Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2019, 12:00   #12271
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Well looks like Apple is considering iphone SE 2 which would have iPhone 8 design along with A13 chip & 3 gb Ram.

This would make sense as next year, all 3 are rumoured to be OLED and the 'SE2' would be the economical option. But I was under the impression that it would be a LCD phone without touchID, like a reduced iPhone XR/11. We will have to wait and watch.

An update from my side, I caved in and got a pre-loved mint condition Silver 256GB iP X for 40000 on FB Marketplace. The seller was desperate to update to the iP11 Pro before Dusherra and I managed to get it for a decent price.
After putting on a Spigen hybrid Case, I hardly notice any difference in size, weight, bulk between the X and my Dad's XR, which would feel huge when I was on the iP7. And yes, I can't make heads or Tails between the OLED and the LCD, but I am 43 with deteriorating eyesight so that could be the reason.
Old 7th October 2019, 13:34   #12272
Senior - BHPian

Amazon has most of the variants "in stock" now. But the HDFC cash back is not available. No Cost EMI isn't available too!
Old 7th October 2019, 15:01   #12273
Senior - BHPian

40,000 for 256 GB iphoneX is a steal. That display is AMOLED. Yeah, there is no difference between X and XR, but I feel the X with its white back looks elegant/posh and is timeless! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
got a pre-loved mint condition Silver 256GB iP X for 40000 on FB Marketplace
Old 7th October 2019, 16:36   #12274
Senior - BHPian

upgraded to the iPhone XR last week from an iPhone 7, this was truly a grand upgrade. Really enjoying the new phone. Got the XR for 40K, the price was just perfect.

Pramod
Old 7th October 2019, 20:02   #12275
BHPian

Quote:
An update from my side, I caved in and got a pre-loved mint condition Silver 256GB iP X for 40000 on FB Marketplace.
Lucky you!!! Have been trying to get my hands on iPhone X256 gb but everyone is asking for price upwards of 50K
Old 8th October 2019, 13:42   #12276
Senior - BHPian

Hey everyone,

I am currently using the iPhone 7 (128 GB) for almost 03 years now.

I am planning to upgrade the phone but need guidance on whether I should go in for the iPhone 11 or iPhone XR. I will be going in for the 256 GB version as space is a priority for me. The difference in costs between the two is approximately 10k.

As per reviews online; the i11 is a more modern phone while the iXR is apparently the most successful phone in the 'X' series and has the best battery life so far. The only major difference between the two would be the advanced camera capabilities of the i11.

Kindly help.
Old 8th October 2019, 14:46   #12277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hey everyone,

I am planning to upgrade the phone but need guidance on whether I should go in for the iPhone 11 or iPhone XR. I will be going in for the 256 GB version as space is a priority for me. The difference in costs between the two is approximately 10k.

As per reviews online; the i11 is a more modern phone while the iXR is apparently the most successful phone in the 'X' series and has the best battery life so far. The only major difference between the two would be the advanced camera capabilities of the i11.

Kindly help.
If the price difference is 10k, I'd say get the 11. Also always good to buy the latest.

However if the difference is more than that, the Xr would make more sense. A friend got the Xr 64gb for 40k in the sale where the 11 was available for 58k. Didn't make sense to go for the 11 in this case.
Old 8th October 2019, 14:51   #12278
BHPian

Quote:
Well you already have the answer about being the modern phone. iXR although is a successful but the success of i11 will soon take over that.Apple has already increased the production looking at the sales chart.The latest ios update will improve the cameras further on i11.If I was at your place, I would have bought i11. XR is not a bad phone, you should go for XR only if you're getting a really good deal with discounts. Diwali sale coming up you might get good deal on XR. So look at your priority, if you need cameras go for i11. For a normal user XR will do the job for next 2 years.
Old 8th October 2019, 15:00   #12279
BHPian

I am in a dilemma to upgrade from iPhone X to iPhone XS max or iPhone 11 pro 64GB.

I usually upgrade every year and this year went to the stores and saw all phones but can't decide. Any suggestions?
Old 8th October 2019, 16:44   #12280
BHPian

Quote:
Hey everyone,
I am planning to upgrade the phone but need guidance on whether I should go in for the iPhone 11 or iPhone XR. The difference in costs between the two is approximately 10k.
Kindly help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am in a dilemma to upgrade from iPhone X to iPhone XS max or iPhone 11 pro 64GB.
I usually upgrade every year and this year went to the stores and saw all phones but can't decide. Any suggestions?
I would advise going for the iPhone 11 Pro.
It is a the latest iPhone with newer features and will be updated regularly for the next few years.
The iPhone X is a two year old phone already so the 11 pro makes for a practical buy.
Same for the XR which seems built to a cost.
Old 8th October 2019, 16:54   #12281
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

My vote goes to 11 pro. It has awesome cameras and has brilliant battery too that wasn't the case with earlier flagship iPhones.
But XS max only ID m if you require bigger screen.11 pro will better XS max on every other count.
Old 8th October 2019, 19:34   #12282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Lucky you!!! Have been trying to get my hands on iPhone X256 gb but everyone is asking for price upwards of 50K

Those are silly listings. Can't really blame them, when they must have paid 1,04,000/- when purchased new. But you should be able to get between 38-42 for sure. If you go to cashify dot in or sahivalue dot com and try to sell a 256GB X, their purchase prices are 32-36000, so 38-42 is an idealistic value for this phone. You need to keep following olx and FB marketplace and you will surely find one. Till Diwali the chances are good, as people will be wanting to change their phones. Keep firm on your prices and try to convince the seller by showing them screenshot of above mentioned online shops buying used phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
40,000 for 256 GB iphoneX is a steal. That display is AMOLED.

It is,no! But it came with a few shockers. I checked everything while purchasing the phone,but didn't make a phone call. When all was set, the earpiece volume was way too low, even at the highest setting. Spent Day 2 thinking and searching how I have been swindled and searched online that changing ear speaker was only possible through an authorised service, else risk losing Face unlock( Roughly another 30-40000 for replacement of out of warranty phone). Was terribly depressed and wondered how I will break the news to the missus. Extended search mentioned that if there is even a little bit volume, it means that the ear speaker is fine and 2-3 solutions mentioned a cleaning of ear speaker grill with a strong brush and IPA to clear ear gunk. When I came home and gave it a try and it was indeed some debris stuck in the speaker that got cleaned away with a hard brush and IPA. The lost volume came back and it is set at halfway, else I will go deaf.
Another issue, which maybe related to the OLED screen and is mentioned online, is headaches due to the flickering. I am not sure if it is my eyesight ( as I have been avoiding getting a progressive prescription instead of my myopic lenses) that needs immediate correction or the OLED flickering.
But all in all, the phone has made me happy.
Old 8th October 2019, 19:42   #12283
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, gunk does accumulate there - ear piece could have been elsewhere and smaller. I went progressive a year back and the display is fine (you must get those fast), if you reduce the brightness it should be fine. I'm not liking the wedge these days (wife has S10), and if iPhone 12 does away with it, I'll be first in line!

Quote:
the earpiece volume was way too low, even at the highest setting.
Old 8th October 2019, 20:28   #12284
Distinguished - BHPian

Reminds me of the noise cancellation feature on the phone. Everytime I use the phone in a noisy environment, I used to get a strange funny feeling in my head and ears. Thought that something was wrong with my ears but then searched online about this issue; since it happened only while using the phone in a noisy environment. Read that a lot of people had this issue and it was the noise cancellation feature that kicked this feeling. Finally disabled the feature and I was ‘cured’!
Old 9th October 2019, 14:58   #12285
BHPian

Planing to get an iphone 11, from US. Oregon to be precise. So no tax to no government.

When I looked up the spec sheet, there doesn't seem to be any obvious difference between a global and US specification. There are few bands different between regions.

Is there any gotchas to look out for? Will be my first apple branded product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks