old 31st December 2018, 14:34   #8831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
We have currently narrowed it down to 40 inch (Sony - R252/352) or 43 inch LG. Any suggestions within these brands ? Unlike in 2012, almost all the 32 inchers you get today are HD ready and not full HD. Hence currently looking at the 40 -43 inchers, preferably non smart.
Old 31st December 2018, 15:07   #8832
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.. need a small help.

My 43' panasonic led has built in net apps. Recently, the youtube app has stopped working. I even did a master reset, but to no avail. Kindly help.
Old 31st December 2018, 17:46   #8833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
We have currently narrowed it down to 40 inch (Sony - R252/352) or 43 inch LG. Any suggestions within these brands ? Unlike in 2012, almost all the 32 inchers you get today are HD ready and not full HD. Hence currently looking at the 40 -43 inchers, preferably non smart.
Are you very specific to Sony or LG, I was actually very impressed with TCL/ifFalcon PQ and it was on par. Its around 15k for 40 inch. Just ordered, if you can wait for 3 days I can post a detailed review as I also have Sammy P64 Plasma and Sony 32 Inch LED HD too
Old 31st December 2018, 18:46   #8834
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Are you very specific to Sony or LG, I was actually very impressed with TCL/ifFalcon PQ and it was on par. Its around 15k for 40 inch. Just ordered, if you can wait for 3 days I can post a detailed review as I also have Sammy P64 Plasma and Sony 32 Inch LED HD too
Please do post a review. And specially of sports like cricket. The refresh rate of 60k vs higher refresh rates in the likes of LG - I want to see the impact on ball sport viewing.
Old 31st December 2018, 20:49   #8835
Senior - BHPian

Ordered my second 65" iFFALCON 4K. The value and the picture quality offered by this TV is just mind blowing. Original Netflix and official Android is cherry on top. The best 60k I have ever spent.

Cheers...

Most Viewed