Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 19:05   #2641
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Not Yet.

Does anybody have any idea how to get the terms & conditions of Shopping Deals after the deal is over. Case in Point is the above issue. I tried with Amazon to send me the details unsuccessfully.
I have logged a complaint with HDFC reg the cash back.

I have the mailer from HDFC and the link takes to the right T&C. But not the case with Amazon. I too make a point to save the T&C from now on.
Old 16th December 2014, 19:16   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I have logged a complaint with HDFC reg the cash back.

I have the mailer from HDFC and the link takes to the right T&C. But not the case with Amazon. I too make a point to save the T&C from now on.

Same here. Lodged a complaint today and they said they will sort it out in 3 days. At first the HDFC rep tried to convince me that I have received the cash back through rewards point. Gave him an earful with the choicest of words then only he went ahead with the complaint.

I guess they just don't credit unless you make a noise.
Old 16th December 2014, 20:23   #2643
BHPian

I received Rs. 24 yesterday which was the actual cash back.

For Terms : http://www.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/Ama...rds!/post/3716
Old 17th December 2014, 08:19   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Landed up some nice deals during the recent "App only" deals at flipkart. A Nikon lens, a Samsonite backpack, a memory card, a pair of MI pistons etc. Everything arrived in 3 days counting Sunday as well. Flipkart is growing on me.
I bought an ESPRIT watch from Flipkart which was going at Rs 2995, MRP about 10K. I received the item, but rather confused whether it is a replica. I have a previous bad experience with ebay where I ended up with a replica, a fact I realised only after a year.

I want to make sure so that I can send it back if it really is a replica. What strengthens my fears is that it didn't come with a warranty card and an instruction manual, both mentioned in the specs.

Seller was WS Retail. This is the link to the item: http://www.flipkart.com/esprit-analo...mdhhzzdkn58yxg

Help me out please...

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_35_12_pro.jpg
Looks kinda used, but the price tag is intact.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_35_36_pro.jpg
The dial looks beautiful and everything is very sharp. This is the only place that makes me think it is an original.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_36_19_pro.jpg
See the white marks at the holes on the strap. It is not genuine leather. The description in Amazon.com says that it is art leather. But it should be more durable, I presume.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_36_38_pro.jpg
The strap says "REAL LEATHER". Whom to believe? The description or the watch?

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_37_02_pro.jpg
The box it came in. Looks kinda okay. Elsewhere it comes in the regular kind (squarish) box.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_37_24_pro.jpg
Back side of the box.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_37_39_pro.jpg
Manufactured in 2012. That's two years old. Something fishy.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_42_37_pro.jpg
Doesn't a brand like ESPRIT deserve to come in a better looking box?

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_42_51_pro.jpg
The ESPRIT logo sits on a piece of aluminium. I love metal.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20141217_06_43_04_pro.jpg
That embossing on cardboard is a nice touch.

So, guys do you think I am looking at a replica/fake?

Last edited by civic-sense : 17th December 2014 at 08:42.
Old 17th December 2014, 09:23   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Not Yet.

Does anybody have any idea how to get the terms & conditions of Shopping Deals after the deal is over. Case in Point is the above issue. I tried with Amazon to send me the details unsuccessfully.
I saved the T&C from the amazon website during the shopping festival as I also made a purchase , they're reproduced below. As another bhp-ian has pointed out , you'll find the same T&C on the HDFC website now .

Frequently Asked Questions:
Quote:
1. What is the offer?
Get 10% CashBack on HDFC Bank Debit or Credit Cards. No minimum purchase required. The maximum cashback permitted/allowed per Card (including all add-on-cards) during the Offer Period is Rs. 2,500/-. The offer is valid from 10-Oct-2014 – 15-Oct-2014.

2. How can I avail this offer?
There are no special steps to avail this offer. Just go through the normal purchase process.

3. When will I get the cash back?
Cashback will be credited to the card holder's account latest by 15-Dec-2014.

4. Do I need a promo code to avail the cash back offer?
No, you do not need a promo code. Just use your HDFC Bank Debit or Credit Card to place the order.

5. Can I avail the cash back on more than one purchase?
Yes. The cash back will be applicable to the total value of your order, which can include multiple items. It will also be applicable on multiple orders placed during the offer period. However, there is a maximum limit to the total cash back amount that can be availed. Please see the terms & conditionsbelow for more details.

6. Can I avail the cash back on two different cards?
Yes. The cash back offer is applied on a per card basis, so if you have two cards of the same bank, you can avail the cash back offer on both cards.

6. Can I avail EMI and still get the cash back?
Yes. You are eligible for cash back even if you avail the EMI option. Cash back is applicable on the total product value excluding interest for EMI.

Cash Back Terms & Conditions

Quote:
1. This marketing program ("Offer") is from HDFC Bank Limited ("HDFC") under an arrangement with Amazon Seller Services Private Limited ("Amazon"). It is open to all residents of India holding a valid and current HDFC debit or credit card ("Card") and to whom a communication is sent by the Bank ("Cardholder").
2. The validity of the Offer ("Validity of the Offer") is from October 10, 2014 to October 15, 2014 (both days included), unless extended by HDFC and/or Amazon.
3. HDFC Bank holds out no warranty or makes no representation about the quality, delivery or otherwise of the services offered by Amazon.
4. HDFC reserves the right to disqualify the Card Holder(s) from the benefits of the Offer, if any fraudulent activity is identified as being carried out for the purpose of availing the benefits under the said Offer or otherwise by use of the Card.
5. This Offer is made available to the Cardholder(s) selected at the discretion of HDFC.
6. The Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
7. Any person availing this Offer shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
8. HDFC and Amazon reserve the right, at any time, without prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, to add/alter/modify/change or vary all of these terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this offer by another offer, whether similar to this Offer or not, or to extend or withdraw it altogether.
9. This Offer is valid for Indian residents and citizens only.
10. Delinquent and over-limit HDFC credit card members will not qualify for this Offer.
11. HDFC Cardholders are not bound in any way to participate in this Offer. Any participation is voluntary and the Offer is being made purely on a best effort basis. 12. Nothing herein amounts to a commitment by HDFC to conduct further, similar or other Offers.
13. The above Offer is by way of a special offer for select HDFC Cardholders only and nothing contained herein shall prejudice or affect the terms and conditions of the card member agreement. The terms of the above schemes shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the terms contained in the card member agreement.
14. All disputes between the Cardholders and HDFC, if any, arising out of or in connection with or as a result of above Offer or otherwise relating hereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts / tribunals in Mumbai only, irrespective of whether courts / tribunals in other areas have concurrent or similar jurisdiction.
15. Offer not valid on corporate or commercial Cards.
16. Cash back is not applicable on purchase of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus

Last edited by sdp1975 : 17th December 2014 at 09:25.
Old 17th December 2014, 10:03   #2646
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is most likely an original piece, albeit smuggled.

A friend bought a TAG online at a huge discount, and then went to a TAG store to confirm. That's what he was told.
Old 17th December 2014, 10:04   #2647
BHPian

Quote:

It looks genuine and the usage looks like it was a display piece on a shelf somewhere. You can try entering the serial number on the espirit site. Alternatively call the importer and verify the veracity as well.
Old 17th December 2014, 10:08   #2648
BHPian

Guys try http://cashkaro.com/r=392345

Register and then click on the website link where you want to buy from and shop as usual. There are good discount offers for most sites. No need to hunt for coupons.
Old 17th December 2014, 10:44   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
It is most likely an original piece, albeit smuggled.

A friend bought a TAG online at a huge discount, and then went to a TAG store to confirm. That's what he was told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
It looks genuine and the usage looks like it was a display piece on a shelf somewhere. You can try entering the serial number on the espirit site. Alternatively call the importer and verify the veracity as well.
Thanks.

The seller is WS Retail, so I wonder whether they would be dealing in smuggled goods or sell display pieces.

I searched the ESPRIT site for a page I can verify the serial number, but couldn't find.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:00   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

The seller is WS Retail, so I wonder whether they would be dealing in smuggled goods or sell display pieces.

I searched the ESPRIT site for a page I can verify the serial number, but couldn't find.

Call the importer number on the box. WS retail is supplied with discounted items from other folks clearance stock, just like other online retail aggregators. They may have also bought bulk surplus or discount items. Check your date of import for a clue on the age of the watch.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:06   #2651
BHPian

Quote:

The box it came in. Looks kinda okay. Elsewhere it comes in the regular kind (squarish) box.

Back side of the box.

The Box is fine, i have bought 1 from Lifestyle in Noida and it came in a similar box. As pointed out earlier it looks like a display piece to me. However it should come with a warranty card. You can follow up on it.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:08   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I received the item, but rather confused whether it is a replica.
I can confirm that the box is genuine - I brought an Esprit for my wife from a brick and mortar shop at Meenakshi all (forgot the shop's name) and it came in a similar box.
If the warranty card and manual is missing, open a ticket with flipkart - they will revert with the details.

--Anoop
Old 17th December 2014, 11:22   #2653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

They seem to be clearing old stock. I brought a Swiss knife during the Big billion day sale and only the outer packing was a bit worn out which was two years old but the product was unused and damage free. Got it for a fraction of its price tag.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:33   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Call the importer number on the box. WS retail is supplied with discounted items from other folks clearance stock, just like other online retail aggregators. They may have also bought bulk surplus or discount items. Check your date of import for a clue on the age of the watch.
OK, I called up the importer. A lady picked up. She said, they are the sole importers, and they supply to WS Retail as well. Date of import is Sep 2012, so it was languishing somewhere (probably in Aarti Jewellers' display unit) for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
The Box is fine, i have bought 1 from Lifestyle in Noida and it came in a similar box. As pointed out earlier it looks like a display piece to me. However it should come with a warranty card. You can follow up on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I can confirm that the box is genuine - I brought an Esprit for my wife from a brick and mortar shop at Meenakshi all (forgot the shop's name) and it came in a similar box.
If the warranty card and manual is missing, open a ticket with flipkart - they will revert with the details.
I raised a ticket on Flipkart for the missing warranty card and instruction manual. Somebody called up and said that the invoice is good enough for warranty. When I insisted on having the card, he said, he would send a replacement watch, to which I happily agreed. A minute later he calls back and says that it is out of stock and would process a refund instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
They seem to be clearing old stock. I brought a Swiss knife during the Big billion day sale and only the outer packing was a bit worn out which was two years old but the product was unused and damage free. Got it for a fraction of its price tag.
So it looks like it was a "last piece" or showroom piece which they were getting rid of at a huge discount.

Now am in a real dilemma. Should I rather keep it, given that without the warranty card I might not be able to claim warranty? The watch is irresistible, BTW.

Last edited by civic-sense : 17th December 2014 at 11:37.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:43   #2655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now am in a real dilemma. Should I rather keep it, given that without the warranty card I might not be able to claim warranty? The watch is irresistible, BTW.
I would say, Keep it.

You got a good deal so and Flipkart says that the invoice is good enough to claim warranty. The watch houses a quartz movement and in case if there is any issue and you can't claim warranty, you should be able to get it fixed cheap. So, even if you factor in repair cost, it will not come close to the MRP, so at the end, you win again

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks