Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2019, 13:38   #12256
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
So guys ensure if it is a new model phone, get a confirmation from Airtel it is added to the system. Request for the eSIM through phone only once and use it
Thank you, I will try this for my Iphone 11 Pro on 7th.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd October 2019 at 14:19. Reason: Fixing Quotes.
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:20   #12257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
The model no indeed starts with 'M'. That's a relief. Thanks guys!
By the way, the F* serial numbered Apple refurbs are not yet sold/available in India as far as I know.

Also, wanted to ask you guys if the iPhone XR, 64 GB at 43k (with 2k cashback and a useless screen replacement policy freebie) worth it? I thought the 38k deal (with cashback) would be there, so didn't buy back then, my bad. Should I wait for Diwali deals, or, buy now out of Impulse? I sold my iPhone 7 dirt cheap to buy the XR which was on sale, and now Amazon jacked the price
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:21   #12258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Thank you, I will try this for my Iphone 11 Pro on 7th.
If it is Airtel, you are good to go. Since I have done the guinea pig round for 11 Pro I figured that I could add multiple eSIM profiles on the phone (only one can be active though), just wondering if I should have one Jio connection also added as back up lol
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:41   #12259
Senior - BHPian

I grabbed the one day offer on Amazon where the XR was going for 39,900/. Phone got delivered two days back. I really didn't see any issue with the screen display technology. Camera is good as well, particularly, enjoyed the 'Portrait' one that wasn't available on my previous iPhone 7.

What i do find difficult is the size of the phone. Having got used to the 7 for 3 years, i somehow found that the 7 was of an appropriate size for the palms.

Any recommendations for a good screen guard and phone cover for the iPhone XR? I got a red one and was looking for a transparent cover. There are quite a lot of ones available and i wasn't able to make up my mind and asking recos here.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd October 2019, 15:15   #12260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Any recommendations for a good screen guard and phone cover for the iPhone XR? I got a red one and was looking for a transparent cover. There are quite a lot of ones available and i wasn't able to make up my mind and asking recos here.

Thanks in advance.
Spigen for cover always.

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Ultra-H...s%2C258&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Liquid-...%2C258&sr=8-10

I have never used screen guards with these covers. Simple logic I paid with my kidney for the screen and user experience, I don't want to compromise it in anyway with any kind of screen protector, which does not work 50% of the time to protect the screen
Old 3rd October 2019, 15:43   #12261
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jaggu, just ordered a Spigen. I too don't like the screen protectors, but i had to change my 7 only because the screen shattered when it fell onto a small rock( Ironically, when i tripped while taking a video of the exteriors of a zoom car and the phone flung into a small rock ).

Thanks again.
Old 4th October 2019, 02:10   #12262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I got the best deal on amazon India. The seller needs serial number etc and activated the plan immediately for me.

Need to check, warranty maybe International. But apple care may not be, not sure but needs to check.
Got AppleCare from the local Apple Store. My phone was purchased in the US, and buying AppleCare here wasn't an issue.

Strange thing was they did the activation in their own systems and not through the physical AppleCare cards sold at the store. Wonder why.

Last edited by omar : 4th October 2019 at 02:11. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 4th October 2019, 08:11   #12263
BHPian

Quote:
Spigen for cover always.
Quote:
Thanks Jaggu, just ordered a Spigen. Thanks again.
I have always bought Spigen cases for my iPhones and usually clear cases.
Only problem with clear cases if you wish to retain your phone for more than a year is that they get brown with age.
Since I was not exchanging my one year iPhone this year, decided to give her some love by buying another case and tossing the older one which is now brown at the edges.
Got a great deal in this Amazon Sale season.

Spigen Matt Black Case

In the new iPhone 11 pro range, in my opinion, the Midnight Green colour looks the best when seen in real life.
Old 4th October 2019, 12:51   #12264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
Also, wanted to ask you guys if the iPhone XR, 64 GB at 43k (with 2k cashback and a useless screen replacement policy freebie) worth it?
I think it is a good deal and you can go for it. I don't think you'll get it for cheaper than 43k. Either way, is 1-2k worth waiting in anticipation and not having a decent phone meanwhile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
I sold my iPhone 7 dirt cheap
Just curious, how much did you sell it for?

Quote:
What i do find difficult is the size of the phone. Having got used to the 7 for 3 years, i somehow found that the 7 was of an appropriate size for the palms.
I absolutely agree with you. I too am planning to upgrade from a 7 and this is my only grouse with the XR. The XS, 11 Pro seem more manageable but they are a bit too expensive. Will most likely end up going for XR only.
Old 4th October 2019, 14:08   #12265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
I think it is a good deal and you can go for it. I don't think you'll get it for cheaper than 43k. Either way, is 1-2k worth waiting in anticipation and not having a decent phone meanwhile?
I think during the Diwali, they may throw a better deal eventually to clear up the left over stocks (?). After the massive price drops, I 'm too intimidated to venture into anything 40k+ because prices may further go down, I feel.

Quote:
Just curious, how much did you sell it for?
Sold it for 17k/-
Old 5th October 2019, 23:43   #12266
BHPian

Quote:
If it is Airtel, you are good to go. Since I have done the guinea pig round for 11 Pro I figured that I could add multiple eSIM profiles on the phone (only one can be active though), just wondering if I should have one Jio connection also added as back up lol
I got mine converted to eSIM its with Airtel, Thank you for your help. No Hiccups it was a smooth transition.
Old 6th October 2019, 00:32   #12267
BHPian

Well looks like Apple is considering iphone SE 2 which would have iPhone 8 design along with A13 chip & 3 gb Ram. Targeted more towards China & India, but got a strong feeling with the success of iPhone 11 this might be scrapped!!

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...hi-kuo-2111716
Old 6th October 2019, 21:49   #12268
Senior - BHPian

Is the iphone 11 pro max out of stock pan india? Trying to get one but none seem to stock it. The variant am looking for is 256GB midnight green. Any pointers please?
Old 6th October 2019, 23:54   #12269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Is the iphone 11 pro max out of stock pan india? Trying to get one but none seem to stock it. The variant am looking for is 256GB midnight green. Any pointers please?
It is out of stock with at least 4 shops I checked. I believe new stocks are expected by end of day tomorrow. Anyways, I feel because of Dusshera on Tursday, it should be available for sure.

I too am waiting for the same variant, will update on the status once I know for sure.

Cheers
Old 7th October 2019, 11:00   #12270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Is the iphone 11 pro max out of stock pan india? Trying to get one but none seem to stock it. The variant am looking for is 256GB midnight green.
Amazon has lower capacity in green, 256 only gold. Do check other online sites, much easier to pick up and will deliver at door step.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks