Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 12:55   #1606
Senior - BHPian

I've recently upgraded to 3.0,the problem is I'm not able to here the ring tones properly,so i miss many calls.Can any one suggest any apps that will enhance the tones or increase the vol.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:52   #1607
BHPian

Anyone experiencing wifi connectivity issues after the 3.0 upgrade? My phone keeps dropping the wifi connection every few minutes, it's a real pain. Have read that many people are facing the same issue, hope apple fixes it soon with 3.1.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:44   #1608
BHPian

Hey Friends,
Lemme begin with saying that is another one of the hundreds of Ultra Useful threads in Team-Bhp. Keep up the good woork and knowledge sharing..

I am planning to source an iPhone 3Gs from US (to india). Now as i see on the internet the 3GS is $199 with a AT&T contract and $399 without it. So my question is that would the iphone bought without any contract for $399 also need unlocking or cracking when it comes to india to be fully utilised? If no great, if yes then where in bangalore can i get it done safely and with 100% guarantee of everything working? Also if i dont unlock this piece then what all would i not be able to use?

Please bear with me and answer these queries, considering me a complete noob at this topic
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:22   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Friends,
Lemme begin with saying that is another one of the hundreds of Ultra Useful threads in Team-Bhp. Keep up the good woork and knowledge sharing..

I am planning to source an iPhone 3Gs from US (to india). Now as i see on the internet the 3GS is $199 with a AT&T contract and $399 without it. So my question is that would the iphone bought without any contract for $399 also need unlocking or cracking when it comes to india to be fully utilised? If no great, if yes then where in bangalore can i get it done safely and with 100% guarantee of everything working? Also if i dont unlock this piece then what all would i not be able to use?

Please bear with me and answer these queries, considering me a complete noob at this topic
I believe 16 GB GS will cost you 600 and 32 GB GS will cost you 700 USD without contract from AT&T.

You will still have to unlock it though.
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:39   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Is that unlocking something one can do by themselves ??
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:53   #1611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post
Anyone experiencing wifi connectivity issues after the 3.0 upgrade? My phone keeps dropping the wifi connection every few minutes, it's a real pain. Have read that many people are facing the same issue, hope apple fixes it soon with 3.1.
There is a solution for this. Go to wifi and select your network. once you are there, go to forget network. then switch of the wifi and switch off your modem and router. Restart router and modem and let it power up completely. then switch on wifi and connect to network, add password and remember it. This will solve the problem forever.
This just needs to be done the first time.

EDIT: lurker, this can be done on your own. very easy.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 22nd July 2009 at 10:54. Reason: see edit
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:18   #1612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Is that unlocking something one can do by themselves ??
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
I believe 16 GB GS will cost you 600 and 32 GB GS will cost you 700 USD without contract from AT&T.

You will still have to unlock it though.

The iPhone 3gS is due for launch on Aug 8th.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:26   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
There is a solution for this. Go to wifi and select your network. once you are there, go to forget network. then switch of the wifi and switch off your modem and router. Restart router and modem and let it power up completely. then switch on wifi and connect to network, add password and remember it. This will solve the problem forever.
This just needs to be done the first time.

EDIT: lurker, this can be done on your own. very easy.
Let me try doing that once I get home tonight.

Another interesting thing which happened yesterday: I was logged into my office wifi, and the connection kept dropping like crazy. So I went into settings -> wifi -> <office network>, and there was an option "Auto-Join". I flicked that to ON, and it has been holding that connection OK since then. I still get to yo-yo-ing signal strength, but the connection doesn't drop.

But the "Auto-Join" option does not appear on my home wifi...maybe if I make it forget that network and re-join as you suggest, that option will come up.

Will post the feedback.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:02   #1614
Senior - BHPian

Wait until its launched in India. Hopefully, Apple Store will sell it unlocked like they do it here.

iPhone - Apple Store (Australia)
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:20   #1615
BHPian

Thanks for clarifying that Sahil and Sid.

If thats the pricing (which i found now on various sites) for the No-Contract Version, then is there anyway a person travelling to US from India buy the iPhone 3GS with contract (for $299), get it here and unlock it and use with any carrier?

Please help me understand how this can be achieved if at all possible, because if see so many have got it US and presumably cheaper than $600?
Old 26th July 2009, 11:45   #1616
BHPian

I have a similar problem in 2G with OS 3.0 Battery is getting drained very fast. But this problem I encounter 2-3 days before only. Prior to that it was working fine and I haven't change anything as far as settings are concerned.
Any idea?
Old 27th July 2009, 11:08   #1617
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour:
iPhone 3GS to be launched in India on 9th August via Vodafone & Airtel.
16GB - Rs. 32000
32GB - Rs. 38000

@sam003 - check the previous posts to work around the battery drain issue.
Old 27th July 2009, 15:56   #1618
BHPian

Did tried all but nothing works, then I stop my Wifi. It did the trick and now its ok. Thanks
Old 28th July 2009, 21:52   #1619
BHPian

Hey guys,
I just got myself i10 Sportz which comes with Aux in port, but since jack on my iPhone is recessed so im not able to find the connecting cable. Can anybody guide me that from where I can get those from in Delhi ?
Old 28th July 2009, 23:38   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Thanks for clarifying that Sahil and Sid.

If thats the pricing (which i found now on various sites) for the No-Contract Version, then is there anyway a person travelling to US from India buy the iPhone 3GS with contract (for $299), get it here and unlock it and use with any carrier?

Please help me understand how this can be achieved if at all possible, because if see so many have got it US and presumably cheaper than $600?
Any suggestions/assistance please fellas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks