Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2022, 12:50   #14491
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Spent some time importing all photos videos to macbook yesterday night. The iPhone storage still shows 25GB as used even though there are hardly 5-6 photos in my phone.

Trying to see the remedy online but if someone can share a small tip, it’d be much helpful.

Attachment 2271563
Check your WhatsApp storage. If you don't have the habit of clearing WA group chats, the media accumulation in WA groups can be huge.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 09:50   #14492
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a question. I think my iPhone XR will need a battery replacement soon but the issue is I have cracked the back glass. Will Apple agree to replace the battery of a broken phone (of course I will for the battery)? Or they will ask me to replace the entire phone?

Anyone has any experience on this? I dont want to go for aftermarket batteries.
Old 14th February 2022, 11:30   #14493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, I have a question. I think my iPhone XR will need a battery replacement soon but the issue is I have cracked the back glass. Will Apple agree to replace the battery of a broken phone (of course I will for the battery)? Or they will ask me to replace the entire phone?

They will not carry out any service on a damaged device, most likely you’ll have to pay for replacing both screen and battery, assuming you don’t have Apple care.
AJ56 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:26   #14494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

Considering that most repair shops now deal with Original Apple Batteries (New ones obtained via blackmarkets), you can get it replaced at a relatively cheap rate. I had recently got my iPhone X battery with a genuine apple battery from a friend who deals with mobile repairs at a cost of 2.5k.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 20:52   #14495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I purchased iphone 13 pro (sierra blue) in UK. It is currently with my friend and I will receive it only next month when he returns.
Received the phone exactly a month after ordering it. Yet to use it though setup is complete. Have to move the sim from my current phone to the new one. Awaiting delivery of the case before using it as I am scared of dropping it.

The iPhone Thread-iphone13.jpg

Purchased below screen guard & case after recommendation from a friend of mine. He says that the case does not turn yellow soon and also provides good protection. Will have to use it for some days before commenting on that.

Screen guard : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screen guard is nice and is thick. No issue with face recognition or with touch. After installation there were few air bubbles which didn't go no matter how hard I tried. Remembered that it was mentioned in the description & in the product as well that the gum takes couple of days to stick and the bubbles will go away. I left it as is for couple of days and indeed they were gone. Attaching the pics.
The iPhone Thread-img4811.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img4815.jpg

Case : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 19:52   #14496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
This feature of alternate face does not work with mask on, it is only meant for caps and grown beard. On my 12 pro I tried and you really have to pull down your mask around your chin to register the face.

Only way to unlock the iPhone with the mask on is with Apple Watch in proximity range, for which ofcourse you need an Apple Watch
I'm on the beta and it works really well for me with the mask on. Just that sometimes there's a prompt asking me to look down and when I do, it unlocks at usual speed. It's amazing!
I use the regular iPhone 12 if you're wondering.
Old 18th February 2022, 21:56   #14497
Senior - BHPian

Got the case today and it fits perfectly on the phone. Case looks good on the phone and with whatever little I have used has a good grip too. Had slightly raised edge for camera as well as the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img4818.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-img4822.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-img4823.jpg  

TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 00:34   #14498
BHPian

Does anybody here have any experience of their SIM cards dying inside their iPhone (6S)?

This is the second SIM that has gone bad in my 6S - first it was my wife's SIM a year ago and now it is mine. The SIM is in the name of an old friend who has left the country for good, so now I can't get a replacement for it.
Old 19th February 2022, 12:44   #14499
BHPian

Has happened to me two times with my
IPhone SE (2016). Both times, it was an Airtel SIM. The SIM abruptly stopped working. Nowadays, they need you to carry an extra phone on which they send OTP and only after you provide alternate number and OTP they initiate the replacement.
prasi55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 00:35   #14500
BHPian

Both Airtel SIMs in my case too. Looks like Airtel and iPhone make a bad combo.

Visited an Airtel store and they have promised to get me a replacement if I get them a letter from my friend. He will send a scanned copy of the letter and am gonna try my luck on Monday.
Old 20th February 2022, 12:32   #14501
Senior - BHPian

A newbie question please. Very new to iPhone as I have always been with Android forever.

What is the best way to transfer the Whatsapp back up from google drive to iCloud and then into iPhone?

Never knew this is not so straight forward and have to rely on third party apps. If so, is there any recommendation on which app?
Google search throws lot of options.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 20th February 2022 at 12:58.
Old 20th February 2022, 23:07   #14502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin5497 View Post
I'm on the beta and it works really well for me with the mask on. Just that sometimes there's a prompt asking me to look down and when I do, it unlocks at usual speed. It's amazing!
This is a superb feature - which has been absent in ios. Not sure if this was there due to software or hardware limitation. Eagerly waiting for the user ready 15.4 ios update to use this. Cannot install beta versions on my 12 mini as it is my only phone and I use it for both office use and personal use with dual sims.

A query here - is the new face unlock with mask slower than normal face unlock (without mask)? and is the feature also available for locking unlocking other apps like banking apps, wallet apps etc. (in case you would have tried it?).

Last edited by Turbo_anup : 20th February 2022 at 23:07. Reason: spell check
Old 20th February 2022, 23:19   #14503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
This is a superb feature - which has been absent in ios.

A query here - is the new face unlock with mask slower than normal face unlock (without mask)? and is the feature also available for locking unlocking other apps like banking apps, wallet apps etc. (in case you would have tried it?).
Yes, it works at the same speed!
And yes to your second query too, it does work with banking and fintech apps as well. Basically anywhere FaceID is used, it works.
Old 20th February 2022, 23:35   #14504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
A newbie question please. Very new to iPhone as I have always been with Android forever.

What is the best way to transfer the Whatsapp back up from google drive to iCloud and then into iPhone?

Never knew this is not so straight forward and have to rely on third party apps. If so, is there any recommendation on which app?
Google search throws lot of options.
The only option unfortunately is the third party app route. Search in trusted Apple news sites like Apple Insider, Macrumors, Six Colors, iMore etc. and follow one of their recommendation for the third party app to use. I have not had personal experience with any of them so unable to give a recommendation.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 00:48   #14505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin5497 View Post
How do you enable this? Even I am on regular 12. iOS Version 15.3.1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks