Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2014, 11:58   #2461
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Contact your local post office and maybe they can help. But usually i have not had much luck with them as well. I just wait and hope i get it before protection runs out. Else i claim for refund.

Thrice i had to do it.
Thanks for the tip! Post Offices are closed today because of 2nd Saturday though. :( So the last mile delivery is by post offices?

Would you happen to know how the package moves about in India after it reaches India? As in, which body it moves through where?
Old 8th November 2014, 12:06   #2462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Would you happen to know how the package moves about in India after it reaches India? As in, which body it moves through where?
You will get it delivered by either regular post or speed post person. All the stuff I order from international sellers be it with or without tracking number gets delivered by the postman. Also, most of the times the shipping details are not updated regularly and once the item was marked delivered four days after I got it. In another case, the tracking number said that the item was yet to leave Kolkata LCAO but I had already got it. Its more like a buy it, forget it and be surprised when it arrives at your doorstep
Old 8th November 2014, 13:45   #2463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The human cost of outsourcing and driving prices down to unsustainable levels.

Yes, this is very bad, and, doubtless, will get worse. Not just India: being a courier in London is a very dangerous job, probably also other cities/countries too.
Old 8th November 2014, 14:58   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Post Offices are closed today because of 2nd Saturday though.
Just a nitpick; post offices don't have holidays on second Saturdays. Today is a holiday because of Kanakadasa Jayanthi, and it is also a bank holiday (found out the hard way; now that is two Saturdays in succession).
Old 8th November 2014, 16:41   #2465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The human cost of outsourcing and driving prices down to unsustainable levels.

Yes, this is very bad, and, doubtless, will get worse. Not just India: being a courier in London is a very dangerous job, probably also other cities/countries too.
Although it is extremely moving, but at the same time doesn't it feels too dramatic? Every job is tough. And I can name countless others which are way more tougher than this one. Yes I do feel sad for the domino's and the like employees. They are under true pressure due to there stupid 30 minutes guideline.
Old 8th November 2014, 16:57   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You will get it delivered by either regular post or speed post person. All the stuff I order from international sellers be it with or without tracking number gets delivered by the postman. Also, most of the times the shipping details are not updated regularly and once the item was marked delivered four days after I got it. In another case, the tracking number said that the item was yet to leave Kolkata LCAO but I had already got it. Its more like a buy it, forget it and be surprised when it arrives at your doorstep
Haha. I hope it reaches before it is too late!

That said, what if I say it didn't reach on time and ask for a refund and the order is delivered after that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Just a nitpick; post offices don't have holidays on second Saturdays. Today is a holiday because of Kanakadasa Jayanthi, and it is also a bank holiday (found out the hard way; now that is two Saturdays in succession).
Oh, that explains it! I should've mentioned Bank was closed too, perhaps. Would've helped your cause.

And an update from Amazon.

I had placed on order on the 9th of October that was to be delivered on the 13th of October. 13th came and went. As did the 28th, but no sign of the package.

I contacted Customer Service multiple times and they kept citing "in-transit delays" as the reason.

Finally, I asked for a refund and they refunded the amount promptly.

After this, for another order, I had an issue with the Customer Service representative. I promptly sent out a mail to Jeff Bezos, mentioning that orders were delayed by weeks and that the customer service was bad. I got a response today.

And the result? The order that was to be delivered on the 13th of October was delivered today though I already got a refund for the same! Looks like someone must've taken the mail seriously and got things(literally) moving in the right direction.

I am requesting a return from Amazon since the order amount was already refunded and I don't wish to keep something I got for free.
Old 8th November 2014, 18:09   #2467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Although it is extremely moving, but at the same time doesn't it feels too dramatic? Every job is tough. And I can name countless others which are way more tougher than this one. Yes I do feel sad for the domino's and the like employees. They are under true pressure due to there stupid 30 minutes guideline.
The effect of these pressures and artificial deadlines, not only on delivery drivers, but on drivers of cabs, buses, etc etc, surely leads to more accidents, and deaths, on the roads, both from rash driving, and the effect of exhaustion. It is not too dramatic to say that it is killing people.

It is something much more serious than simple short-term-target/low-cost bad management.
Old 8th November 2014, 18:16   #2468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The effect of these pressures and artificial deadlines, not only on delivery drivers, but on drivers of cabs, buses, etc etc, surely leads to more accidents, and deaths, on the roads, both from rash driving, and the effect of exhaustion. It is not too dramatic to say that it is killing people.

It is something much more serious than simple short-term-target/low-cost bad management.
Yes it does. But then that will cover such a vast number of jobs that things will get very complicated. The article above does have portions where its just trying to get over emotional. For instance: The mother who almost looked 70 and her son cried as soon as they saw each other.

And I would still maintain that there are a number of jobs in our country which are much more worse and grilling and with a lesser pay. E commerce has rather helped generate a lot of jobs for sure.
Old 8th November 2014, 22:28   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

Other things are worse may be true, but it is no excuse to build an industry on cheap labour and exploitation.
Old 9th November 2014, 16:41   #2470
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Great service recovery by Amazon.com USA. All the DVDs were re-shipped and delivered the very next day by them, free of cost.

Amazon.in - the three DVDs I ordered got delivered but way after the expected date. This is only because the shippers/sellers use third rate courier services like Aramex. Else I have no problem at all.
Old 9th November 2014, 17:23   #2471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I finally solved the mystery of No reviews on products listed on snapdeal. I myself posted few reviews on the products bought by me on Diwali, they are showing my reviews under approval since last few days. I am sure they will not post them.
Similar experience here. Most reviews not published. Just wasted time. Also, never trust reviews on Snapdeal. Many seem fake, many very superficial and most simply not published.
Old 9th November 2014, 20:46   #2472
Distinguished - BHPian

I just ordered a case for an Asus Fonepad. They say it has been despatched, but won't reach me until the end of the week. I wondered how that was possible unless it was coming from the other end of the country, so I checked, and ...it's coming from the other end of the country!
Old 10th November 2014, 15:26   #2473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Now until she sends me the missing product, the entire money is blocked for her. Very good Paisa Pay and EBay. I will dig more into EBay to find out for how long can they block the money and is there any deadline, post which they would issue me a full refund.

Today, I have restored my faith in EBay. The 14 days EBay guarantee is a very good way to safeguard the customer from being cheated by sellers like mine.
Well, the seller turned out to be a big time liar.
I received a call next day from EBay customer support to discuss about the missing product. I repeated my story.

EBay: So do you want refund or product.
Me: Product. Don't want refund.
EBay: Have you contacted seller.
Me: Yes, she is not responding after 8 conversations. Please intervene and ask the seller to pull up its socks.
EBay: No point sir, if you have spoken so many times to EBay, nothing much we can do.
Me: Ehhh ??
EBay: We will refund you the money.
Me: Okay. But what about mental harrasment ? Are you compensating for that ?
EBay: Yes, we will refund you 110% of product value
Me: What is that now ?
EBay: Full refund of amount + 10% more.
Me: Fair enough.
EBay: You want money in account or gift voucher ?
Me: Gift Voucher code.
EBay: Okay - You will get email in 7 days.
Me: Thank you.

We seldom learn from our mistakes, but again we are helpless.

Accessories for less popular brands are majorly sold over EBay.
So I had the misfortune of placing an order for a mobile cover for my brother's Micromax XL A109 (or something similar).
Order shipped within 2 days. Guess with what.... ARAMEX

The package is in transit since 5 days.
So what do I do now ? I raised a Claim for full refund. The package will eventually reach me after some days, and I will keep it too.
I do give a damn. The seller should give it out to me free, after putting me through so much frustration.

The Online Shopping Thread-ebay.jpg

Someone was asking about Alibaba / Aliexpress shipping.
So I had ordered some stuff from them too. Both are more than 1 month old. Still lying in China.
Seller says, China Customs are very Strict. Check out the chat below.

The Online Shopping Thread-ali-2.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-ali-1.jpg
Old 10th November 2014, 23:28   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Someone was asking about Alibaba / Aliexpress shipping.
So I had ordered some stuff from them too. Both are more than 1 month old. Still lying in China.
Seller says, China Customs are very Strict. Check out the chat below.
Haha. In my case, it appears like the folks at the post office are just lazy to deliver the package.

It reached India on the 26th of last month and reached Bangalore on the 29th, but no sign of it yet.
Old 10th November 2014, 23:33   #2475
BHPian

Snapdeal is going to have a huge sale tomorrow. I hope its nothing like FKs Big Billion Day flopshow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks