Old 23rd August 2019, 21:58   #9031
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Eddy,
Thanks for the prompt response.
I have a fairly old Samsung TV.
I could not find HDMI CEC Device Control anywhere in the Menu.
Could you please be a little more specific?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
SS
Sorry, I meant the firetv stick menu.
Old 24th August 2019, 00:38   #9032
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone else faced this problem? In fact, I have 2 Fire sticks and have the same issue on both of them.
I have two of the 4k fire tv and I use aaa rechargeable batteries that I charge using my Panasonic cordless phones. I started with the aaa due to the rapid discharge of the batteries on the fire tv remotes. I am guessing the Bluetooth nature of the remotes is causing it, not sure. Since then all my remotes, weigh scale etc that support aaa, I am using rechargeables for the primary reason to avoid battery leak and spoil the remote or device. I have had too many such remote loss instances.

I have a question btw, when we watch Netflix, I very often get an error message (-115) that needs me to power cycle the fire tv. If we watch one episode of a series, it will definitely not be able to start the next episode without a power cycle. I am guessing this is due to the decryption of the content. Infact if we pause any content and it goes to Screensaver it will need a power recycle. This started after a few months of using these devices and I am guessing a software update may be causing it. This is happening since March. I've now started using a chromecast device (for Netflix) that does not face this error but the other two firetv devices still have the issue.

Last edited by diyguy : 24th August 2019 at 00:47.
Old 24th August 2019, 06:11   #9033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am using an Amazon Fire TV stick on my older TV. Something I have noticed before but not paid much attention to is the way it goes through batteries. Mine hardly last a week. Has anyone else faced this problem? In fact, I have 2 Fire sticks and have the same issue on both of them.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
SS
I had this issue only when I was using anything other than Duracell aaas. But they also typically last me from 1-3 months only.
Old 24th August 2019, 21:00   #9034
Team-BHP Support

I have a LG LED TV with the Magic Remote. The damn remote runs through two AA batteries in about three-four months; and we barely use the TV.

Is this common?
Old 24th August 2019, 21:34   #9035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I have a LG LED TV with the Magic Remote. The damn remote runs through two AA batteries in about three-four months; and we barely use the TV.

Is this common?
Yes. Some of these air mouse type of remotes use a lot of battery. My 60 inch VU TV remote used to use up 2 AA batteries almost every month. I ended up buying rechargeable batteries for it. Now my new TCL 75 inch has 2 remotes and they are still using the same batteries after about 7 months.
Old 24th August 2019, 22:07   #9036
Distinguished - BHPian

How does the OnePlus TV stand up to its competitors? Any tips would be highly appreciated!
Old 25th August 2019, 00:01   #9037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have two of the 4k fire tv and I use aaa rechargeable batteries that I charge using my Panasonic cordless phones. I started with the aaa due to the rapid discharge of the batteries on the fire tv remotes. I am guessing the Bluetooth nature of the remotes is causing it, not sure. Since then all my remotes, weigh scale etc that support aaa, I am using rechargeables for the primary reason to avoid battery leak and spoil the remote or device. I have had too many such remote loss instances.
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions @diyguy, @ Ithaca, @Eddy.

Rechargeable batteries seems a good option. I will have to dig through a lot of stuff to find my charger.

My last set of new "Ever Ready" red batteries in the Fire Stick lasted less than 24 hours. This is just ridiculous!

Regards,
SS
Old 25th August 2019, 08:24   #9038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Rechargeable batteries seems a good option. I will have to dig through a lot of stuff to find my charger.

My last set of new "Ever Ready" red batteries in the Fire Stick lasted less than 24 hours. This is just ridiculous!

Regards,
SS
Yeah. I had the same experience. Those batteries are crappy.

Get the Duracell or energizer ones. They do have way way better life. Been using them, and quite happy.
Old 25th August 2019, 12:34   #9039
BHPian

Depends on the type of AA batteries too. If you are using the cheap zinc batteries (cost about 10-15 bucks each) like eveready red, they dont last long. While the more expensive (cost 30-40 bucks each) alkaline batteries (like duracell or even amazon basics) last longer.
Old 25th August 2019, 17:11   #9040
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
SS
I have faced the same issue of battery draining, though it used to last over a month with Fire stick remote. Have overcome that by moving to a unified remote(bought off Amazon) with controls for both TV and Firestick, and haven't felt need for Firestick remote ever since.
Old 25th August 2019, 18:23   #9041
Senior - BHPian

@lobogris ~ I read that you have a TCL 75 inch tv. Would you be able to give your views on how the tv is performing and what works for it and against it.

Looking to get a 75 inch tv but the reviews for such a scare in the Indian context. Thanks!
Old 26th August 2019, 10:31   #9042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalrao View Post
Depends on the type of AA batteries too. If you are using the cheap zinc batteries (cost about 10-15 bucks each) like eveready red, they dont last long. While the more expensive (cost 30-40 bucks each) alkaline batteries (like duracell or even amazon basics) last longer.
You are right. Also the cheaper Zinc batteries from Nippo,Eveready tend to leak out once they die and cause a mess in the battery compartment. The carbon zinc batteries are good only for Wall Clocks

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 26th August 2019 at 10:33.
Old 26th August 2019, 10:35   #9043
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone upgraded LG Web OS to 5.10.10? Any issues after the update?
Old 26th August 2019, 16:44   #9044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You are right. Also the cheaper Zinc batteries from Nippo,Eveready tend to leak out once they die and cause a mess in the battery compartment. The carbon zinc batteries are good only for Wall Clocks
I forgot to remove the batteries from my BT keyboard and apparently they discharged and contaminated the terminals. Is there any solution (read liquids) or something to clean this and make it working?

Coming to Fire stick topic, I've been using Duracell Chota power and they too don't last over 2 months. Guess rechargeable batteries are the economical way to go. I guess these BT remotes are always on and keep searching for signal which drains the batteries much earlier than usual.
Old 26th August 2019, 17:25   #9045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
Is there any solution (read liquids) or something to clean this and make it working?.
You are lucky if only the terminals are damaged. You can try sandpaper to clean the terminals. I have removed insulation from about 1-2cm of electric wire and wind the copper to the terminals and coil spring so it forms a new path for the battery. This has worked for me in situations where the damage is not internal to the pcb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks