Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 08:56   #9091
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Greetings Guys,

The LG service person came for the installation confirmed that it is new unit, he showed me the service menu to show the 0 hours on UTT.
There is no way to change the UTT hours other than by replacing the board. Relax - your TV is new.
Old 1st October 2019, 10:42   #9092
BHPian

Hey guys,
I'm planning to buy a 43" 4K smart tv and after going through numerous reviews and a couple of showroom visits, I have narrowed it down to the Samsung 43RU7100.
Would be of great help to get your thoughts on this particular model. Will be hooking it up to a Tatasky HD STB and also will be streaming primevideo and hotstar. Any unknown real world issues to look out for, if any?
Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 12:44   #9093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbaz906 View Post
I have narrowed it down to the Samsung 43RU7100.
Will be hooking it up to a Tatasky HD STB and also will be streaming primevideo and hotstar. Any unknown real world issues to look out for, if any?
Thanks
When I was window shopping TVs last month, the salesman at Croma told me Hotstar is not available as app & I would need to use Firestick for Hotstar.
YouTube is available.
Another member few pages before mentioned that Samsung UI does not support Hotstar.
Please confirm this before buying.
Old 1st October 2019, 13:57   #9094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
When I was window shopping TVs last month, the salesman at Croma told me Hotstar is not available as app & I would need to use Firestick for Hotstar.
Yikes! Somehow I've missed checking it. Samsung's website and flipkart mention that it's supported, but as you said it may require a Firestick.
Thanks for the heads-up, will check for it specifically on my next visit.
Old 1st October 2019, 14:15   #9095
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up, will check for it specifically on my next visit.
Kindly update what you actually find out here. More so to help others.

The new One Plus TV don’t support Netflix as a native app. So one reviewer was expecting a software update to fix this.

In these times of streaming services, all manufacturers should ideally allow all services to work without the use of a fire stick (chromestick I have no experience.)

And yes, offline sales are cheaper than online ones. My friend two days ago bought the Vivo v17 pro for ₹28500 - cheaper than Amazon.

Last edited by Ithaca : 1st October 2019 at 14:17.
Old 1st October 2019, 15:19   #9096
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
In these times of streaming services, all manufacturers should ideally allow all services to work without the use of a fire stick (chromestick I have no experience.)
Exactly right! Same reason why I had 'assumed' that Hotstar is available and ready to go. Having to buy a Firestick after purchasing the latest "Smart" TV is just pointless.
Are there any other android TVs that I should consider? What about the Motorola TVs, they are way cheaper than Samsung/LG but have launched just a week ago so no way of knowing potential issues.
Old 1st October 2019, 16:15   #9097
BHPian

Quote:
Are there any other android TVs that I should consider? What about the Motorola TVs, they are way cheaper than Samsung/LG but have launched just a week ago so no way of knowing potential issues.
I have a Sony android TV.
Have all streaming apps working on it.
Has dedicated Netflix button.
Prime, Hotstar & SonyLiv.
Old 1st October 2019, 21:31   #9098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
There is no way to change the UTT hours other than by replacing the board. Relax - your TV is new.
Thanks for the motivating words I see it cant easily be done but using the service remote it can be reset. Based on the feel that I have from the external look and the way panel looks, I feel its new, I shall go ahead with extended warranty (which I was anyways planning to) to ensure I'm covered.
Do you guys see any better options than going with the official LG extended warranty? They seem to be charging a lot, almost 17-18K for a year that will be a discounted price if purchased within the month of TV purchase.
Old 1st October 2019, 23:50   #9099
BHPian

Quote:
Got back today after a marathon TV demo run at 3 different stores.
And the latest RU7100 does support Hotstar. It isn't preinstalled but can be downloaded via the Samsung app store. I couldn't download it due to poor internet at the store, but the salesman reassured multiple times that it works fine. Will be purchasing it and getting delivery in a couple of days, so I'll update further.
Plus this was in the official brochure.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20191001_234407.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2019, 07:37   #9100
BHPian

Quote:
And the latest RU7100 does support Hotstar.
Please check Frame QLED series which is available for insane 75 K at Flipkart.
It has a 10 year warranty on panel.
Old 2nd October 2019, 07:53   #9101
BHPian

Quote:
And the latest RU7100 does support Hotstar. It isn't preinstalled but can be downloaded via the Samsung app store.
Hi,

Any reason why are your looking at Samsung ? It is based on a tizen os. I would recommend buying a TV which is based on Android os.

That will give a true smart TV experience. I have booked MI 40 inch, they also have a 43 inch UHD

Netflix and Prime were not earlier available as apps but have been recently added by most of the manufacturers.

Apart for these you also get Chromecast built in Android TVs which is an added advantage. They also support play store and hence apart from media apps you can also download other apps like games etc. It also comes with Google voice assistance which is a breeze to use. Do check out VU, MI and other brands. The model I have mentioned also has Bluetooth which can be connected to headset for people who watch late night movies.

One can always debate on the quality of the display I am sure Sony and Samsung would lead but the next in line are not as bad.

I hope this message finds you in time.

Last edited by freak : 2nd October 2019 at 07:55.
Old 2nd October 2019, 08:26   #9102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Please check Frame QLED series which is available for insane 75 K at Flipkart.
It has a 10 year warranty on panel.
I did check them out at the store, stunning picture quality but it'll require a substantial stretch in the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
Hi,
Any reason why are your looking at Samsung ? It is based on a tizen os. I would recommend buying a TV which is based on Android os.
Yes I am aware of the benefits of an android tv, but folks at home are against getting anything apart from the major brands. Also the TVs from MI/VU were not available at retail stores, so even I'm a bit sceptical about deciding on them without having a look at the panels.
I am actually very impressed by the new Moto TVs, they look very promising and are cheaper. But they launched like a week ago, so again doubts about long term performance.
Old 2nd October 2019, 09:19   #9103
BHPian

Quote:

Yes I am aware of the benefits of an android tv, but folks at home are against getting anything apart from the major brands.
Buy a Sony. It is the only major brand that offers android.

Last edited by civic-sense : 2nd October 2019 at 09:20.
Old 2nd October 2019, 09:20   #9104
BHPian

Quote:
My brother purchased a non smart 43" Samsung with a free fire tv stick and a 32" Sony smart from Amazon this week. With the fire tv, you are covered for most eventualities. Purchasing from Amazon, you get free additional warranty and a few other financial benefits. Am sure you have considered this but thought would mention this.
Old 2nd October 2019, 09:33   #9105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
My brother purchased a non smart 43" Samsung with a free fire tv stick
How much did he pay for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Purchasing from Amazon, you get free additional warranty and a few other financial benefits.
What kind of free additional warranty & other benefits?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks