Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 20:50   #646
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Sky Thread

After months of pestering by TataSky, finally decided to upgrade my SD connection to HD.

Absolute Nightmare!

They have no idea what offers apply to what kind of customers, nobody seems to have access to do anything or transfer to anybody of consequence, and one of their over-eager associates actually put me on hold and bumped off my annual SD connection, charging me 5k+ INR of my annual 6.6k subscription for 4-5 months of pro-rated usage trying to change my base package, all in response of me asking what the difference amount is to convert SD to HD pack.

I spent close to 9 HOURS with 22 different people on call in total today, a good chunk of those actually had the audacity to disconnect because they had no idea what to do to resolve my issues (that they caused themselves).

They've taken a complaint and promising resolution in 72 hours, but I'm frustrated enough to throw the whole thing out, write off the few thousand rupees lost and be done.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th September 2016 at 20:57.
Old 28th September 2016, 14:07   #647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
After months of pestering by TataSky, finally decided to upgrade my SD connection to HD.

Absolute Nightmare!......
So this was finally resolved by writing to their nodal officer. A thorough waste of time and effort for something that shouldn't take more than 10 minutes tops, and I witnessed the organisation's absolute lack of organization (pun intended) at all levels of customer service. I've had a better experience with BSNL, and that's saying something.

If I ever need to call TataSky for anything, I'd rather throw the equipment out and not bother at all. I'm definitely never paying up for an annual subscription again. EVER!
Old 29th September 2016, 16:31   #648
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
So this was finally resolved by writing to their nodal officer. A thorough waste of time and effort for something that shouldn't take more than 10 minutes tops, and I witnessed the organisation's absolute lack of organization (pun intended) at all levels of customer service. I've had a better experience with BSNL, and that's saying something.

If I ever need to call TataSky for anything, I'd rather throw the equipment out and not bother at all. I'm definitely never paying up for an annual subscription again. EVER!
I can understand you pain.
I happened to get a horrible experience from their customer service - I ended my 10 year old relation with them and switched over to Airtel.
These guys were so pathetic - even after explaining multiple times what they were charging was wrong - did not choose to waive of a couple of hundred rupees and lost a subscriber who was due for a bi-annual subscription renewal for close to 16K rupees.
Fully agree about amount of time being wasted on calls and Tata Sky reps fail to understand and acknowledge simple and common sense points.

Regards,
JLS

Last edited by JLS : 29th September 2016 at 16:33.
Old 31st October 2016, 21:46   #649
Senior - BHPian

I recently switched to Tata Sky HD and noticed one issue with it.

I can not control the volume of all HD Channels through the volume button of the Tata Sky remote control. I had to use TV remote/Universal remote function of the remote to control the volume of the HD channels.

Any specific reason why I am facing this issue? I called up the Tata Sky helpline and the executive told me I need to check HDMI port? (Couldn't understand his part what he was trying to explain).

Please assist on this.
Old 31st October 2016, 22:43   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any specific reason why I am facing this issue? I called up the Tata Sky helpline and the executive told me I need to check HDMI port? (Couldn't understand his part what he was trying to explain).

Please assist on this.
Try with a different HDMI cable. I have NEVER faced this issue with TSky.
Old 31st October 2016, 23:10   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Please assist on this.
Organiser->User Settings ->Sound Settings->Preferred Audio for HDMI => PCM
Old 31st October 2016, 23:16   #652
BHPian

Quote:

I can not control the volume of all HD Channels through the volume button of the Tata Sky remote control. I had to use TV remote/Universal remote function of the remote to control the volume of the HD channels.

Please assist on this.
Is your setup inclusive of a home theatre? if yes, then even I've faced the same issue.HD channels volume can't be controlled by the tata sky remote, but only with the home theatre remote. Somehow the issue resolved itself. Try re-routing the HDMI cable(to the amplifier or directly to the tv) or use a co-axil cable for audio output. And not to worry, you're not the only one facing this issue
If all else fails, try digging around with the settings.
Old 31st October 2016, 23:34   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One:1 View Post
If all else fails, try digging around with the settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Try with a different HDMI cable. I have NEVER faced this issue with TSky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Organiser->User Settings ->Sound Settings->Preferred Audio for HDMI => PCM

This setting worked, now I can control the volume on HD channels too. Earlier it was set to Dolby. Couldn't notice any difference in sound quality though.
Old 5th November 2016, 14:30   #654
Senior - BHPian

I will term you as a thief if you are charging me more without pre informing about your intentions. It now needs to be seen as to who is willing to take the responsibility from the Tata Sky Management.

I have a simple TS SD connection with a few add-ons. The base pack is Dhamal Mix. The rates have been increased thrice in the 2016 and below are the break ups.

February : 250
April : 270
November : 285

Now there has been no prior intimation from the tata sky end with regards to these increments. When I confronted the Call center their response was "None has raised this concern in the past"? Don't understand the meaning or the relevance as well. Anyways, the first explanation provided was "as HD rates have increased, so the base pack had to" As I don't have HD pack subscribed, so another justification was provided, "many new channels have been added to the Dhamal Base Pack". Customer care was not in a position to share information as to what all has been added extra, but I was provided a link to check :-

http://www.tatasky.com/wps/portal/TataSky/channels

Also there had been no response from the Nodal Officer from Maharashtra, who I understand is someone by the name Amit Singh [020-60001771] at the moment.

TS does not have any working escalation matrices and neither they are willing to share any more information other than the Nodal Officer. These NOs I understand leave jobs on the slightest pretext and therefore they are not better than the CCs. Definitely TataSky should share contact details of executives of importance, who are actually bothered to hear and resolve.

Please take this as a warning to all tata Sky subscribers out here and keep a tab on your monthly charges?

Also it seems that the recharge time window is decreasing as the days are increasing. Do not want to go into another argument that a month has 30 /31 days, but my recharge schedule is 8/9 of every month, not 5or6 (no alteration of packages etc).

Definitely another point to look out for BHPians...
Old 5th November 2016, 14:59   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

February : 250
April : 270
November : 285
Your are lucky. I started the year with 430 and now am at 550 per month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Also it seems that the recharge time window is decreasing as the days are increasing. Do not want to go into another argument that a month has 30 /31 days, but my recharge schedule is 8/9 of every month, not 5or6 (no alteration of packages etc).
It seems they kick off the new tariffs midway of the usual billing cycle. This way the previous recharge validity drops by a few days. Earlier i used to recharge on the 12th of a Month. Now it is due on 8th of the month.
Old 9th November 2016, 19:14   #656
BHPian

Stopped using TS due to poor service and utter lies by the TS team.
Here is the story:
- During free upgrade from SD to MPeg4 stp (couple of years ago) the TS guy refused to give the remote which comes with the new STP. He demanded additional Rs.600/- for that. Later I came to know that he is supposed to give it free.
- Wanted to upgrade to HD and called TS. They inturn passed the request to an agent. I had a balance of about 900 so chose the "payment on upgrade" option. However they debited my account and brought the balance to negative and there was a message on the screen that I need to pay or I will be cutoff. I called the agent and they told me to ignore the message and that they will install the HD the same day and credit the payment from me so there will be no issue. The problem is they did NOT come for installation for 3 days and I could not watch TV. The third day I called up and cancelled the HD upgrade so the debit was reversed. I watched till the balance is zero and stopped watching TS.

Now I am happy because I only watch youtube (very little Ads) and NetFlix (Zero Ads)!
Best part is that many channels are now available free on youtube!!
Old 25th December 2016, 10:32   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Since 2 weeks, I'm facing a strange problem. All HD channels have lost its volume control. Whatever level i change it to, it doesn't make any difference and it plays at the volume level set in the TV. But for SD channels its working fine. Anyone else facing this issue? Have complained to the customer care just now and waiting for a technician visit.
Old 25th December 2016, 10:57   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This setting worked, now I can control the volume on HD channels too. Earlier it was set to Dolby. Couldn't notice any difference in sound quality though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Since 2 weeks, I'm facing a strange problem. All HD channels have lost its volume control. Whatever level i change it to, it doesn't make any difference and it plays at the volume level set in the TV. But for SD channels its working fine. Anyone else facing this issue? Have complained to the customer care just now and waiting for a technician visit.
You probably are facing the same issue I was facing a couple of months back.

Try this setting - "Organiser->User Settings ->Sound Settings->Preferred Audio for HDMI => PCM".
Old 6th January 2017, 14:44   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata sky is definitely becoming expensive to operate. Especially the HD access fee of 175 is a rip off!

Any alternatives?
Old 7th January 2017, 22:43   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Tata sky is definitely becoming expensive to operate. Especially the HD access fee of 175 is a rip off!

Any alternatives?
Totally agree. I used to pay about 500-520 in 2015, and slowly, for the same set of channels I am being asked to pay 665 every month. Any more hikes, I am pulling the plugs on Tata Sky and putting the STB on our Give-away thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks